X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Knowing Rex...

I think his draft will look like this....

19. He'll want Shaq Lawson. Rex is driven by emotion and loyalty. That will lead him to bang the table all day for Lawson who also fits a need and plays for his Clemson team. Lawson can play on and off the line as a pass rusher. His backup plan will be Nkemdiche.

2nd Round - I believe he will stick to Clemson kids and pick Mackensie Alexander. Tough, physical, in your face corner who is described as very confident and excels in press man coverage. That basically describes a Rex Ryan DB. We don't have great depth at CB, Gilmore gets injured every year and he is not extended yet. Makes sense.

Just what I think Rex would do if his word is the final one on draft day...
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Knowing Rex...

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
    I think his draft will look like this....

19. He'll want Shaq Lawson. Rex is driven by emotion and loyalty. That will lead him to bang the table all day for Lawson who also fits a need and plays for his Clemson team. Lawson can play on and off the line as a pass rusher. His backup plan will be Nkemdiche.

2nd Round - I believe he will stick to Clemson kids and pick Mackensie Alexander. Tough, physical, in your face corner who is described as very confident and excels in press man coverage. That basically describes a Rex Ryan DB. We don't have great depth at CB, Gilmore gets injured every year and he is not extended yet. Makes sense.

Just what I think Rex would do if his word is the final one on draft day...
    Clemson proclivities notwithstanding, Lawson would be a nice pick to address their need for a big DE in their contemplated switch to a 3 - 4 set. I'd be surprised if he's there at #19, though.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

After the buffoonery that was the Bills 2015 coaching debacle, I'm hoping that Terry and Kim have told Doug that he picks the players that the Bills will be drafting and that Sexy Rexy will have as little of a say as possible in the process.

I don't think that Lawson will be there at #19, but if he is there he deserves consideration.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

I really like Alexander too. Outside of Ramsey I thought he was the best corner in college football last season. I also don't think he lasts until the Bills 2nd rd. pick.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

Not sure he needs to bang the table for that. One thing though, because Rex's son is on the Clemson team, I'm sure the Bills will get intimate knowledge of each and every Clemson player's intangibles - habits, work ethics etc.

Comment

• Kenny
            • Aug 2004

It'll be interesting to night how far Myles Jack falls. A lot of 'noise' out there that he falls out of the top10

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
              It'll be interesting to night how far Myles Jack falls. A lot of 'noise' out there that he falls out of the top10
              I'm praying he falls to 19. Never gonna happen, but I'm praying for it.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cookie G
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                I read yesterday that the Giants might have taken him off their board.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  I'm praying he falls to 19. Never gonna happen, but I'm praying for it.
                  Would he play this season?

And I don't think he's more of a need than DL.

Nkemdiche/Lawson or Jack?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    Would he play this season?

And I don't think he's more of a need than DL.

Nkemdiche/Lawson or Jack?
                    Wouldn't care.

And Jack by about 10 miles.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                      I read yesterday that the Giants might have taken him off their board.
                      Jack has Schroedinger's Knee. If he is drafted by Buffalo, it is a mass of busted cartilage that will last about 20 games and be destroyed. If he's drafted by anyone after Buffalo, it will last through 10 pro bowl seasons.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        Jack has Schroedinger's Knee. If he is drafted by Buffalo, it is a mass of busted cartilage that will last about 20 games and be destroyed. If he's drafted by anyone after Buffalo, it will last through 10 pro bowl seasons.

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

Lawson gotta be the safest pick for the Bills in recent memory. They really should have all the inside out information on him, plus the tapes. Note that Whaley termed him OLB but I gotta believe he plays on D line in Muhammad Wilkerson's role once he puts some weight on him.

I still believe a starting ILB is a priority.

Comment

Working...
                          X