• Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Jonathan Williams Highlights

• BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Re: Jonathan Williams Highlights

Only reason why he lasted until the 5th round was because he missed the entire 2015 season after he underwent successful foot surgery.

Jonathan Williams, a preseason second-team All-SEC selection who led Arkansas in rushing in 2014, suffered a left foot injury that required surgery and will keep him out for the season.

Check out Jonathan Williams's College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits and More College Stats at Sports-Reference.com

Very talented running back, with very low mileage on his body.

6'0 224 lbs, could be the surprise pick of the entire NFL draft.

Last edited by BillsImpossible; 04-30-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Buddo
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
      Only reason why he lasted until the 5th round was because he missed the entire 2015 season after he underwent successful foot surgery.

Jonathan Williams, a preseason second-team All-SEC selection who led Arkansas in rushing in 2014, suffered a left foot injury that required surgery and will keep him out for the season.

Check out Jonathan Williams's College Stats, School, Draft, Gamelog, Splits and More College Stats at Sports-Reference.com

Very talented running back, with very low mileage on his body.

6'0 224 lbs, could be the surprise pick of the entire NFL draft.

After watching the highlights, you could well be right. Looks to have good balance, and isn't afraid of contact, with decent power, yet still has some 'moves'. Also looked to me as though his vision was pretty decent, as a couple of times when he changed direction completely, he immediately headed off to where there was a gap. Seemed to have decent hands too, although there wasn't much to go on, but you can normally tell if catching comes naturally, on a relatively small sample size.

Unlike others, I've felt all along we needed to add another RB, due to the nature of how heavy a running team we are, and the fact that Karlos has a history with concussions. I like Gilleslee, but this kid could be a very nice compliment to the group. Style wise, you sort of now have Shady and Karlos, with Gilleslee and Jonathon Williams, their respective backups. Quite possibly a very strong group overall - although the jury is obviously out on J Will for the time being.

As with pretty much all of our picks so far, 'value' shouldn't be an issue, the only real arguments being personal preference and position.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

You don't solve injury issues at RB by over-loading the position on the roster. Having said that they'll probably keep 4 active and JW could sit awhile in the wings on the PS.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• jimmifli
          • Nov 2006

Glad to see we're restocking the Williams fridge.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            You don't solve injury issues at RB by over-loading the position on the roster. Having said that they'll probably keep 4 active and JW could sit awhile in the wings on the PS.
            Thurman Thomas just came out and said a lot of things about concussions in the NFL. It gave Rex Ryan a new idea.

No more 20 carries or more per game for a running back. Keep a stable of horses instead of 1 horse, the Bills are going to use multiple backs this season.

10-15 carries per game at most per running back.

Ch ch ch changes, turn and face the strange.

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

Smart ... very smart. .I thought we where over this.

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

Clemson, Bama, Williams... Just need an FSU player for a BINGO.

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Can get rb's as udfa. Ridiculous pick imho.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Phil Savage (ex-GM and head scout, now President of the Senior Bowl) called him the #1 sleeper pick in the draft.

I'll take his opinion over the utterly clueless.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      Phil Savage (ex-GM and head scout, now President of the Senior Bowl) called him the #1 sleeper pick in the draft.

I'll take his opinion over the utterly clueless.
                      So what if he is though behind McCoy and Karlos ?

On Savage, not too sure his recent history with Cleveland and Philly is too sharp, no offense.

Comment

• Turf
                        • Jul 2002

Reminds me of a young Fred Jackson. We had 5 injured RB's last year at the beginning of the season. Carlos has had multiple concussions and injuries and quite frankly won't be in the NFL for long. We hired RB's off the street to play. I don't have a problem with this pick.
                        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mace
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                          Reminds me of a young Fred Jackson. We had 5 injured RB's last year at the beginning of the season. Carlos has had multiple concussions and injuries and quite frankly won't be in the NFL for long. We hired RB's off the street to play. I don't have a problem with this pick.
                          I guess the thing about that that bothers me though, is that Dallas signed Darren McFadden as an FA to replace DeMarco Murray at bargain basement price. McFadden, behind that OL, rolled it up better than McCoy, or Murray who was not running behind that line. Seattle had udfa Thomas Rawls (65 yards behind McCoy) and sitting behind Marshawn Lynch roll it up behind their line. There are backs there, you have to pay attention and find them then plop them behind a line that can elevate them if your line is all that because you built it well. Getting Boom Herron and trying to launch him behind Seantrel Henderson or Jordan Mills isn't really the same thing.

Is the comparison Johnny White 2011 5th round ?

Dunno. I think they really need to pay better attention to available running backs and give them a better line to run behind. If you can't that's a different problem that won't go away with a draft pick.
                          Last edited by Mace; 04-30-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                            • Feb 2009

Jonathon Williams is the 2nd best RB on the team now..
                            Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            Can get rb's as udfa. Ridiculous pick imho.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

The good---runs a little bit like Thurman, though not quite as compact.
                              The bad---he's going to have fumbling issues at the pro level if he doesn't learn how to secure the ball better.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X