Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bills issue new BS press rules

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bills issue new BS press rules

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buff...s-media-policy

Are you looking forward to OTAs kicking off today? Eager to see a Vine of LeSean McCoy doing a ladder drill, or Tyrod Taylor throwing fades in the end zone? Looking for Joe Buscaglia's daily writeup of the players going through the drills?

Sorry, that's not happening this year.

The Buffalo Bills announced a brand new set of media guidelines for the 2016 season, and they'll probably get a note of congratulation from the National Security Administration on their strict policy. Among the new limitations, which affect all media reporting on the Bills:

-They cannot report on who is playing with the first string or the second string
    -They cannot report who is rushing the passer
    -They cannot report if a quarterback is completing his passes or if they are intercepted, or if a receiver catches or drops the ball
    -The media is not allowed to talk with players during or after practice, only during specified "media availability sessions"
    -Photographers are only permitted to take pictures during stretches and individual drills, and they have to do it from a boxed area ten yards away from the field
    -Media are not allowed to stream any parts of practice using applications like Meerkat or Periscope

This is the latest PR-unfriendly move from a franchise that has been embracing secrecy at the expense of the media, and by extension the fans that depend on news reports to give them something to hear and talk about with their favorite players.
    Complete crap.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-24-2016),WagonCircler (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Bills issue new BS press rules

So the only CREDIBLE reports will come from only Rex Ryans mouth. Yippeeee !
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-24-2016 at 09:40 AM.

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-25-2016),Victor7 (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just another embarrassment from the laughingstock of the NFL for the past 20 years. When will the Pegula's finally realize that every single person in the front office needs to go?
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

6. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (05-25-2016),EDS (05-24-2016),Historian (05-25-2016),Ingtar33 (05-25-2016),Slick (05-24-2016),Victor7 (05-24-2016),WagonCircler (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,218 Times in 13,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Brandon and Whaley must be conservatives.

"Noooo we didn't actually suck last year. Our fans just think we did because the biased liberal media won't report on the good games!"

8. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-25-2016),trapezeus (05-25-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mark Ludwiczak ‎@MarkLud12

A QB not named Tyrod Taylor or Cardale Jones just threw a pick-six on his first throw of team work.
    7:55 AM - 24 May 2016

lol!
    "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
    ~ Frank Zappa

10. Post thanked by:

Historian (05-25-2016),Ingtar33 (05-25-2016),k-oneputt (05-24-2016),OpIv37 (05-24-2016),Skooby (05-24-2016),Slick (05-24-2016),swiper (05-24-2016),YardRat (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

A QB whose jersey number is the square root of 25 may or may not have just missed a WR whose name rhymes with fiddle.

12. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (05-24-2016)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Meh.

I mean how much do we really need to hear of Sully stroking his own douchey ego with the barrage of overly negative rhetorical questions?

How different is it really then when they give benign and diversionary answers?

If it gives us a competitive advantage then I'm for it. If it doesn't it just means us rabid fans won't be able to sift through Joe Douchscalia's incorrect assessments anymore.

Hopefully they will just list Tyrod as questionable every week with a "shoulder".

Registered User Scumbag College's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,243 Times in 698 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are the Bills trying to make their fans hate them?
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

15. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Meh.

I mean how much do we really need to hear of Sully stroking his own douchey ego with the barrage of overly negative rhetorical questions?

If it gives us a competitive advantage then I'm for it. If it doesn't it just means us rabid fans won't be able to sift through Joe Douchscalia's incorrect assessments anymore.

Hopefully they will just list Tyrod as questionable every week with a "shoulder".
    I'm not sure how you think this gives us a competitive advantage and nothing in the new rules says Sully can't be negative.

And how different is it? Well on one hand we get several first-hand accounts of practice, who preformed well and who is struggling. Now we get nothing but team speak about awesome we are and how we're Super Bowl bound.

Watch by the end of this OTA's Taylor will have gone a perfect 150 for 150 for 10,000 yards and 70 TD's. With the new rules that report couldn't be disputed.

Also this ends the ability of any fan to report either, so Mikey's annual camp reports are done as well.

17. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Draftboy, you bet me to posting this. It's 2 heads of the coin. As the article alludes to, the NFL in general is coming out with some some stricter generalized rules for these circumstances for all clubs. The advent of social media has teams scurrying around trying to put out fires constantly. Some of them real. Some of them not. So I get the desire to reel in some of the access. But I would certainly agree they seem to have gone full-boat overboard here.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I'm not sure how you think this gives us a competitive advantage and nothing in the new rules says Sully can't be negative.

And how different is it? Well on one hand we get several first-hand accounts of practice, who preformed well and who is struggling. Now we get nothing but team speak about awesome we are and how we're Super Bowl bound.

Watch by the end of this OTA's Taylor will have gone a perfect 150 for 150 for 10,000 yards and 70 TD's. With the new rules that report couldn't be disputed.

Also this ends the ability of any fan to report either, so Mikey's annual camp reports are done as well.
    Heres the word on the thinking by the Bills:

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/statu...46963096731649

"Scott Berchtold says the #Bills don't want play by play or statistical information reported from practice."

Back to the point: If I wanted to be an insider on whats going on I'd start with being a fly on the wall during the draft or during free agency discussions. Personally, I don't care that much about the OTA play by play.

And open practices are still open as well as fan nights. Furthermore, nothing prevents Mikey or anyone else from weighing in on how players are performing; that is speculative opinion and it really always has been. It seems to simply limit the data a bit. But the reporters will still be there and will watch just as much as they did before.

At least that's my read.

Now if they shutdown Mikey I'm burning Orchard Park to the ground. And then the Zone can take up a collection to build a new stadium at the Hammer Lot.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Heres the word on the thinking by the Bills:

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/statu...46963096731649

"Scott Berchtold says the #Bills don't want play by play or statistical information reported from practice."

Back to the point: If I wanted to be an insider on whats going on I'd start with being a fly on the wall during the draft or during free agency discussions. Personally, I don't care that much about the OTA play by play.

And open practices are still open as well as fan nights. Furthermore, nothing prevents Mikey or anyone else from weighing in on how players are performing; that is speculative opinion and it really always has been. It seems to simply limit the data a bit. But the reporters will still be there and will watch just as much as they did before.

At least that's my read.

Now if they shutdown Mikey I'm burning Orchard Park to the ground. And then the Zone can take up a collection to build a new stadium at the Hammer Lot.
    You need to read the whole policy because his reports would certainly qualify as reporting and he would forced to comply with the same limitations that anybody reporting on practice would be.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Don't most NFL teams do this? 27 of 32 NFL teams dont allow it.........the Bills make 28 now. You guys will get bent out of shape over everything I swear.
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon

****ing douchebags.

23. Post thanked by:

coastal (05-24-2016),Historian (05-25-2016),Ingtar33 (05-25-2016),sdbillsfan2 (05-24-2016),Slick (05-24-2016),WagonCircler (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    Doug Whaley and Russ Brandon

****ing douchebags.
    Welcome to the Donald Trump realm.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Meh.

I agree. Who gives a crap - this hyper-microscopic reporting is becoming ridiculous anyways, at least to me. Maybe some of us on here can get a little bit of our lives back rather than focusing on minute details about every single play of these training sessions.

26. Post thanked by:

IlluminatusUIUC (05-24-2016),streetkings01 (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Just one more reason to never watch the NFL again.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Brandon and Whaley must be conservatives.

"Noooo we didn't actually suck last year. Our fans just think we did because the biased liberal media won't report on the good games!"
    they are libs. Everyone get s trophy for showing up.

29. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (05-24-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    they are libs. Everyone get s trophy for showing up.
    Nobody at OBD is getting trophies. But a lot of them are talking out of both sides of their mouths, hence they are Republicans.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Back to topic. Did Sal break the rules with this report?

http://www.wgr550.com/Boykin-Blanton...OTA-n/22753850