Thread: Vernon Adams

The Meathead of Muslims! ticatfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,538 Times in 2,765 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Vernon Adams

MONTREAL — Two days after acquiring the negotiating rights to quarterback Vernon Adams, the Montreal Alouettes officially announced Sunday the two sides have agreed on a contract.

Adams, 23, becomes one of the CFL’s brightest young quarterback prospects after a polished college football career at Eastern Washington and Oregon.

The Als acquired Adams on Friday night from the BC Lions in exchange for a 2017 first round draft pick.

A 5-foot-11 native of Pasadena, Calif., Adams was one of college football’s most dynamic dual-threat quarterbacks from 2012 through 2015. After three years with Eastern Washington Eagles, Adams accepted a scholarship offer and transferred to Oregon, where in in 2015 he started 10 games and passed for 2,643 yards with 26 touchdowns and six interceptions.
    He was passed over in last month’s NFL Draft and reportedly participated in separate mini-camps with the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins but was not offered a contract. This week he made headlines north of the border when it was reported by TSN’s Farhan Lalji the Lions and Adams were close to reaching a deal.

Adams joins Rakeem Cato and Brandon Bridge, both 24, as young quarterbacks in the Als’ system. Seventeen-year veteran Kevin Glenn is expected to be the Alouettes’ starting quarterback going into the season.More..
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/05/22/alouett...-vernon-adams/

So what was this guys problem, to short? Giving up a 1st rd pick is risky.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Vernon Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ticatfan View Post
    MONTREAL — Two days after acquiring the negotiating rights to quarterback Vernon Adams, the Montreal Alouettes officially announced Sunday the two sides have agreed on a contract.

Adams, 23, becomes one of the CFL’s brightest young quarterback prospects after a polished college football career at Eastern Washington and Oregon.

The Als acquired Adams on Friday night from the BC Lions in exchange for a 2017 first round draft pick.

A 5-foot-11 native of Pasadena, Calif., Adams was one of college football’s most dynamic dual-threat quarterbacks from 2012 through 2015. After three years with Eastern Washington Eagles, Adams accepted a scholarship offer and transferred to Oregon, where in in 2015 he started 10 games and passed for 2,643 yards with 26 touchdowns and six interceptions.
    He was passed over in last month’s NFL Draft and reportedly participated in separate mini-camps with the Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins but was not offered a contract. This week he made headlines north of the border when it was reported by TSN’s Farhan Lalji the Lions and Adams were close to reaching a deal.

Adams joins Rakeem Cato and Brandon Bridge, both 24, as young quarterbacks in the Als’ system. Seventeen-year veteran Kevin Glenn is expected to be the Alouettes’ starting quarterback going into the season.More..
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/05/22/alouett...-vernon-adams/

So what was this guys problem, to short? Giving up a 1st rd pick is risky.
    Size (not only short but built kind of small, was around 200 lbs) yes, plus he was viewed as a system QB with Oregon.

He's one of those guys though, who plays better than he looks like he should be able to. I'm surprised he didn't at least get more tryouts and NFL looks. He's a competitor.

The Canadian game might really be his cup of tea though, with the different tempo and field size.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...ernon-adams-jr

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profil...ams?id=2555428

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he does well, it's too bad nobody in the NFL gave him a shot. Might be better off in the long run, though, he has a lot better shot at playing time north of the border than down here.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think height is what going against him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I keep threatening to watch CFL football, considering what a cluster**** the Bills and NFL have become maybe this is the year I follow through with it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I keep threatening to watch CFL football, considering what a cluster**** the Bills and NFL have become maybe this is the year I follow through with it.
    Go for it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Should I root for Hamilton?

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Go Argos !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Too late, Aaron Burr won the duel.

10. Post thanked by:

Night Train (05-28-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Of course.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

MONTREAL — Don’t expect any buyer’s remorse from Jim Popp.

The Alouettes general manager paid a hefty price to acquire promising young pivot Vernon Adams, giving up a first round pick to the BC Lions last month. But if early returns are any indication, Popp only feels validated by his gamble.

“Huge upside, huge upside,” Popp said of Adams. “He’s a great person, he’s exciting to be around, he’s got a great personality, the players all like him.”

First round picks are valuable commodities in the CFL and the Als’ head coach and GM knows that trading one isn’t without its risks. Perhaps the only thing more valuable is a capable starting quarterback, something Popp appears to believe he may have for a long time in Adams.More......
    http://www.cfl.ca/2016/06/08/early-r...es-from-adams/

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-08-2016)