• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Trade up in the 2nd

Get Myles Jack.

Rumor is the Bills thought hard about him at 19. Hit the second home run and move up to get him. The issue is the health of that knee. Only the Bills medical staff knows what the true deal is with it. But, if they were actually debating him at 19 it means they feel solid about him playing.

Give up the 2nd 4th rounder to move up 12 or so spots in the 2nd.

Landing Lawson and Jack makes this team unbelievably better. And that extra 4th doesn't compare.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Trade up in the 2nd

In a deep draft with tons of top talent still showing, why gamble on a massive medical question mark ? " My precious ! "

Plus trading up for him is beyond dumb.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
      • Mar 2015

You really have to be sure that that knee is good to go though. Theres a strong chance he could be the first pick of this round though so im not sure what the actual price for us to move up would be, may cost more than a 4th.

Not against it at all, Jack would be a steal on Day 2 but gotta make sure the cost is consistent with the risk

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Too much talent in this draft to take those kind of risks IMO

Comment

• The Jokeman
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Get Myles Jack.

Rumor is the Bills thought hard about him at 19. Hit the second home run and move up to get him. The issue is the health of that knee. Only the Bills medical staff knows what the true deal is with it. But, if they were actually debating him at 19 it means they feel solid about him playing.

Give up the 2nd 4th rounder to move up 12 or so spots in the 2nd.

Landing Lawson and Jack makes this team unbelievably better. And that extra 4th doesn't compare.
          If the microfacture surgery indeed needed then his 2016 season is already done and he likely be less than 100% next year. I can't see moving up to take that risk.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I'd be ok with the move, though I'd rather send picks from next years draft then this.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
              If the microfacture surgery indeed needed then his 2016 season is already done and he likely be less than 100% next year. I can't see moving up to take that risk.
              The move is weighted heavily on his knee situation. If the Bills feel he can play for 3 or 4 years until he needs surgery and at the level that he played in college they should do it.

You're talking about one of the very best players in the draft when healthy. Every pick is a risk. There is no way to truly know whether any of these guys will be good. And the entire draft is about risk management. The risk is mitigated by what the Bills doctors know. We unfortunately do not have the inside scoop on that.

As I said, the risk vs. reward for the Bills is huge. He plays a need position and is one of the best in the draft. If he plays at the same level as in college you are getting a major steal. If his knee won't last for more than a few years you are taking a huge risk and are in win now mode.

Many players have successfully had micro-fracture surgery. Players get injured all the time. Is a guy needing surgery in his first 3 seasons that atypical? In today's injury prone NFL?

It's high risk but potentially high reward. I'd do it.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                • Oct 2002

We'd be moving up almost 20 spots to #32 to get him...I don't think we do that without giving up our 2nd, 3rd, and first 4th.

If he slips to late 30's or early 40's maybe we just give up a 4th.
                Last edited by Scumbag College; 04-29-2016, 08:10 AM.
                Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

I wouldn't draft Jack in any round, let alone trade up for him.

He's gonna play at best 3 seasons, pretty much by his own admission.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

With all the DBs that went day one a lot of DL talent has been left on the board.

Just sit back and wait for a good player at our spot.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

I'd make the move for Jack. If his knee works out he could be a superstar.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I would gamble on Jack before I'd gamble on a QB in round 2.

What are the odds he falls all the way and they don't have to move up??

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          I would gamble on Jack before I'd gamble on a QB in round 2.

What are the odds he falls all the way and they don't have to move up??
                          There's just too many teams that could use a LB like Jack in front of us.

Again, it all hinges on how bad teams feel the knee situation is and we have no insight into the real truth there.

But I think it's highly unlikely that he falls to 49. I'd love it if that happened. I just hope they see the depth of the this draft and how great players are falling... I hope they realize that they can afford a move up and still get solid prospects who could start day one after the 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 4th rounds.

Comment

• Ed
                            Dude
                            • Sep 2002

I think I'd rather use a 4th round pick on Jaylon Smith than trade up for Jack, unless the cost is pretty minimal. I'm also not a fan of trading any of this years picks.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                              The move is weighted heavily on his knee situation. If the Bills feel he can play for 3 or 4 years until he needs surgery and at the level that he played in college they should do it.

You're talking about one of the very best players in the draft when healthy. Every pick is a risk. There is no way to truly know whether any of these guys will be good. And the entire draft is about risk management. The risk is mitigated by what the Bills doctors know. We unfortunately do not have the inside scoop on that.

As I said, the risk vs. reward for the Bills is huge. He plays a need position and is one of the best in the draft. If he plays at the same level as in college you are getting a major steal. If his knee won't last for more than a few years you are taking a huge risk and are in win now mode.

Many players have successfully had micro-fracture surgery. Players get injured all the time. Is a guy needing surgery in his first 3 seasons that atypical? In today's injury prone NFL?

It's high risk but potentially high reward. I'd do it.
                              I guess I don't value LBs as much as to me they are similar to RBs in that they can be found/made later in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X