Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rob Ryan's problems in New Orleans

Thanks
    Thanked 11,480 Times in 7,096 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rob Ryan's problems in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    You're using one drive which included a phantom call that resulted in a touchdown to claim that the entire defense got owned for an entire game. Your definition of getting owned is trash. The defense gave up 13 points that weren't directly the result of EJ and they had a pick 6.

Bortles is no slouch, the guy threw for 4500 yards and 35 touchdowns, with 300 rushing yards and 2 more TDs. If we had a QB with close to those numbers you wouldn't be talking like that about him.

Did you actually watch any of these games that you're trying to discuss?
    Yes I did. I also know that the jags were horrible . Never stated Bortles was trash but he is a 2nd year qb Rex couldn't close out in crunch time. Phantom call or not, we got beat by a very bad team that the D couldn't finish.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Yes I did. I also know that the jags were horrible . Never stated Bortles was trash but he is a 2nd year qb Rex couldn't close out in crunch time. Phantom call or not, we got beat by a very bad team that the D couldn't finish.
    Using this game to try to show that Rex's defense was bad is such a terrible choice. There are soooo many other examples, and this one actually disputes your point. The defense last season was not good overall, I agree with that. They were not bad during this game, though.

Don't forget that Corey Graham's pick 6 was the reason we took the lead late in the 4th. It was a pretty good play by a defense that played pretty good all day.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Using this game to try to show that Rex's defense was bad is such a terrible choice. There are soooo many other examples, and this one actually disputes your point. The defense last season was not good overall, I agree with that. They were not bad during this game, though.

Don't forget that Corey Graham's pick 6 was the reason we took the lead late in the 4th. It was a pretty good play by a defense that played pretty good all day.
    Here's the NFL official Gamebook:

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamece...C_Gamebook.pdf

Have fun, you two...
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rob's had what, 1 top 15 D in his career (yards, pts, turnovers, or DVOA)? Great job.

The Bills also struggled with getting play-calls in. This should be fun.

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-09-2016)