Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do the Sabres buy out Ennis?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: do the Sabres buy out Ennis?

it depends on how trade is structured. If enis is traded, i would susect the trade for ennis is most likely to a team with excess talent and no cap room. they'll send us someone with a large salary piece and then we send them ennis to save face and some early picks or prospects.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I know we don't need cap, but another one to consider would be Gorgeous Gorges. We need to upgrade there.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

3. Post thanked by:

coastal (04-13-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    I know we don't need cap, but another one to consider would be Gorgeous Gorges. We need to upgrade there.
    How does the timing work? Ideally, since we have the cap, we could make the decision to buy out Ennis and/or Gorges AFTER we see if we can find suitable upgrades in FA.

Personally, though, I don't see the pressing need to buy out either one. Ennis is a top 6 forward but the team did better without him than with him, and Gorges is not going to be part of the future for this team. I'm not gonna be upset if they do leave but I see no reason to force them out the door either.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    How does the timing work? Ideally, since we have the cap, we could make the decision to buy out Ennis and/or Gorges AFTER we see if we can find suitable upgrades in FA.

Personally, though, I don't see the pressing need to buy out either one. Ennis is a top 6 forward but the team did better without him than with him, and Gorges is not going to be part of the future for this team. I'm not gonna be upset if they do leave but I see no reason to force them out the door either.
    I agree. But between the two of them, Gorges is definitely not worth his salary. It was a salary dump by the Habs and not worth it.

6. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (04-13-2016)