Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eichel/Reinhart 3G away of being 1st Sabres pair of Sabres rookies 20G since Gare&McN

Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eichel/Reinhart 3G away of being 1st Sabres pair of Sabres rookies 20G since Gare&McN

Thanks
    Thanked 16,493 Times in 12,035 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eichel/Reinhart 3G away of being 1st Sabres pair of Sabres rookies 20G since Gare

But I thought reinhart sucks??!!
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

3. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-14-2016),WagonCircler (02-16-2016)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eichel/Reinhart 3G away of being 1st Sabres pair of Sabres rookies 20G since Gare

Boy, the future is indeed bright.

Another good off-season and another 2-4 good players will be added.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Boy, the future is indeed bright.

Another good off-season and another 2-4 good players will be added.
    I'm anxious to see what we do at the draft and free agency. O think they will get eichel some more help on the wings and you'll see him take off.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Swiper still thinks Reinhart is too skinny to be a effective NHL player

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Swiper still thinks Reinhart is too skinny to be a effective NHL player
    Some say reinhart was going to be a third liner at best

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Some are idiots.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

9. Post thanked by:

JATMtheJATM (02-15-2016),WagonCircler (02-16-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know this might be a little Pollyannish, but the way they're both playing, I think they will end up closer to 30/30 than 20/20.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,689 Times in 8,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I know this might be a little Pollyannish, but the way they're both playing, I think they will end up closer to 30/30 than 20/20.

I see where you are coming from, but with both being young I see them having some peaks and valleys as the year goes on. ROR is a bad slump right now and I can see one or both of these two doing the same.

So I'll split the difference and say both hit 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (02-16-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but with both being young I see them having some peaks and valleys as the year goes on. ROR is a bad slump right now and I can see one or both of these two doing the same.

So I'll split the difference and say both hit 25.
    Yeah, that's my biggest worry, that they're not physically used to the long NHL season and will get bogged down.

But I'm hoping that what we're seeing from both of them is that they're just beginning to figure things out and that their low mileage will help their bodies overcome the long slog.

25 seems right on.

All I know is, I'm enjoying the hell out of watching them (and the rest of the team), and anyone who can't see the difference between this year's team and last year's team just isn't paying attention.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ROR is burning out this season. I feel bad for him. he is asked to do quite a bit. next year, if they get more help with moulson and gionta away, ROR won't be asked to score goals, be the grit, be the first OT line, be the leader, etc. He'll have a more normal load and be a strong piece of the puzzle instead of the whole puzzle.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, that's my biggest worry, that they're not physically used to the long NHL season and will get bogged down.

But I'm hoping that what we're seeing from both of them is that they're just beginning to figure things out and that their low mileage will help their bodies overcome the long slog.

25 seems right on.

All I know is, I'm enjoying the hell out of watching them (and the rest of the team), and anyone who can't see the difference between this year's team and last year's team just isn't paying attention.
    Well, allegedly, they are tanking again, despite the results on the ice

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Well, allegedly, they are tanking again, despite the results on the ice

I know you're being facetious, but I don't think the players, not a single one, ever had anything to do with tanking. That was all on management. The tank was about putting the Charlestown Chiefs out there.

The guys I'm seeing out there now are legit future (and one present) stars.

It's going to take a while for this thing to gel and for all the necessary pieces to be acquired and/or mature, but they're definitely not moving backwards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know you're being facetious, but I don't think the players, not a single one, ever had anything to do with tanking. That was all on management. The tank was about putting the Charlestown Chiefs out there.

The guys I'm seeing out there now are legit future (and one present) stars.

It's going to take a while for this thing to gel and for all the necessary pieces to be acquired and/or mature, but they're definitely not moving backwards.
    I'm certainly not being serious. But because the sabres are at the bottom of the standings, the tim murray obsession club keeps talking about them tanking. Obviously, they are not.

18. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (02-16-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

they are struggling now because they legitimately have a full line of waste in Gionta, Moulson and ennis. whether injured, old or just bad, they aren't there. they are paid to better than they are. but they get upgraded, the sabres have more scoring power at their hands. and the goalie situation needs to be better. lehner is ok, but I don't love him. I don't get the sense on a good team, he'll bail out a team on any given night. he mostly seems to be an average goalie for whom we gave up a first rounder. So improvements are needed, but simple upgrades that are very much available makes next year the year they have to be in the hunt for the 8th seed at the very least.

This year they actually outshoot other teams. this year we don't only face the back upgoalie and still lose. they are3 points out from last year's finish at mid February. If you don't see improvements, you are being intentionally obtuse. and if you think sabres fans are happy with the team as it, you are trolling. it's just nice to see a team on a positive trajectory for a change.

20. Post thanked by:

gebobs (02-17-2016),JATMtheJATM (02-17-2016),WagonCircler (02-17-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I see improvements, the team certainly is more entertaining to watch this season and there is a glimmer of hope for the future, but fighting for last place in 14-15, and fighting for last place in 15-16, is not an upward trajectory.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I see improvements, the team certainly is more entertaining to watch this season and there is a glimmer of hope for the future, but fighting for last place in 14-15, and fighting for last place in 15-16, is not an upward trajectory.
    It's the points that's the most important at this stage.
    Last edited by JATMtheJATM; 02-17-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    It depends how you look at it. The team is still broken, so yes, the W/L situation is bad. But if you look at it as a building endeavor, there's absolutely and upward trajectory. There's a foundation being built around three players with tremendous upside. Players who weren't even here last year.

Last year our best player was Tyler Ennis. That's scary (and not "scary good").

Eichel is the real deal and he shows it every time he takes to the ice. And he's still a teenager. Reinhardt is showing a lot more than most people thought. A twenty goal season for another teenager is no joke. ROR is a beast. Risto is going to be a perennial all star.

Kane will likely end up with 20+ goals.

None of the above could be said about last year's team.

There's more than a glimmer of hope.

24. Post thanked by:

gebobs (02-18-2016),trapezeus (02-18-2016),YardRat (02-17-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    It's the points that's the most important at this stage.
    Points are only significant compared to the rest of the league...54pts/last place, 70pts/last place...it's still last place. Actually, it would be worse this season if it were to happen, because they allegedly aren't tanking.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

last year, yardrat, when they played the 3rd worst team, they weren't even close in the standings. a 5 game win streak can move them close to the playoffs. still a long shot, but last year at this time, it was even possible to imagine that. They could have gone undefeated from February on and barely been in line with other teams.