• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jonathan Williams Highlights

He gets to the lane fast. If Felton or gronk put it together as fb's eilliams seems to get to second level fast.

I also think with shady getting some injuries and karlos with what seemed like a significant concussion last year, we needed an rb

gillislee and karlos had success getting into a lane fast. Shady had loss of yard plays as he danced around.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      The good---runs a little bit like Thurman, though not quite as compact.
      I noticed the same thing with his running style. He is a little bigger than Thurman, but their running styles are similar.

As trapezeus said below, he gets to the lane fast and doesn't dance around.

Comment

• MillsapsBillsFan
        • Mar 2015

I understand RB's can be had late, but we weren't passing over starters in the 5th round to get him. He was the BPA if there are injury problems he can contribute we don't want to get to the situation we had late last year.

No problems with this pick, probably goes into camp as the 3rd or 4th RB and we'll see what happens from there.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

you probably need to bring a rb in every year just with how brutal the position is.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

His vision is nice, and he has quick feet.

However, if he doesn't learn to carry that ball high and tight he's going to have some serious fumble issues in the NFL.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              you probably need to bring a rb in every year just with how brutal the position is.
              Is prefer bringing in more new OLs than new RBs, or at least equal to.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                Is prefer bringing in more new OLs than new RBs, or at least equal to.
                You can get a good OL who can be a starter for 8-10 years, you likely aren't getting more than 6 out of a RB.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  You can get a good OL who can be a starter for 8-10 years, you likely aren't getting more than 6 out of a RB.
                  When you consider how many roster spots are taken by each, I don't think your metric is correct. Either way I'm just a little surprised we didn't go OL at all this time around.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

However, if he doesn't learn to carry that ball high and tight he's going to have some serious fumble issues in the NFL.
                    thought the same thing

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

I think you can avoid OL. the bills are in an all-in gamble. if TT goes down, they got nothing. if the left side of the line gets injured, they got nothing. they aren't built to be a deep team. they are built to be good enough when healthy. if thye have a lot of injuries, they will crumble fast. and to me, that's worth it because you give rex his chance to show he knows how to manage a team and a game, or you have him fail and fail big. That gets us to a top pick and hopefully a qb that a new coach can work with.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                        • Feb 2006

Whaley has been good with 5th round RB's. I'll take the upside instead of just drafting some random 5th rnd O-linemen who has no chance to be a starter.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                          • Oct 2009

True, ball security is the issue. If he can't hold onto the ball hehas no future in the NFL, no matter how talented a RB.
                          Otherwise its a great pick IMO. He is a three down back and a good blocker (unlike his former running mate Collins). He has quick feet and can make people miss at the second level, runs with very good vision. He was set to dominate the SEC in 2014 before he broke his foot. Right now he is probably the Bills' second best RB. Given how much we run and the number of street free agents we had to play at times last year I have no problem with the allocation of resources from a FO point of view, especially given the value.

Comment

• Victor7
                            • Jul 2013

Its a 5th round pick. Who gives a ****

At best he can be our No. 3 sometimes 2 behind the ever injured Karlos. This of course if he beats out Gillislie who more than earned himself a spot with last season's performance.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

This is what I noticed as well. But he's not the fastest guy on the planet, nor the most powerful. Not sure I see him getting in front of Karlos (assuming he stays healthy) and even Gillislee (that kid can fly) Long/short - I think he sits on PS if he's lucky, but if I had to put money on it, he may not make the team unless they want to carry 4 RBs.

Comment

Working...
                              X