Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whaley is feeling the heat

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Whaley is feeling the heat

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I gave you two more links from beat sportswriters with sources than you came up with.
    Neither of them prove anything, though.

Whaley - "Here's a list of coaches I think we could hire. It includes Bevell, Gase, Quinn, Reich, Shanahan, Shurmur, Jackson, Ryan, Kyle Shanahan, Schwartz, Roman, and Austin."

Pegula - "We're hiring Ryan."

Newspaper headline - WHALEY INFLUENCES PEGULA TO HIRE REX

See how that proves/means nothing?

Flaw in your theory, is that they didn't hire a czar and trusted Whaley after all, and there he was during the whole thing, evidently impressing them enough to extend him so they felt they needed no czar. I doubt he did that by being excluded, and I can't imagine why you would.
    The fact that they couldn't convince Polian to come on board does not automatically mean they now trust Whaley more. It only shows that at one point, they sure as hell didn't trust him enough to run the team.

Maybe they trust him now more because he was against the Ryan hire and he's being proven right.

What were the terms of his extension? Anyone know? Maybe it's a team friendly extension that has protections if they don't make the playoffs. Just a theory, though. Rarely do teams like to let their coach/GM work on a 1 year deal. Extending them provides insurance on the chance that the Bills have a successful year and Whaley holds them ransom for a ton of money to stay. That's just business.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,568 Times in 17,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I can forgive Whaley for whiffing on EJ.
    I can forgive Whaley for possibly 'over-paying' for Watkins.
    I still have to work on getting to a place where I can forgive Whaley for the drunken spending spree on shiny toys last off-season.
    I can never forgive him if he was influential in bringing Wrecks on board.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stay down Fo, I'm up 4 beat writers to 0, and concentrate on the other thread.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm up 4 beat writers to 0
    We're all tied up, then.

5. Post thanked by:

Boomstick (06-19-2016),Mace (06-13-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,915 Times in 5,307 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Joe fo blow pwnage... lulz.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Joe fo blow pwnage... lulz.
    The name change was actually pretty clever considering the source.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sdbillsfan2 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ej-manuel-pick

EJ ,plus 2 first rd picks for Sammy and now their first rd pick this yr needs surgery and hasn't played a down has made me see all I need to see. His words "qb purgatory" and cash strapped to upgrade. Not to mention that he and Russ were key in the Rex hire. He deserves all the heat coming his way.

A bird told me the Sammy trade was mostly Russ Brandon pulling the strings. EJ is a def black eye though technically a Buddy regime pick

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I can forgive Whaley for whiffing on EJ.
    I can forgive Whaley for possibly 'over-paying' for Watkins.
    I still have to work on getting to a place where I can forgive Whaley for the drunken spending spree on shiny toys last off-season.
    I can never forgive him if he was influential in bringing Wrecks on board.
    Again as it pertains to Whaley I keep hearing how he doesnt always make the calls himself.... McCoy, Watkins, Lawson.... I wonder what the hell the Bills are doing

10. Post thanked by:

Mace (06-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    A bird told me the Sammy trade was mostly Russ Brandon pulling the strings. EJ is a def black eye though technically a Buddy regime pick
    You need to shout this a little louder for all the people here that insist that Russ Brandon "is only on the business & marketing side of things now. LOL. Don't you know he thinks he's John Sheurholz?

12. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-23-2016),Slick (06-19-2016),trapezeus (06-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,889 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We were told Russ just handle the business side and Whaley handled the football side. If this bird is right and the story Brandon was a driving force in the Rex hire is true. Then, this team is a bigger train wreck then I figured. The head ticket salesman is still calling the shots.

14. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-23-2016),Slick (06-19-2016),WagonCircler (06-23-2016)

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    We were told Russ just handle the business side and Whaley handled the football side. If this bird is right and the story Brandon was a driving force in the Rex hire is true. Then, this team is a bigger train wreck then I figured. The head ticket salesman is still calling the shots.
    No offense sudz, but Carucci, Wawrow, Graham and Rodak as previously quoted, add a little meat to the bird. Fo Sho might think it doesn't prove anything with his plethora of sources that he can't find, but it's kind of peculiar when 4 beat writers say something but that proves less than well, no sources whatever.

16. Post thanked by:

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,307 Times in 15,454 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A bird told me the Sammy trade was mostly Russ Brandon pulling the strings.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If Doug Whaley is such a pansy that he let that situation happen, then he is even more useless than I thought, and that's saying something.

You can't get lower than my opinion of Russ F Brandon.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sudzy View Post
    If this is true, this team is hopeless. Forever.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    If this is true, this team is hopeless. Forever.
    Yup. Brandon should NEVER have been involved in football or roster decisions. Ever. But he was, and is. And BIG decisions - like this Ryan debacle.

Let's jump forward to the end of the season - if the Bills post a losing season, and Whaley and Ryan are given the axe, but Brandon sticks around like a stubborn case of the clap, then it will be the start of another cycle of Bills mediocrity, because Brandon has been a weak link in the chain for years.

I also worry with Brandon given a high position with the Sabres - I hope he doesn't start "suggesting" his way around GMTM in the front office, or the Sabres' careful and meticulously planned rebuild will end up on the rocks too.
    Last edited by Cleve; 06-23-2016 at 08:47 AM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

21. Post thanked by:

Slick (06-23-2016)

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve View Post
    Yup. Brandon should NEVER have been involved in football or roster decisions. Ever. But he was, and is. And BIG decisions - like this Ryan debacle.

Let's jump forward to the end of the season - if the Bills post a losing season, and Whaley and Ryan are given the axe, but Brandon sticks around like a stubborn case of the clap, then it will be the start of another cycle of Bills mediocrity, because Brandon has been a weak link in the chain for years.

I also worry with Brandon given a high position with the Sabres - I hope he doesn't start "suggesting" his way around GMTM in the front office, or the Sabres' careful and meticulously planned rebuild will end up on the rocks too.
    I will leave the meticulously planned rebuild comment alone other than to say that is a beautifully political way to spin intentionally tanking for 3 years. Whatever.

Rex will not be fired after this season no matter what the teams record is this year. He would need to be caught masturbating in his office to photos of Kim's feet by Pegula himself in order for that to happen.

Rex is on a 5 year contract.

He will have 3 years remaining after this year.

Rex and Doug Whaley both report directly to the Pegulas. That is a dysfunctional management organization chart. Rex should have reported to the GM like the vast vast majority of NFL teams.

When the season is over, Rex will point to Doug as the reason he failed this year. He wasn't given the players he needed (a NT for example).

Pegula will fire Doug and hire a GM that Rex approves of.

After another 2 more years of failure after this upcoming season, Rex will be fired with only one year left on his contract and the new GM will also possibly be fired as well. The Pegulas will bring in a NFL Executive/Guru type who will have the GM report to him and hopefully allow that GM to hire his HC. That is what should have happened from the start.

The Pegulas made their money through fracking. In other words, legalized raping of the land. It does not take people skills to succeed in that business. You need to be at the right place at the right time to keep acquiring land rights off the momentum you established when fracking was just becoming a big thing. They are not smart people despite their success.

23. Post thanked by:

Slick (06-23-2016)

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    The Pegulas made their money through fracking. In other words, legalized raping of the land. It does not take people skills to succeed in that business. You need to be at the right place at the right time to keep acquiring land rights off the momentum you established when fracking was just becoming a big thing. They are not smart people despite their success.
    Well, if you say they made their money through fracking, may I direct you to this?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrau...ing_by_country

Canadian interests have been fracking when Pegula was but a young pup...

Why not direct your anger against Ottawa or Alberta?
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 06-23-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Well, if you say they made their money through fracking, may I direct you to this?:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrau...ing_by_country

Canadian interests have been fracking when Pegula was but a young pup...

Why not direct your anger against Ottawa or Alberta?
    Not interested in taking this thread in that direction. I never said there was no fracking in Canada.

Thank you nonetheless.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    I

Rex will not be fired after this season no matter what the teams record is this year...

When the season is over, Rex will point to Doug as the reason he failed this year...

Pegula will fire Doug and hire a GM that Rex approves of...

After another 2 more years of failure after this upcoming season, Rex will be fired with only one year left on his contract and the new GM will also possibly be fired as well. The Pegulas will bring in a NFL Executive/Guru type who will have the GM report to him and hopefully allow that GM to hire his HC. That is what should have happened from the start...

Well, it looks as though there is no reason for me to watch the Bills for another few years then.

The book is already written...

But what's going to happen in 2019, though? I'm on the edge of my seat...

SpikedLemonade

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Well, it looks as though there is no reason for me to watch the Bills for another few years then.

The book is already written...

But what's going to happen in 2019, though? I'm on the edge of my seat...
    Nah, I don't want to cause you stress by you actually thinking.

Just ignore my posts and continue on your merry happy little way towards just being happy there still is a team in Buffalo.

Winning professional sports championships is for other much better cities and fan bases like Cleveland.

Just enjoy the ride that will soon approach 20 years.
    Last edited by Haile SpikedLemonade; 06-23-2016 at 11:33 AM.