Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodak tweet thread

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Rodak tweet thread

Pretty good stuff, since there's no one else .....

https://twitter.com/mikerodak?lang=en

2. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rodak tweet thread

No return timetable for Sammy, hopes to get boot off soon.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rex Ryan says he "can't stomach" another year like what his defense experienced last season.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,288 Times in 13,721 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Rex Ryan says he "can't stomach" another year like what his defense experienced last season.
    Then he better buy a couple cases of Pepto to get through the season. He added no new talent on D. Literally nothing with the exception of Shaq Lawson, who is going to miss a good chunk of the season.

6. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (06-01-2016)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Then he better buy a couple cases of Pepto to get through the season. He added no new talent on D. Literally nothing with the exception of Shaq Lawson, who is going to miss a good chunk of the season.

Immodium might be more like it....
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We brought in the best MLB in the draft as well.

9. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

when he can't stomach it, he usually gets lap band surgery. I just hate how predictable this season will be.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You keep forgetting Ragland or leaving him out on purpose. I can't imagine why you'd leave him out on purpose, he's the best LB prospect we've had here in years.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You keep forgetting Ragland or leaving him out on purpose. I can't imagine why you'd leave him out on purpose, he's the best LB prospect we've had here in years.
    You really think a 2nd round LB is enough talent to fix the issues with this D? Come on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You really think a 2nd round LB is enough talent to fix the issues with this D? Come on.
    To fix it ? No, I don't know it gets "fixed". To improve it and make an impact, yes. Ragland was chosen in the 2nd but he's a 1st round talent. He's better than Brown or Bradham. So that means they definitely added something more than Lawson to the D.

"Fixing" the issues is an entirely different story, but we flatly added more talent in Ragland which isn't "literally nothing".

I know you're cranky about it all, and I have my own issues with the defense and draft order, but you can't ignore the addition of Ragland, who adds something at once to the talent level.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,441 Times in 14,158 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    To fix it ? No, I don't know it gets "fixed". To improve it and make an impact, yes. Ragland was chosen in the 2nd but he's a 1st round talent. He's better than Brown or Bradham. So that means they definitely added something more than Lawson to the D.

"Fixing" the issues is an entirely different story, but we flatly added more talent in Ragland which isn't "literally nothing".

I know you're cranky about it all, and I have my own issues with the defense and draft order, but you can't ignore the addition of Ragland, who adds something at once to the talent level.
    I don't know that he's a better player than Brown or Bradham but he's most certainly different. Brown is a good pass coverage LB with sideline to sideline speed, he fits perfectly next to Ragland in this defensive scheme. Bradham was a really good 43 OLB who doesn't fit a 34 based scheme at all. Similarly to how Ragland would be a bad fit in a 43 scheme at MLB. Ragland is a 1st and 2nd down thumper who you hope you can find a way to keep on the field for 3rd downs. Brown and Bradham are three down LB's at their positions.

Ragland has the potential to be better than both of them, but he's not there quite yet.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I thought ragland's speed could be an issue. I'm excited to see him and I hope he's ready to go, but I sense he could get the old eddie robinson shake in a key moment and we'll turn on him. or he'll just be awful in coverage over the middle that turns short catches into long gains.

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A couple of thoughts on this thread. First, no one knows at this point how many games Shaq will miss. Second, Adolphus Washington was a pretty good defensive pick, too.

Just to dispel some of the usual negativity here.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,895 Times in 4,355 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post
    A couple of thoughts on this thread. First, no one knows at this point how many games Shaq will miss. Second, Adolphus Washington was a pretty good defensive pick, too.

The Bills are going to rely on 3 rookies to improve the defense. I feel so much better now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers View Post

It's not negativity. It's reality. Mario, Bradham and McKelvin are gone. The only talent added to a D that struggled last year and lost 3 major contributors were rookies. The best one is going to miss all of preseason and at least the first month of the regular season, and missing the practice and conditioning time will likely limit his effectiveness.

Do you really think Ragland, Washington, and Lawson coming off an injury can fix all that? I suppose it's not impossible, but it sure as hell isn't likely. It's the same old story as every other season since this site has existed:

IF Lawson doesn't miss too many games AND
    IF the team doesn't dig themselves into a huge hole before he comes back AND
    IF he can be effective after missing practice and conditioning time AND
    IF Ragland can be effective as a rookie AND
    IF Washington can be effective as a rookie AND
    IF the D improves in the 2nd year in Rex's system AND
    IF no starters miss significant time due to injury,
    then the D will be fine.

Nothing negative there- it's simple reality. And realistically some of those "if's" will happen. But it's unrealistic to expect enough of them to happen to fix the cluster**** of a D we fielded last year.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, when you say things like this:

He added no new talent on D. Literally nothing with the exception of Shaq Lawson
    You either don't know what the word literally means or you're asking for someone to argue with.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Well, when you say things like this:

You either don't know what the word literally means or you're asking for someone to argue with.
    Ok, it was an exaggeration. But we only added rookies and depth to a unit that struggled tremendously last year. It's not nearly enough of a talent influx.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ok, it was an exaggeration. But we only added rookies and depth to a unit that struggled tremendously last year. It's not nearly enough of a talent influx.
    You're probably right, but you can't be certain. That's what makes us turn on the TV on Sunday afternoons.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I had reservation about last year's D would be better argument: coaching staff (wholesale) change, D scheme change. And we saw from Pettine to Schwartz how it impacted players' performance etc. We know Mario, Nigel, Brown are better fit for 4-3 than 3-4.

Rex's D relies more on scheme than individual talent (except outside DBs). Overall, I have the feeling that you will see an improvement of D performance this year just because they have adjusted personnel and players getting all the small details right in the 2nd year. Mind you it happened in Pittsburgh too when Tomlin took over.

If you ask me, the bright spot last year is Tyrod Taylor, not that he's the 2nd coming of something special; it's been so long that we in Buffalo see a competent QB. My opinion hasn't changed: defense, RB, WR etc. can all fluctuate in performance year to year, but steady QB is hard to come by in NFL. To me Tyrod's play this year is still going to be the deciding factor. He does not need to be star, just need to be steady, maintaining the level he had last year. It's easier said than done though -- teams are surely studies him more and ready to attack his weakness.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    I don't know that he's a better player than Brown or Bradham but he's most certainly different. Brown is a good pass coverage LB with sideline to sideline speed, he fits perfectly next to Ragland in this defensive scheme. Bradham was a really good 43 OLB who doesn't fit a 34 based scheme at all. Similarly to how Ragland would be a bad fit in a 43 scheme at MLB. Ragland is a 1st and 2nd down thumper who you hope you can find a way to keep on the field for 3rd downs. Brown and Bradham are three down LB's at their positions.

Ragland has the potential to be better than both of them, but he's not there quite yet.
    I really think (sure it's not proven yet), Ragland will be fine for 3 downs, don't think the Bills would have taken him if they didn't (not that that says much more than they'll bend over backwards to try letting him be one), but I also think Ragland brings a blitzing dimension (flexibility), he can take on linemen. I never really saw that from Bradham (always saw Bradham as a pursuit lb with middling coverage ability).

I was never really sold on Bradham, think he's a generic JAG who isn't so hard to replace in any scheme. I do like Brown, but at this point I don't think he's proven he's not a JAG mlb. I think Ragland is more than a JAG out of the package.

It's all conjecture at this point, sure, and he's really not a better player than anyone, because he hasn't played yet, but I really believe we added talent to the position with how Ryan is fixed on using it even if it's just taking some of the pressure of Brown and replacing the miscast Bradham.