Thread: Canada calling: Former Tiger Boyd plans return to CFL

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,537 Times in 2,764 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Canada calling: Former Tiger Boyd plans return to CFL

Tajh Boyd only has a couple of months left before reporting to the Montreal Alouettes’ training camp, which doesn’t leave him much time to hone his French.

But the former Clemson quarterback already is ahead of the game, because he actually knows what an “alouette” is.

“It’s a bird,” Boyd said. “I don’t know what kind of bird, though.”

He is, however, familiar with the famous French children’s song of the same name.

“When you translate it to English – and this is where it gets kind of tricky – it talks about plucking a bird’s feathers and neck and body parts,” Boyd said. “I don’t know what’s going on with that, but pretty much a bird is getting killed.”

Ironically, Montreal could very well prove to be where Boyd’s football career will find new life.

He was signed by the Canadian Football League franchise last November, and Clemson’s all-time passing leader is looking forward to making his mark with the club.

Boyd, 25, will report to an Alouettes mini-camp in West Palm Beach, Florida, April 27-29, then head to Montreal on May 24 for training camp. The team’s season opener is set for June 30.

Boyd has been training diligently with former Clemson player Joe Don Reames for months.

“He’s been getting me ready and I think I’m very well prepared to go up there and make a statement,” Boyd said. “I’m planning on contributing as much as I can.”

Boyd, who was cut in training camp after being selected by the New York Jets in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft, had a brief stint with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2015 before spending about five weeks on the roster of the CFL’s Winnipeg Blue Bombers last year. He was released last October, then signed a contract with the Alouettes in November.

The team has five other quarterbacks on its roster, which is not uncommon in the CFL, including former Duke standout Anthony Boone, Tennessee product Jonathan Crompton, and former Marshall quarterback Rakeem Cato, who was the team’s leading passer in 2015.More.....

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/stor...-cfl/83238582/
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Canada calling: Former Tiger Boyd plans return to CFL

The summer of 2013 just before Boyds senior season he was projected to be a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rumour is his accuracy is the problem. And on the big field ,that is not good.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    The summer of 2013 just before Boyds senior season he was projected to be a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft
    By the same people who projected that for Brian Brohm and deluded some people around here into thinking the Bills had outfoxed the Packers and the entire NFL by signing him from GB's practice squad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    By the same people who projected that for Brian Brohm and deluded some people around here into thinking the Bills had outfoxed the Packers and the entire NFL by signing him from GB's practice squad.
    Brohm was up here for a couple of yrs but showed very little.