• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Day two

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
    Predicting Zak Prescott or Kevin Hogan are picked by the Bills in either round 2 or 3 tonight. Beyond this year, we don't know about Taylor.

Don't get caught begging next year, like Denver, the Jets and a couple others this year.
    I agree we need a QB but Prescott/Hogan be major reaches tonight. The only QBs I expect to be taken tonight are Cook, Hackenberg and maybe someone like Cleveland reaches for Cardale Jones in Round 3 since they have three picks.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto View Post
      I can see it being Reed. They loved him and he seemed to love us. That's assuming A'Shawn is gone.
      To me A'shawn best DT left on the board and suspect be gone in first five picks of the round. Reed/Jones/Billings are cloggers and think one maybe two taken before us. Tough call to say who we take but wouldn't shock me if we surprise people and take Hunter Henry if he still on the board when we pick.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Rumor has it that Rex is considering trading up for Jack...I wonder...it's something he'd probably do. But I think they'd like to only use our extra 4th to move up, which means, we'd need him to fall some more. Frankly, I think that's unlikely.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I'm ok with moving up for Jack depending on the cost. I would rather swap 2nd's this year and give up a 3rd next year then lose any picks this year.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

In the second round I could see us going in pretty much any direction.

Maybe Whitehair on the OL if we don't think Miller is more than a career backup. Or if there is still a question about Henderson's health an OT like Coleman, Clark, or Spriggs.

WR is really concerning, if it isn't addressed then we go into the season with Sammy and Woods at 1 and 2, with some guys that were street free agents last year, Dez Lewis, and others I have no idea where they came from. Boyd from Pitt or Thomas from Ohio St. would be immediate helps to Tyrod and the offense.

QB is a possibility today, although guys like Cook, Hack, and Cardale Jones in the second don't excite me.

A true NT would be great in this defense, giving us a really good potential front seven and letting us kick Hughes to rush LB and Lawson opposite him. Both I think their natural positions in this defense, and not DE. Shaq-Billings-Dareus up front with Kyle and Bryant spelling the DEs and maybe a guy like TJ Barnes would round out the line as a backup NT.

At OLB if Spence is around, I think he's the best pure pass rusher in the draft left. Jack is such a question mark, I don't know if he'll be taken first tonight or in the third. The doctors must know something we don't. Cravens from USC and Perry from Ohio St. are in the mix here, too.

I'm not sold that ILB isn't going to be addressed until tomorrow. I think Brown and Brown are going to compliment each other well, and with Ragland slipping I don't think teams put too much of a premium on drafting the position that high.

Safety can wait til the third or later IMO, I want some insurance if A. Williams can't play and I liked the Blandon pick up in FA, but would like better depth since I don't trust Duke, Meeks, and the others if they have to play at all.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Round 3

Charone Peake, WR, Clemson / Kenny Lawler, WR, California / De-Runnya Wilson, WR, Miss. St / Jayron Kearse, S, Clemson / Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor / Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia / Tyler Higbee, TE, Western Kentucky / John Theus, OT, Georgia
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Adrew Billings. Steelers were high on him. Gotta believe Whaley is too (from the same mindset).

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

2nd Jihad Ward

3rd Braxton Miller

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                    Adrew Billings. Steelers were high on him. Gotta believe Whaley is too (from the same mindset).
                    Indeed they were. Here's their fan site - blasting CIN for taking CB Jackson, then astounded at the Artie Burns pick.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                      Indeed they were. Here's their fan site - blasting CIN for taking CB Jackson, then astounded at the Artie Burns pick.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/th....14474/page-18
                      If Lynch were there, I have no doubt he would be the 2nd round pick even though he is rated lower than many other players. Now that Lynch is gone, I think the Bills go immediate help mold and I think Billings would be a day 1 starter as well. Dareus, Billings, (Kyle) Williams. Lawson, Brown, Brown, Hughes will be our starting 7 against Baltimore.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Any of Robinson, Billings or Jack would be great... Even Reed

Comment

• Victor7
                          • Jul 2013

BPA except for RB, TE and CB

All other position come in play.

Comment

• Ed
                            • Sep 2002

Noah Spence is my favorite remaining prospect, but I'm assuming he would play the same position as Shaq or Jerry Hughes, so I don't know that they would even take him if available. If they go DL I think Chris Jones would be my top choice.

If I had to guess though, I would put my money on Cravens being the pick. I could also see them taking WR Michael Thomas.

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

Jason Spriggs
                              Sterling Shepard
                              Cody Whitehair
                              Javon Hargrave

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                                I'm ok with moving up for Jack depending on the cost. I would rather swap 2nd's this year and give up a 3rd next year then lose any picks this year.
                                Ed Werder@Edwerderespn 4h4 hours ago
                                #NFL med source tells me Myles Jack knee more troubling in some ways than Jaylon Smith. While Smith's heals in time, Jack's deteriorates.

Comment

Working...
                                X