• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cam Newton is the anti-Don Beebe

"I’ve seen numerous quarterbacks throw interceptions and their effort afterwards, they don’t go (after the ball). I don’t dive on one fumble because (my leg) it could’ve been contorted in a way. OK, you say my effort, I didn’t dive down. I fumbled, that’s fine, but . . . we didn’t lose that game ’cause of that fumble." - Cam Newton

You know, in a way, I actually agree with him.

The way he was being anal-raped by the Broncos, it wouldn't have mattered if he had recovered that fumble. He would just have gotten pimp-slapped again. He had already checked out of the game.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
      I agree.

Interesting as well the hatred for Cam Newton.
      I didn't like Newton when he was drafted. Over hyped (not his fault) and portrayed as thuggish. To me, he was just the newest flavor of the year. I seemed to be correct until this year.

However, he rounded out nicely and will be a force to reckoned with from now on.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
        I don't hate either player.

we shouldn't hate.

We should only love.
        I would love it if you gave me back my avatar.

Comment

• pmoon6
          Legendary Zoner
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          I would love it if you gave me back my avatar.
          We don't miss seeing your picture.

If we want to gaze at a transvestite midget, we can go to a website specifically designed for that sort of thing.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Beebe's effort on Lett transcends any perceived value or worth as a WR, or any position on the football field, or any position in any sport for that matter. It is a real life example of the essence of competition and character.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mike13
              • Aug 2005

LOl please, no one would give a **** if Lott hadnt shown off to begin with.

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                cookie really missed the point of the meme

Like big time

Haven't missed the point at all...but if you want to believe that Beebe won a ring because he caused a fumble years before..be my guest. That's an incredible leap in logic.

And if you want to believe Don Beebe's role in the Packer's SB season was anywhere near Newton's role in taking the Panther's to the SB...well..have at it.

And lastly..if you want to believe that running down a DT somehow redeems the faster player in Bills' history from a career of below average production...well...then the Bills faithful probably owe Rob Johnson a big apology.

Hell, in a playoff game, he once lost a shoe, but kept going and ran for a first down.

Never say die and all that. It makes up for all of the things he didn't learn to do as an NFL QB.

And if the Uber-POS with the longstanding anger issues wants to call me ignorant for calling the fastest player in Bills' history an underachiever...I can live with that. I've been called far worse by people I actually respect.

I backed up my opinion with facts.

He posts cartoons.

Comment

• bleve
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  I agree.

Interesting as well the hatred for Cam Newton.
                  I rarely hate anybody. Especially people in the public eye that I have no real contact with. The NFL is entertainment, and I don't go out of my way to try to read into someone's character.

However, Cam put himself in my view. I didn't overtly try to seek out his selfish antics, he shoved them in my face.

The sun will come up, objects will fall at approximately 10 meters/second(2), my wife will hate anchovies, and life will go on whether I like, or dislike Cam Newton.

But personally, I think he's a selfish asshat.
                  "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                  ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• Victor7
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                    Haven't missed the point at all...but if you want to believe that Beebe won a ring because he caused a fumble years before..be my guest. That's an incredible leap in logic.

And if you want to believe Don Beebe's role in the Packer's SB season was anywhere near Newton's role in taking the Panther's to the SB...well..have at it.

And lastly..if you want to believe that running down a DT somehow redeems the faster player in Bills' history from a career of below average production...well...then the Bills faithful probably owe Rob Johnson a big apology.

Hell, in a playoff game, he once lost a shoe, but kept going and ran for a first down.

Never say die and all that. It makes up for all of the things he didn't learn to do as an NFL QB.

And if the Uber-POS with the longstanding anger issues wants to call me ignorant for calling the fastest player in Bills' history an underachiever...I can live with that. I've been called far worse by people I actually respect.

I backed up my opinion with facts.

He posts cartoons.
                    I've issued no comments on Beebe's career. No clue as to why you are the one making the huge leaps. Your arguing over his career is the proof that the meme went over your head. All wagon did was show a guy that tried his best even in an obvious lost cause vs a guy that *****ed out with a game still on the line. That's it. Whether Beebe had a good, bad, or great career is 100% irrelevant to the meme's idea.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

I wish Cam Newton was a Bill. Period.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                        • Sep 2004

Not diving for that ball was inexcusable. And he was a baby at the presser. But I think it's also dumb to pick out the worst play of someone's career and post it up against someone's best and make that the comparison. Newton has to learn from this experience. He F'd up. Now he has to own it and move on. Will he? Not sure. But even if he is just a self absorbed coward I'd take him over Tie Rod. Just my take.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                          We don't miss seeing your picture.

If we want to gaze at a transvestite midget, we can go to a website specifically designed for that sort of thing.
                          You know what they say. Small stature, big __________. The ladies love me for a very specific reason.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                            I wish Cam Newton was a Bill. Period.
                            I had a loaner car yesterday. Car was in the shop for a couple of hours. I turn on the radio and the 80's station from satellite radio pops on playing "One Thing Leads to Another"

I laughed and laughed.

Comment

• sukie
                              Seriously?
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              I had a loaner car yesterday. Car was in the shop for a couple of hours. I turn on the radio and the 80's station from satellite radio pops on playing "One Thing Leads to Another"

I laughed and laughed.
                              They are still around.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Victor7 View Post
                                For sure.

Cam had to know that not recovering that fumble was the end of it all.

He said he didn't want to injure his leg because at the time he would've had to bend "awkwardly" or something like that

Dude, the season is all but over at that point, what little chance your team had went away when you *****ed out. Besides you've been diving head first all season long at defenders on your punishing runs. All of a sudden you are scared of getting hurt ? ... Nah bro you had checked out well before that and were just mailing it in.
                                He actually would have gotten props if he'd took the risk to get that ball. It would make him look like a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X