X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills sign OT Cordy Glen to 5 Yr Deal

You seem to be under some delusion that making the Pro Bowl is indicative of how good a player one is.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Fixxxer
      • Jul 2002

One less thing to worry about for the next 4 or 5 years, at least.

Comment

• Buffalogic
        Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
        • Feb 2006

It seems high but when you think about his ability and then factor in his youth and durability it's about right. Bills doing a great job on their own FA's this year.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by jills View Post
          Not once named All-Pro, not even Pro Bowler, and yet he gets the 2nd most in history for a LT?

Overpaying for non-elite talent is a great strategy for stupid whaley
          Please propose your alternate strategy - maybe do one of the things you made fun of Marv Levy for in your dumb (and terribly outdated) avatar? Maybe sign another overpriced average free agent, or just let Cordy walk?

While its a lot of money, he is one of the best young linemen in the league, and we LT is arguably one of the most important positions in football. I dont see how we could let him walk, so this is what it takes. Lets be happy "cheap" Ralph (RIP Ralph!) isnt in charge anymore to let him walk away.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
            • Sep 2003

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Pegula is cheap!
            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Bringing up the probowl lol Glenn is right at or just outside of being a Top 10 tackle in the NFL.. Terron Armstead is close to being a Top 5 LT in the NFL and the Saints gave him a $ 1 million less guaranteed money than what Glenn got.... And what is the point of comparing Glenns deal to elite tackles who signed for extensions one or 2 years ago.. By 2018 26 year old LTs who are bordering on the Top 10 LT level with get $35 million guaranteed

Two left tackles signed five-year extensions with their teams on Tuesday and the numbers for the two deals are in the same neighborhood.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Too rich for me, but what can you do? It's not like that the Bills have a stud Tackle coming up any time soon.

On the Gilmore front, it could be more interesting just for the fact we have Darby who arguably did better than Gilmore's rookie year. If Darby continues the development path, in about 2 to 3 years, he'll be asking big money too.

Comment

• Victor7
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                  Well, I was close on the guaranteed amount. You can still amortize the signing bonus right? The cap hit for the 1st 2 years might not be as bad as it seems, then.

So, its about $12 million a year. There are now 12 OT's getting at least 9 million.

TBH, I'd rather give the extra 3 million a year to him instead of some dime back or a second team LB who fits the scheme.

If nothing else, at least we didn't let him walk and say.."I really like this kid we just signed as an undrafted free agent, we need to see what he can do"
                  Ralph C Wilson Jr does not like your post.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

The name of the game on OL is continuity and this signing gives us this at least.
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

One thing to not forget is timing. If you talk to agents, they will tell you that this kind of timing means the Bills likely had a OL tackle high on their list. Let's say Tunsil fell 5 more spots to 19, Glenn might not see this extension.

Comment

• jills
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MikeInRoch View Post
                        You seem to be under some delusion that making the Pro Bowl is indicative of how good a player one is.
                        You seem to be under some delusion he's some kind of elite talent. They Pro Bowl is a joke and yet he hasn't been named, heck, Taylor was the 234234234 alternate and we have people on this board getting all wet over that.

Can you tell me how many times he has been named All-Pro? You know, the one reserved for truly elite talent, only those guys deserve big contracts. I'll wait for your answer...

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Can you tell me how many times he has been named All-Pro? You know, the one reserved for truly elite talent, only those guys deserve big contracts. I'll wait for your answer...
                          You have no clue how economics work in the NFL in 2016...

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

So this proves that he's not in the top 2 at his position. I don't think there's a single person here that's willing to argue that he is.

If we let Glenn walk, and he were to sign a deal like this with another team, this place would be in uproar that we let another left tackle get away from us.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

You seem to be under some delusion he's some kind of elite talent. They Pro Bowl is a joke and yet he hasn't been named, heck, Taylor was the 234234234 alternate and we have people on this board getting all wet over that.

I don't recall ever seeing Mike use the Pro Bowl to boost Taylor, so that argument is empty.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• casdhf
                                • Jul 2002

The guy from the saints just signed the same deal. I think Cordy is better.
                                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                                X