• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: do the Sabres buy out Ennis?

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    One of those seasons you counted was only 48 games long (2012-13). And he played in all the games but one that season. I hardly consider that a "full" season. (You must be using Hillary math) So let's not mislead too much here. Until the concussion this year, he's only had one year that injuries were an issue.
    That's fair, I had forgotten about the short season.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
      Geez if you only were fixated on Drouin. There are other possibilities.
      "For someone like Drouin"

idiot.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

I think if ennis was part of a deal, then I wouldn't mind. if it is just to part ways, I wouldn't do it. Moulson is really the odd man out. ennis out performed him, makes less and played like 25% of the season. moulson, you can save money and not worry about missing any upside. he's mostly done. maybe he can resurge on a team like Chicago, but they don't have cap space for him. their superstars are making other better.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Does trading him shift his burden completely off the Sabres books ?
          Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
          I think if ennis was part of a deal, then I wouldn't mind. if it is just to part ways, I wouldn't do it. Moulson is really the odd man out. ennis out performed him, makes less and played like 25% of the season. moulson, you can save money and not worry about missing any upside. he's mostly done. maybe he can resurge on a team like Chicago, but they don't have cap space for him. their superstars are making other better.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            Obviously, moulson is expensive, but man would I love him on the amerks
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

it depends on how trade is structured. If enis is traded, i would susect the trade for ennis is most likely to a team with excess talent and no cap room. they'll send us someone with a large salary piece and then we send them ennis to save face and some early picks or prospects.

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

I know we don't need cap, but another one to consider would be Gorgeous Gorges. We need to upgrade there.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  I know we don't need cap, but another one to consider would be Gorgeous Gorges. We need to upgrade there.
                  How does the timing work? Ideally, since we have the cap, we could make the decision to buy out Ennis and/or Gorges AFTER we see if we can find suitable upgrades in FA.

Personally, though, I don't see the pressing need to buy out either one. Ennis is a top 6 forward but the team did better without him than with him, and Gorges is not going to be part of the future for this team. I'm not gonna be upset if they do leave but I see no reason to force them out the door either.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    How does the timing work? Ideally, since we have the cap, we could make the decision to buy out Ennis and/or Gorges AFTER we see if we can find suitable upgrades in FA.

Personally, though, I don't see the pressing need to buy out either one. Ennis is a top 6 forward but the team did better without him than with him, and Gorges is not going to be part of the future for this team. I'm not gonna be upset if they do leave but I see no reason to force them out the door either.
                    I agree. But between the two of them, Gorges is definitely not worth his salary. It was a salary dump by the Habs and not worth it.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X