Thread: Tebow to CFL, maybe??

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Tebow to CFL, maybe??

According to Jim Popp, CEO of the Montreal Alouettes, it comes to Tim Tebow to contact him if he really wants to revive his career by making the jump to the Canadian Football League.

This possibility is back in the news, for the umpteenth time, there is a little more than two weeks when his former coach at the university level, Urban Meyer, said that the CFL would probably be the best alternative for him.

For now, Popp received no news from the clan Tebow and the last communication between the two parties is not new.

"I have no idea if it will come in the CFL. I had no conversation with Tim Tebow or his agent for over a year and a half, "said CEO and coach of the Montreal organization.

Met in the media dinner coaches, Popp was inclined to elaborate on this subject that has attracted attention more than once.

Popp revealed that he had already tried everything to convince the American major personality to try his luck in Montreal.

"In 2014 when we had a 1-7 record, I sat with him. We had a week off and I did come to Charlotte in North Carolina. I also move Tom Higgins (who was the coach) and Ryan Dinwiddie. We met him for five or six hours with his agent. We discussed at length and watched video footage of our games, "revealed the longtime leader.

Tebow showed interest in this venture north of the border even if the proposal came along with the huge contract that was offered to participate in the broadcast American university games.

"It was torn at the idea of coming to the CFL or concentrate on that role. His agent admitted he did not understand why there thinking when there was so much money on the table for television, "added Popp on the player who has failed to establish with the Broncos, jets, Patriots and Eagles.
    This episode of course Tebow proves indeed that the quarterback had at heart to break into professional football. This desire seems even the living and knows which way to go as it materializes.
    "As you can see, Tim wants to play football and had some chances in the NFL. If he wants to play, we hold his rights and he knows it. He will call us if he wants to try his luck, "noted the voluble speaker.

We have already done much to convince him to come with us, "he was careful to add to play his cards.

As Popp said, Tebow would probably not have chosen a better time to land themselves in the city since the team was looking to revive his season.

"It was a very interesting situation because it certainly could embark on the ground pretty quickly. "

Tebow could enjoy some strategies

According to Popp, the qualities of Tebow could allow it to stand out in the realities of football in three tries.

"We can discuss its long passer attributes, but he should come here and we have a good idea of ​​what he can accomplish in our conditions. Certainly, I know we could build some training and games to be effective in Canadian football, "he elaborated.

Popp also believes that adding Tebow could generate profits within the team.

"We know all the comments on his arsenal as a player, but I know he's the kind of person you want in your locker room. It is a leader. He still won a playoff game with the Broncos and he won at the university level, "insisted one that will still be very busy in 2016.

publicity stunts of? Hogwash according Popp

For several years, the Alouettes have developed the tendency to invite in their backyard big names in the NFL to allow them to earn a spot with them.

That said, Popp suffered a ton of criticism for this approach while detractors perceive only a way to gain visibility in the media and fans.

Popp has already defended on the subject, but he wanted to enjoy about Tebow to do it again.

"They criticized me very often for that, but that is rubbish. It is true that Tim is one of the most followed athletes so it's a big media story, but that's not why it appears on our list of the negotiations. We rather think he could help us in certain circumstances ", claimed the man with the gray wig.

Of course, Tebow is only one name on the list. Players like Jesse Palmer, Ahman Green, Quincy Carter, Michael Sam and Chad Johnson have all tried to come to Montreal shine after associations with the NFL.

During his time with the team, Chad has not controversial things. He did not want to be known as Ochocinco. It's just that he did not end his career after being cut in the NFL. I gave him that chance and accepted the minimum wage to get here. He gave a ton of money to charity and was very good in that locker room. He has helped Duron (Carter), but it has been severely criticized as was the case for us, "Popp used as another example.
    "We still think it is a case of advertising, but this is not the case and it never has been," he repeated.
    Popp also defends saying that freelancing very often in the NFL to garnish his team. In fact, a host of players have tried their shot in this circuit and some are known.
    "We invite people we think it can work. Sometimes it runs well and it can also be the opposite, "said the one who wanted to see Ochocinco be used inside from the start

http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes...camp-1.3130774

I had to put up the whole article because I had to translated from french to English.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tebow to CFL, maybe??

It would be a surprise, what with his own foundation, and the work he's doing for Cure International.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CURE_International
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Tebow to CFL, maybe??

He really should have gone that route earlier imho. It would have been good for Canadian Football and it would have been good for Tebow.

4. Post thanked by:

ticatfan (03-18-2016)