• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Thread lookback: 2016 draft view

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
    Why stop there. Why not dig up the stats for Bruce Smith and Cornelius Bennet.

I'm looking at what Williams and Bradham did in Rex's scheme because that is the production that the rookies will be replacing.
    And comparing them to two guys who haven't even seen the field yet? Ok. got it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
      Which would put us at 0-18 to 0-19 in playoff appearances.

I LOVE THIS PLAN!!
      I'd stop counting personally. Makes it easier.

That and drinking.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Anyone that wants to justify the play of Mario Williams, Bradham or Brown last year is reaching. Blaming the Rex D or something else doesn't cut it. They didn't hustle and missed a ton of tackles.

I don't expect rookies to be saviors or to elevate the overall level of effectiveness immediately... but many times, it seemed like were were playing with 7-8 guys on the field last year. Rex definitely has to do his part but actual effort as a D unit must improve. Drafting 3 talented guys at the top from winning programs is a good start.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mace
          Haha...yeah you think so ?
          • Mar 2013

Which would put us at 0-18 to 0-19 in playoff appearances.

I LOVE THIS PLAN!!
          Sort of no way around it at this point though, Cookie. We're all in with Ryans.

Comment

• cookie G
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mace View Post
            Sort of no way around it at this point though, Cookie. We're all in with Ryans.
            Maybe we can change the name to the Buffalo Sisyphus

sisyphus-2.jpg

Every time the boulder rolls back down the mountain...yell "SCHEME CHANGE!!"

Actually, that would make a cool helmet logo.

Comment

• cookie G
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I'd stop counting personally. Makes it easier.

That and drinking.
              Maybe instead of helmet decals for good plays, we could put decals on the helmets for each year we miss the playoffs. Maybe little Russ Brandon faces.

We'd look like the Buckeyes by now.

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Maybe we can change the name to the Buffalo Sisyphus

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17714[/ATTACH]

Every time the boulder rolls back down the mountain...yell "SCHEME CHANGE!!"

Actually, that would make a cool helmet logo.
                Probably have to yell "COACH CHANGE" first nowadays. I'm not real sure there are a lot of dynamic, adaptable coaches left these days.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Since DB brought up drinking, I'll give my opinion of this draft with a drinking kind of mind!

I'll give the draft a C+

I think Lawson will have an immediate impact in both pass defense and run defense. Ragland will be an excellent 2 down linebacker. Washington will have marginal impact as a rotational pass rusher.

After that, the rest of the draft is all misses. Jones will never play a down as a Buffalo Bill or anyone else for that matter. Williams, at best, will be a goal line/short yardage back for this team. Like him as a player, don't see the fit here to get his maximum potential out. Listenbee and Seymour won't make the team.

The problem really is that the first two picks are direct replacement players. So Shaq will be compared to how he plays vs Mario. Ragland will be compared to how he plays vs Brandon Spikes. I can see why the team let Mario go, he didn't fit, he pouted, he disappeared at times and had a high cost. But Spikes was cheap, why not just pay him and then use that second rounder to improve elsewhere?

Those two picks are so typical of Buffalo Bills moves. We don't improve, ever. We just make lateral moves. And those lateral moves are a big reason why this team hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in the 21st century. Spoiler alert - they won't sniff the playoffs this year either.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

The problem really is that the first two picks are direct replacement players. So Shaq will be compared to how he plays vs Mario. Ragland will be compared to how he plays vs Brandon Spikes. I can see why the team let Mario go, he didn't fit, he pouted, he disappeared at times and had a high cost. But Spikes was cheap, why not just pay him and then use that second rounder to improve elsewhere?

Those two picks are so typical of Buffalo Bills moves. We don't improve, ever. We just make lateral moves. And those lateral moves are a big reason why this team hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in the 21st century. Spoiler alert - they won't sniff the playoffs this year either.
                    Good post.

An irritant for me was the selection of that RB from Arkansas when OG Christian Westerman was available.

They threw a lot of eggs into the McCoy basket last season, that other Williams had a few moments, and they plucked James Wilder Jr. from CIN's PS a while back (and CIN certainly wanted to retain him). The only rationale I can see, is that they feel that McCoy, entering his 8th season, is approaching his "use by" date...so to speak.

I thought that the DT pick was ok. Fresh legs help and continuing to stock the interior DL pool makes sense. I wish they had the same thought about replenishing the OL prospects. A better thing than carrying an extra kicker for kickoffs in this day where the NFL has crippled that return game for injury reasons.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      Ragland will be compared to how he plays vs Brandon Spikes. I can see why the team let Mario go, he didn't fit, he pouted, he disappeared at times and had a high cost. But Spikes was cheap, why not just pay him and then use that second rounder to improve elsewhere?
                      Spikes has a pending suspension and he wouldn't drop his salary demands last time. I don't know if he's changed his mind, but some players can be deluded about their own value.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                      X