Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Bills have lost all contact with tackle Seantrel Henderson

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The Bills have lost all contact with tackle Seantrel Henderson

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Should have. This youngster had a serious problem. And having to sport a colostomy bag would depress the most sunny of individuals.
    Yeah, those teddy bears really take away from the negative aspects of a colostomy bag. Poor guy.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Sounds like a lot of agent speak. I am guessing he was not working out with a colostomy bag so he probably has a long wavys to go from a weight and fitness perspective to be in position to see playing time. I do hope he at least recovers to live a normal life.
    I can't even imagine how a guy could process enough calories to maintain an OT physique after having some of his intestines removed. He's almost surely starting on the PUP list.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

3. Post thanked by:

jimmifli (05-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,404 Times in 14,132 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    I can't even imagine how a guy could process enough calories to maintain an OT physique after having some of his intestines removed. He's almost surely starting on the PUP list.
    Report out on B/R that the Bills have concerns about his ability to maintain weight and strength while dealing with this condition. One would think that if they were concerned now, perhaps they should of been talking to him in the off-season while going through the surgeries.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

5. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-31-2016),YardRat (05-31-2016)

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Report out on B/R that the Bills have concerns about his ability to maintain weight and strength while dealing with this condition. One would think that if they were concerned now, perhaps they should of been talking to him in the off-season while going through the surgeries.
    Yeah I'm not sure what happened there. If they planned their offseason expecting Henderson to be available and didn't bother to call him... goddamn.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,867 Times in 2,063 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i'm gonna be a huge conspiracy theorist nut here, and I still kind of believe in Whaley, but....

I lived in Pittsburgh for 6 years, and if there's anything I learned while i was there is that the people there really, REALLY love pittsburgh and never wanna leave.
    the conspiracy nut in me is wondering if whaley is almost trying to get fired so he can go back.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure what happened there. If they planned their offseason expecting Henderson to be available and didn't bother to call him... goddamn.
    The other thing is that it's not as if Crohn's Disease is some rare disease the we don't know the potential negative effects of. Again one would think that since we knew this was Crohn's Disease towards the end of the season, that the team would be more closely monitoring and keeping in touch with him to monitor his weight and strength fluctuations.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,455 Times in 9,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The other thing is that it's not as if Crohn's Disease is some rare disease the we don't know the potential negative effects of. Again one would think that since we knew this was Crohn's Disease towards the end of the season, that the team would be more closely monitoring and keeping in touch with him to monitor his weight and strength fluctuations.
    There's probably something to be said for common decency and concern too. Probably would have been encouraging to him. The teddy bear idea is an immature thought though I absolutely would have brought one and made a joke out of it, which is a personal touch.

I never had a job where my bosses wouldn't have come to show the flag so to speak, if I was going through something like that. If they don't, means you have a crap company. Having been in management, that's how you foster sense of family and tribe, and give support. You don't plop yourself down and hang out there forever, but you show the flag, encourage and offer some semblance of confidence and support to present the idea of security and greater purpose with an organization behind you keeping you in their thoughts.
    Last edited by Mace; 05-31-2016 at 06:04 PM.

11. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (05-31-2016),trapezeus (05-31-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,168 Times in 13,657 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So.... the Bills' staff initially misdiagnosed him, then they failed to keep tabs on his health while he had a condition which kept him out of games last year and could have kept him out of more.

Everyone makes mistakes so maybe the org would get the benefit of the doubt, if everything else wasn't such a **** show. The cheerleaders, Marrone walks, they hire the loudmouth, the defensive regression, the cap situation, inexplicably promoting Brandon over and over again, drafting an injured player with their best pick... and that's to say nothing about all the losing. The only word for it is "incompetence."

13. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (06-01-2016)

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,649 Times in 3,390 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he does well but I wonder how much weight he has lost. I'm guessing quite a bit.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,455 Times in 9,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    So.... the Bills' staff initially misdiagnosed him, then they failed to keep tabs on his health while he had a condition which kept him out of games last year and could have kept him out of more.

Everyone makes mistakes so maybe the org would get the benefit of the doubt, if everything else wasn't such a **** show. The cheerleaders, Marrone walks, they hire the loudmouth, the defensive regression, the cap situation, inexplicably promoting Brandon over and over again, drafting an injured player with their best pick... and that's to say nothing about all the losing. The only word for it is "incompetence."
    I think the thing that disappoints me, Rex or no Rex, is that I thought the Pegulas would bring more of an element of class to the organization. I mean the team might still struggle, but they'd be doing it right across the board, with a sense of personal involvement and touch.

There is just no class to Ryan, and no sense of progressive ownership stamp on the organization. Maybe they're still settling in, I don't know, but it looks like a sloppy disorganized start to me in hiring Ryan and indulging him.

Fine if I'm wrong and they have success this year, , but sad if I'm right if they don't because even my couch potato butt could see it coming.
    Last edited by Mace; 05-31-2016 at 07:32 PM.

16. Post thanked by:

EDS (06-01-2016),OpIv37 (05-31-2016),trapezeus (06-01-2016),YardRat (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well let's move on. As he seems to be cancer to the team. Go to players that want to play.
    ​Ready for March Madness!

18. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think the thing that disappoints me, Rex or no Rex, is that I thought the Pegulas would bring more of an element of class to the organization. I mean the team might still struggle, but they'd be doing it right across the board, with a sense of personal involvement and touch.

There is just no class to Ryan, and no sense of progressive ownership stamp on the organization. Maybe they're still settling in, I don't know, but it looks like a sloppy disorganized start to me in hiring Ryan and indulging him.

Fine if I'm wrong and they have success this year, , but sad if I'm right if they don't because even my couch potato butt could see it coming.
    But that's been the problem with this org for years. The amateur fan boys on sites like this one know more than the people making high 6 or even 7 figures to run the team. It's absurd. They could have handed me the reigns in 2004 and I'm not saying we'd have 3 Super Bowls but I could have gotten this team to the playoffs at least twice. And I don't know **** about this.

20. Post thanked by:

Mace (05-31-2016),trapezeus (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    Well let's move on. As he seems to be cancer to the team. Go to players that want to play.
    What?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and this is the quandary of the 2016 bills. we all love the logo but we all see 4-10 coming and then 2 meaningless wins to vault us from top 5 pick to top 15 pick. and we'll get sold more, "now, its coming together. see how great they played in the last 2 games. year 3 is rex's year. so why should I buy the nfl package for any other reason that I am addict to the logo? this is a very hard team to like and its very hard to see them being successful.

even the optimists among us have like 5-7 bullet points that need to happen to make the playoffs and that looks like a pretty ideal (all the stars aligned type event) and that still just gets us in the playoffs. we won't really be a threat to do anything.

23. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    and this is the quandary of the 2016 bills. we all love the logo but we all see 4-10 coming and then 2 meaningless wins to vault us from top 5 pick to top 15 pick. and we'll get sold more, "now, its coming together. see how great they played in the last 2 games. year 3 is rex's year. so why should I buy the nfl package for any other reason that I am addict to the logo? this is a very hard team to like and its very hard to see them being successful.

even the optimists among us have like 5-7 bullet points that need to happen to make the playoffs and that looks like a pretty ideal (all the stars aligned type event) and that still just gets us in the playoffs. we won't really be a threat to do anything.
    And that's been the problem with this team for so many years. We go into the season with seven or eight question marks, and the only way we are going to win is if we bat 1.000. If even one of them doesn't go our way, then the team loses.

Look at last year. Tyrod was a huge question mark, and while he wasn't spectacular, he gave us the best season a QB has had here since Bledsoe's first year. That question mark worked out in our favor, but so many other things went wrong that we lost anyway.

The chances of everything going right are slim to none. That's true for every team- the difference is that the good teams don't have as many question marks as we do.

25. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-07-2016),Skooby (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

exactly, and the bills took a fairly deep defense and stripped it and left more holes than additions. how many more random jet guys do we need? you have to build the depth for the system you run, and they had the depth for the pettine/Schwartz d and then took a HC who didn't care and had a pass to not care.

and on offense, they still don't have the depth. the WR situation is not good at this point. it looked pretty good last year, but looks like mostly journeymen being relied on as starters. the OL is still not deep. and the qb position is what it is.

you have to keep ej due to his contract, but they didn't get a better back up to help the season if TT goes down. if he gets injured early with 2+ weeks of injury time, this team will fall apart in a hurry. and there are no real leaders showing up and saying, " we can do this." if there is any adversity early, this team will fold.

27. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-01-2016),OpIv37 (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    And that's been the problem with this team for so many years. We go into the season with seven or eight question marks, and the only way we are going to win is if we bat 1.000. If even one of them doesn't go our way, then the team loses.

Look at last year. Tyrod was a huge question mark, and while he wasn't spectacular, he gave us the best season a QB has had here since Bledsoe's first year. That question mark worked out in our favor, but so many other things went wrong that we lost anyway.

The chances of everything going right are slim to none. That's true for every team- the difference is that the good teams don't have as many question marks as we do.
    We had some defensive injuries and Mario mailed it in, otherwise we could of made some noise. Getting things right on both sides of the ball would of helped, the Broncos had a great D & a serviceable QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What?
    In conflict between player and organization the fan must always side with the laundry and vilify the player.

30. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Huh?