Thread: Bills vs the AFC EAst

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills vs the AFC EAst

I think we gained some ground this weekend. Two defensive players of the year and a DT that will play heavy in the rotation. Williams and Listenbee were good value picks that can contribute.

Miami might have gotten the best player in the draft, then a pretty good CB, a 3rd down back and 3rd rounder Carroo who NFL.com had the same draft grade on as Listenbee.
    Jets got 2 OLBs. I think Lee is over rated. A QB that hasn't put it together on the field yet and a CB that needs a lot of work.
    NE got a nice CB and Guard and a QB with no chance to get on the field.

Thoughts

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills vs the AFC EAst

I think three teams had comparable drafts, the Jets had some better picks in the mid-rounds than they did early IMO. Tunsil washes Lawson for Miami. New England's picks don't impress me one bit, but you don't really have to draft good when you are allowed to consistently cheat.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

3. Post thanked by:

sudzy (04-30-2016),Thurmal (04-30-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills vs the AFC EAst

Well, since you asked, I think the Jets had the best draft. Got a decent CB in the 4th, but Lee and Jenkins the OLB's are going to hurt. See, when Bowles has who he wants, he blitzes. I mean he blitzes, near non stop. When other teams go into the prevent, Bowles is still blitzing. On a kneel down, Bowles is showing blitz. In a typical plodding D, Lee or Jenkins might be meh, with what Bowles likes to do and with the Jets having who they have on D, it could well be scary. Charone Peake in the 7th is notable.

Miami, meh. Tunsil could be the best LT in history, Carroo the second coming of Jerry Rice, and I'm not sure it improves Tannehill any. I think Xavien Howard is a very good cb pickup. On a different team this would have been a very good draft.

New England, well, looks meh to me, but doesn't matter if it is, Belichick uses the meh and they won't be any weaker in the end, they just keep rolling.

Buffalo. Well Lawson was a great pick imho, replaces Mario, he just replaced a guy. Ragland is a huge LB upgrade but we spent a pick to move up and get him, that they probably could have spent on another guy with starter potential, not real sure those two guys alone salvage Ryan's defensive concept so much as keep it sort of alive another year (because they're still learning it see), and the more I think on Adolphus the less I like it. Why take him a round early when you could snatch a Billings ? I'm not convinced Adolphus is even better than Corbin Bryant come to think.

Those are about the only picks that will make a diff this year...so I see the Jets actually improving the most, Miami the least. Might not look like it but somehow New England improved something. The Bills marginally helped something, Lawson won't loaf like Mario, and Ragland becomes their best LB at once but he's only got 2 arms and legs.

5. Post thanked by:

sudzy (04-30-2016),YardRat (04-30-2016)