Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bills will not look for a franchise QB

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills will not look for a franchise QB

Quote Originally Posted by mdcas22 View Post
    I'm looking at the fact that we lost 3 1st round picks in Mario Mckelvin and Harvin and even though Mario had a off year or tanked 2015 season we still have to replace them and some how upgrade the weak spots. no way duz a magic wand pass over Buffalo and the talent that was here minus those guys equal upgrade.
    McKelvin is reaching the end of his career and only played in 19 games the past 2 years, and Harvin only played in 5 games for the Bills. Not huge losses. As for Mario, his lack of effort was a drain on the team. He could be addition by subtraction.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The good thing is we'll get to see him play this/another season before committing (or not) big money, unlike the Texans and Osweiler. But I'm going to have to see more than what he showed last year. And to achieve that, I'd scrap the run-first offense, at least for the first quarter of the season, to see what he's got. If he can hack it, great. If not, go back to limiting him and run the ball more, and move on next season.
    Oh I agree, I just don't think it will happen that they'll scrap run-first after paying big for McCoy.

I want a guy who can play 16 games, win games with his arm and will whether or not he's composed and radiating calm, and use the middle of the field and that's my ideal 18 million. I want to think that's their ideal 18 million. Just have no clue if it is. Their ideal 18 million might be a good handoff guy and game manager that can pull one out once in a while with his arm while minimizing mistakes, radiating calm in the huddle.

If he isn't either, won't bother me to move along, I still think he'll unfortunately get hurt anyway. and we'll have to. That's the biggest thing to me, can he not get hurt while growing.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mdcas22 View Post
    I'm looking at the fact that we lost 3 1st round picks in Mario Mckelvin and Harvin and even though Mario had a off year or tanked 2015 season we still have to replace them and some how upgrade the weak spots. no way duz a magic wand pass over Buffalo and the talent that was here minus those guys equal upgrade.
    Good points. With those losses plus the talk about emphasizing a 3 -4 defensive set, I'd think that a big-sized DE has to be in their plans. I'm not quite clear why some folks feel that Dareus can't fill the NT role.

LBs are in the mix, too.

And the never-ending (sigh) hunt for OLs...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

RR may epically suck and the pegulas may have to part ways with him sooner than expected. If the bills could be 3-13 this year, they may get the qb of their choice, and a GM/coach tandem that work together well. But this all factors into account that russ Brandon stops being completely involved in the make up of the team. seeing that he's got a job for life, I suspect we'll go 9-7, promise that next year is the year it gets better, and fire the kicking coach.

5. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-25-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,470 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Like Polian said, stop gap ........til Chad gets here