Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Whaley started the internet on fire today

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Whaley started the internet on fire today

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    I would have be a meddling owner and promoted from within, Schwartz.
    I wouldn't have traded for a dime a dozen position like Running Back.
    I also wouldn't have given Dareus a boat load of money who has done basically nothing the past 24 games.
    I agree on the first two. I would have kept Darius. Even when the D was good in '13 and '14, it took a huge step back when he didn't play. DT's aren't necessarily going to put up numbers. He attracts attention and takes up space, which freed up guys like Hughes and Mario to do their thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    I feel like better than half the guys on this board could have done a better job as GM of this team over the past 15 years, not joking. I'd have a $10 draft guide and a beer tap in my office and it would be better than it has been.
    Sad but true. I disagreed with TD on Dareus but his plan still likely would have gotten better results than the so-called "experts."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would have be a meddling owner and promoted from within, Schwartz.
    Jim Schwartz is 29-51 (.363) as a head coach. The year after the Lions fired Schwartz, they went 11-5 and made quite a jump.

The Bills reportedly tried to retain him as DC, where he really belongs IMO.

I wouldn't have traded for a dime a dozen position like Running Back.
    Even with the benefit of hindsight, are you REALLY going to suggest that you'd rather have Kiko Alonso on the team instead of LeSean MCoy? The Eagles basically dumped Alonso after one season with that trade to Miami...look what Kiko has done in the meantime. At the time the Bills traded for McCoy, he was 26, and he already was a two-time first-team All Pro running back. Guys like that definitely AREN'T a dime-a-dozen.

I also wouldn't have given Dareus a boat load of money who has done basically nothing the past 24 games.
    The Bills gave Dareus what he cost. He'd just turned 25, and was a first-team ALL Pro that year. He basically did nothing in the later half of the 2014 season? What are you smoking? Again, Dareus made first-team All Pro that year.

So, if you were GM we wouldn't have two of our best players by far, and we would have a head coach with a .363 record. Glad you aren't the GM.
    Last edited by feldspar; 05-27-2016 at 08:58 AM.