Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: IMO - Bills will bring Fitzpatrick back

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: IMO - Bills will bring Fitzpatrick back

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Jesus Christ that would take a lot of time to figure out.

But it's not really about me. Clearly, what the team did didn't work and we are still paying the price for it.
    Well, clearly you think that there was an alternative plan as to what the team should have done at the QB position. A different more successful course of events with more effectual decision making...

What is it? I'd like to hear what they should have done, even with the benefit of hindsight. Start with the 2013 offseason until now.

If you can't come up with anything, I'll figure you're *****ing just to *****. Just blindly and unthinkingly lashing out...if you think they did the wrong thing, then it would logically follow that you would have some kind of an idea what the right thing should have been, no? This ain't rocket science. And with the benefit of hindsight, this should be pretty easy, I would think.

I'll wait right here...
    Last edited by feldspar; 06-03-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Well, clearly you think that there was an alternative plan as to what the team should have done at the QB position. A different more successful course of events with more effectual decision making...

What is it? I'd like to hear what they should have done, even with the benefit of hindsight. Start with the 2013 offseason until now.

If you can't come up with anything, I'll figure you're *****ing just to *****. Just blindly and unthinkingly lashing out...if you think they did the wrong thing, then it would logically follow that you would have some kind of an idea what the right thing should have been, no? This ain't rocket science. And with the benefit of hindsight, this should be pretty easy, I would think.

I'll wait right here...
    So, the FO ****s up and sticks us with a bad QB for four years, and you're making it about me. I'm not the reason we're losing. I'm not the reason why we don't have the cap to ditch EJ or why we have him in the first place.

I must have missed the line in the TOS that says "no matter how much the team loses, you may not criticize the FO without analyzing every move they made over the last 3 years and explaining what you would have done differently."

Here's a thought: instead of criticizing me for not appeasing you with some drawn out history of what the Bills should have done differently, you criticize the FO for getting it wrong yet again? This is a hobby for me. For them, it's their careers. It's practically their lives. You should be demanding better from them, not me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, the FO ****s up and sticks us with a bad QB for four years, and you're making it about me. I'm not the reason we're losing. I'm not the reason why we don't have the cap to ditch EJ or why we have him in the first place.

I must have missed the line in the TOS that says "no matter how much the team loses, you may not criticize the FO without analyzing every move they made over the last 3 years and explaining what you would have done differently."

Here's a thought: instead of criticizing me for not appeasing you with some drawn out history of what the Bills should have done differently, you criticize the FO for getting it wrong yet again? This is a hobby for me. For them, it's their careers. It's practically their lives. You should be demanding better from them, not me.
    You never have gotten the basic concept of a message board, old pal...or so it seems to me. I would think its's self-evident, but I guess I'll have to explain it to you like you are a child.

This is a message board. Your opinions ARE about you. My opinions are about me. We are having a conversation amongst people. If I wanted cold, hard facts I'll do some math or consult a computer.

Now, you say that IN YOUR OPINION that you think the Bills ****ed up the QB position. The premise was that the topic of conversation started with drafting EJ Manuel in 2013. Right so far? Stay with me...

OK. So I submit to you that even if the Bills do not currently have a sure-fire long-term answer at QB, that doesn't mean that they necessarily ****ed up. At the current time, they made the right moves based on what was realistically available to the in the market. That's my opinion. My opinion is about me. Are you starting to catch on?

So then I ask you to elaborate on your opinion, but you seem to have no answer...so you get defensive and backtrack as though your opinion has nothing to do with anything. And here comes the kicker...you do this even though the entire conversation has to do with opinion.

To be even more clear about the difference between fact and opinion???bear with me! we are almost there:

FACT: the Bills QB situation is still up in the air...at least that's the closest thing we can come to a fact
    OPINION: if the QB situation is not resolved, then the Bills must have ****ed up

See, I don't agree with that opinion, and I already told you why. Then you stonewall the whole conversation.

If you don't want to talk about your opinions, then I don't understand why you would even bother starting conversations here. You don't really want to say anything.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You never have gotten the basic concept of a message board, old pal...or so it seems to me. I would think its's self-evident, but I guess I'll have to explain it to you like you are a child.

This is a message board. Your opinions ARE about you. My opinions are about me. We are having a conversation amongst people. If I wanted cold, hard facts I'll do some math or consult a computer.

Now, you say that IN YOUR OPINION that you think the Bills ****ed up the QB position. The premise was that the topic of conversation was to start with drafting EJ Manuel in 2013. Right so far? Stay with me...

OK. So I submit to you that even if the Bills do not currently have a sure-fire long-term answer at QB, that doesn't mean that they necessarily ****ed up. At the current time, they made the right moves based on what was realistically available to the in the market. That's my opinion. My opinion is about me. Are you starting to catch on?

So then I ask you to elaborate on your opinion, but you seem to have no answer...so you get defensive and backtrack as though your opinion has nothing to do with anything. And here comes the kicker...you do this even though the entire conversation has to do with opinion. Your opinion and my opinion...that's how people talk to one another quite frequently, especially in a debate. I gotta spell that out for you?

To be even more clear about the difference between fact and opinion???bear with me! we are almost there:

FACT: the Bills QB situation is still up in the air...at least that's the closest thing we can come to a fact
    OPINION: if the QB situation is not resolved, then the Bills must have ****ed up in the past three or four years (forget about beyond that, as it's not part of the topic)

See, I don't agree with that opinion, and I already told you why. Then you stonewall the whole conversation. I think you can't support your opinion and need to fall back on "the Bills are a bad organization" tag line, which has absolutely zero substance in the context of the conversation. "It's not my fault?" Really? You're really going to say THAT? Who even suggested it was your fault?

If you don't want to talk about your opinions, then I don't understand why you would even bother starting conversations here. You don't really want to say anything.
    Last edited by feldspar; 06-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the bills knew buddy screwed them into taking a qb because of the whole phone call issue. they had to part with fitz in a weak class. had they acknowledged that ej might not be that good and stuck to their spot at 9, they could have taken bridgewater or carr, who look a lot better the next year. and still saved face by saying, "we don't have a bonafide starter. and until someone shows themselves, we will keep taking qbs. and even when get one, we will continue to develop the position"

Thanks
    Thanked 30,557 Times in 17,441 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would take Fitz back in a heartbeat to back up Tyrod, but not for the amount of money he's looking for...no way, even if we did have the cap room to manage it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

BillsImpossible (06-03-2016),Historian (06-07-2016),Skooby (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'll wait right here...
    Well despite the fact you are not the most adroit clown in the litter,

The could have just kept Fitzpatrick, signed Marshall and Decker and save all those picks lost on Watkins by taking Bradham instead. Boom. Geniuses they would have been.

Couple that with the defense they HAD in place and add the McCoy move would have already had them in the play-offs.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    the bills knew buddy screwed them into taking a qb because of the whole phone call issue. they had to part with fitz in a weak class. had they acknowledged that ej might not be that good and stuck to their spot at 9, they could have taken bridgewater or carr, who look a lot better the next year. and still saved face by saying, "we don't have a bonafide starter. and until someone shows themselves, we will keep taking qbs. and even when get one, we will continue to develop the position"
    It would have made more sense to have fired Nix the day the phone call was revealed, kept Fitz another year & drafted Bridgewater or Carr the next year. It wasn't a secret that EJ's QB class was one of the worst ever.

10. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (06-04-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    It would have made more sense to have fired Nix the day the phone call was revealed, kept Fitz another year & drafted Bridgewater or Carr the next year. It wasn't a secret that EJ's QB class was one of the worst ever.
    Carr would have fit Marrone, but not Roman, and Bridgewater wasn't even as good as Taylor.

The same people who want the Bills to roll the dice on QB's, are upset when they do, ala Manuel and Jones.

I'm not sorry to keep bringing up the same point, 47 QB's have been drafted since 2013 (Manuel's year), at this point 5 of them are starters with varying levels of promise as yet still being varying levels of promise, with a combined record of 44-73 with one winning season among them all. They aren't lighting up the league all over the place.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    The phone call never forced anyone's hand.

The Bills wanted to keep Fitz. They wanted to draft a QB and have him learn behind Fitz. Fitz wasn't on board...look what he's doing now with the Jets. That he'll probably get away with that tells you about the state of QBs in this league and how hard they are to get.

Anyway, since we didn't retain Fitz, we got Kolb instead. Kolb was supposed to start the year EJ did. The mistake was forcing a QB pick in that draft, but it happens all the time. At least we traded down and got value for the pick and did not stick with EJ for long...remember he was supposed to be the backup that year. Didn't last long the next...

EJ was just a blip on the radar...he didn't really cost us too much in time, money, or even draft picks. I still like the kid and will root for him if Tyrod goes down.

Seriously, though, I'd rather have Tyrod than Bridgewater right now...we'll see about Carr. I think I like Carr better than Bridgewater.
    Last edited by feldspar; 06-03-2016 at 05:37 PM.

13. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We talk about each others train on thought. What you post here gets to be talked about. Its not about you personally but what you put out here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    That's not happening. No way they pay him.
    How about Nick Foles ? He is on his way out in LA. I'd rather have him backing up then putting EJ in there.
    Would be great pick up...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Way to dodge everything I said.

Forget about what actually happened. Are you complaining that the Bills got lucky or something? lOL, you HAVE to get lucky to get a quality QB, and I don't care WHO you are. Luck is a huge element in that.

Talk about clairvoyance. We Now have the benefit of hindsight. Say the Bills didn't pick EJ at all, and you were in charge of the entire team. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE TO GET A QB from the 2013 offseason until now? Gimme something, because now you have the benefit of hindsight. Seriously, I'd like to know. I'm not trying to come across as hostile.
    In hindsight, what should the Bills have done to get a QB, from 2013 until now? That's an easy question! :)

In 2014, the Raiders used a second round pick on QB Derek Carr. Carr struggled as a rookie. But Car's drives amounted to about 4,000 passing yards during his second year. Also during that second year (2015 season), he averaged 7.0 yards per pass attempt, while throwing 32 TDs to just 13 INTs. His play in 2015 was good enough he was named an alternate to the Pro Bowl. After just two years in the league, he's thrown 53 TD passes. In NFL history, only Dan Marino threw more than 53 TD passes during his first two seasons.

The Bills should have drafted Carr during the late first round of the 2014 draft. That could have been accomplished by trading down from their spot in the first, or by trading up from their spot in the second.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Arm of Harm View Post
    The Bills should have drafted Carr during the late first round of the 2014 draft. That could have been accomplished by trading down from their spot in the first, or by trading up from their spot in the second.
    47 QB's have been drafted since 2013 (Manuel's year), at this point 5 of them are starters with varying levels of promise as yet still being varying levels of promise, with a combined record of 44-73 with one winning season among them all.
    Wasn't Carr, he's 10-22. Maybe next year ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Wasn't Carr, he's 10-22. Maybe next year ?
    The Raiders went 3-13 during Carr's rookie year, and 7-9 in his second season. They're on the cusp of achieving a winning record, but came up just a little bit short in 2015. My guess is that the Raiders will have a winning season in 2016, but we'll see.

19. Post thanked by:

swiper (06-04-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Arm of Harm View Post
    The Raiders went 3-13 during Carr's rookie year, and 7-9 in his second season. They're on the cusp of achieving a winning record, but came up just a little bit short in 2015. My guess is that the Raiders will have a winning season in 2016, but we'll see.
    Carr clearly showing the development that Whaley tried to convince Bills fans that Manuel would show.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now, you say that IN YOUR OPINION that you think the Bills ****ed up the QB position. The premise was that the topic of conversation started with drafting EJ Manuel in 2013. Right so far? Stay with me...

So then I ask you to elaborate on your opinion, but you seem to have no answer...so you get defensive and backtrack as though your opinion has nothing to do with anything. And here comes the kicker...you do this even though the entire conversation has to do with opinion.

OPINION: if the QB situation is not resolved, then the Bills must have ****ed up

See, I don't agree with that opinion, and I already told you why. Then you stonewall the whole conversation.

My opinion is that we ****ed up the QB position, and given that EJ is our only option as a back up right now, it's really not much of a stretch. It doesn't require me to go back 3 years, see who was available via the draft, consider what was known about those players 3 years ago vs now, and come up with an alternative plan just to appease you. EJ is our only option and he's proven that he's not good enough. The FO got it wrong.

Your opinion is that they took the only options available at that time. I disagree because first of all, many other teams have better QB situations than us. Granted, not all of the options those teams had were available to us, but it's hard to keep buying this "they did the best they could at the time" crap when other teams are constantly doing so much better than us. Second, "they did the best they could at the time" removes all accountability. "The Bills don't really suck- they just didn't have good options." Come on, really? As usual around here, nobody sucks. We don't have bad management or lack talented players- it's just bad circumstances!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

My opinion is that we ****ed up the QB position, and given that EJ is our only option as a back up right now, it's really not much of a stretch. It doesn't require me to go back 3 years, see who was available via the draft, consider what was known about those players 3 years ago vs now, and come up with an alternative plan just to appease you. EJ is our only option and he's proven that he's not good enough. The FO got it wrong.

Your opinion is that they took the only options available at that time. I disagree because first of all, many other teams have better QB situations than us. Granted, not all of the options those teams had were available to us, but it's hard to keep buying this "they did the best they could at the time" crap when other teams are constantly doing so much better than us. Second, "they did the best they could at the time" removes all accountability. "The Bills don't really suck- they just didn't have good options." Come on, really? As usual around here, nobody sucks. We don't have bad management or lack talented players- it's just bad circumstances!
    If TT lights it up this season, then what's your next area of concern ?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Backup QB.

24. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-05-2016),Skooby (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    If Tyrod goes down, we have no chance to win. Zero. Every team suffers if they lose their starting QB for any significant time, but the better teams have a back up that can at least hold down the fort for a game or two during a short term injury. We don't even have that.

26. Post thanked by:

k-oneputt (06-06-2016),Skooby (06-05-2016)