Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report - Manuel Option Not Picked Up ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,414 Times in 1,996 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Report - Manuel Option Not Picked Up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Really? I remember fans and media drooling with Warmack as a OG prospect. Joeckel is a suprise too.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Joeckel I guess isn't that surprising since he's struggled with injuries and has been a big disappointment, but people talked about Warmack like he was the greatest OG prospect ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 621 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    If our defense holds on the last Jags drive, EJ would have led the Bills to the 2nd greatest comeback in their history after being the sole reason for the comeback to be necessary.
    Exactly... This only meltdown of his career was countered by a very nice comeback for the Bills. EJ and the offense actually gained a 4th quarter lead, only to have the D fold with the help of the refs of course.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills Decline to pick up 2017 Manuel option

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    That's Cardale Jones spot in 2017.
    Unplug one heaping pile of crap, plug in another cheaper one.

4. Post thanked by:

Victor7 (05-03-2016),WagonCircler (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    Not surprising... That option year is expensive for a projected back-up. But don't be surprised to see him re-sign for a modest salary in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nuel/#comments

Those stats mentioned actually complete an entire 16 game season... 59.1%, 3,371 yards, 211 yards/game, 19 TD's, 15 INT's, 4 fumbles... Not terrible regardless of the hate.

Go ahead... Flame away.
    At least you recognize that 85% of Bills fans realize that you're full of crap.

And we're waiting for you to remind us that you're not an EJ fan. ROFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess overthrowing that TE by pumping the ball into the PR tent doesn't count against him anymore.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Have your fun swiper... It's easy to be a big shot in make believe land.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You told us you weren't an EJ fan more than once. Yet you have never had anything but good things to say about him. Hmmmm.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because I believe he is what he is... Not some fabricated piece of **** that you insist on making him into. It's almost as though you caught your boyfriend lusting after him.

10. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (05-03-2016)

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Exactly... This only meltdown of his career was countered by a very nice comeback for the Bills. EJ and the offense actually gained a 4th quarter lead, only to have the D fold with the help of the refs of course.
    The defense technically 'gained the 4th quarter lead' after a Corey Graham pick 6. Our defense had given up 7 points up until that last drive not counting the short field EJ gave them after his 2nd INT. The Bills defense basically had a net of -7 on the day, which should have been good enough to win by 20 points. We lost 34-31.

I think EJ gets a bad rap from that game, which is understandable. I just think that he's deserving of the role that he's in today, and I'm fine with him being the backup. Even if his contract wasn't fully guaranteed, I'd have kept him on as a backup instead of signing a guy like Hoyer in free agency.

12. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-03-2016),Yasgur's Farm (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Because I believe he is what he is... Not some fabricated piece of **** that you insist on making him into. It's almost as though you caught your boyfriend lusting after him.

No. I just see what he is. You cannot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

These will be my final comments regarding swiper.

See Jo Fo Sho comments above... Those are clear sighted observations and reasonable comments.

Swiper, on the other hand, wants to make everything into something that it's not. Like diverting to "you're an EJ fan".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yasgur's Farm wrote:

> Those stats mentioned actually complete an entire 16 game season... 59.1%, 3,371 yards, 211 yards/game, 19 TD's, 15 INT's, 4 fumbles... Not terrible regardless of the hate.

I'll grant that on paper, those stats look decent. Not great by any means. Not solid. But decent.

However, there are additional numbers which should also be taken into account. One article I read indicated that over 90% of Manuel's throws were to targets within ten yards of himself. Not ten yards in front of the line of scrimmage. Ten yards or less from wherever Manuel happened to be standing when throwing the ball.

I'm just a random guy. I have no special expertise at the quarterback position. But if I'm throwing the ball around with my friends, I find it ridiculously easy to hit a target ten yards or less from where I'm standing. Lots of other people can do the same. 90% of Manuel's throws were throws you'd expect any middle school quarterback to be able to consistently make.

Back when he was the starter, Manuel had (IIRC) the lowest air yards per attempt of any starting QB in the NFL. Total yards per attempt = air yards per attempt + yards after the catch. Manuel's total yards per attempt looked like it had a hint of credibility. But that was because players like Sammy Watkins and Fred Jackson were doing a good job of generating yards after the catch.

Joe Montana helped his receivers generate good YAC by hitting them in perfect stride. But Manuel's targets were typically stationary. In the (relatively rare) instances when they weren't stationary, they were typically moving vertically. Almost never was he asked to hit targets moving horizontally. Because Manuel didn't do anything to help generate YAC, using stats which credit QBs for YAC yards merely confuses the issue. The correct stat for evaluating Manuel is air yards per attempt. In that stat, his ranking was at the bottom.

Back when Manuel was under center, the Bills' offense was designed to hide their weakness at quarterback. Manuel should have been used to an offense like that, because that was also the offense he ran at FSU.

16. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (05-04-2016),Slick (05-03-2016),swiper (05-03-2016),trapezeus (05-04-2016),WagonCircler (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks for the proclamation there Yasgur. Doesn't make you smart, nor does it take back all the garbage you've spewed regarding Manuel since he's been drafted.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would be elated if not for the fact that Whaley already drafted his replacement in a less accurate (imagine that) bigger version in Cardale Jones.

Now watch us hold on to that bum for 3-4 years minimum.

It seems like we are destined to pay for some guy to pretend to be a quarterback on our roster for as long as DW is our GM.

19. Post thanked by:

swiper (05-03-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't really see the point in arguing about Manuel or Jones. We're going to try and make it to 9-7 on Tyrod Taylor and Ryan's defense somehow dramatically improving. We're not going into the playoffs to contend for a Super Bowl this year. If Taylor goes down, Manuel, Jones, Lynch, Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick, Prescott, or Cook would not be spearheading some miraculous run unless you're too caught up in a daydream.

And next year is another year, there will be more QBs, maybe a shot at The Chad. Maybe Taylor will prove himself. Maybe the defense will improve. Maybe Manuel or Jones will show something. But the D has to improve. Denver just won a Super Bowl with a spent Peyton Manning, because of their D, and just enough O.

The O will not become a 90's Bills blitzkrieg. Hope for the D to improve and figure the QB situation will start sorting itself out.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,559 Times in 17,443 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd still take Warmack right now, in a second.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS