Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The dog ate my homework and I'm reporting overweight because.....

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The dog ate my homework and I'm reporting overweight because.....

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    You told me what the Bills are required to provide. That says nothing about quality, the extent they are utilized by the team, how much the players know about what's available, etc. You assumed that they were sufficient just because they exist. Given this team's history, that is not a safe assumption.
    Have you seen their weight room? I have, and it's flipping exquisite.

And sure, I think a NATA certified trainer and a licensed nutritionist are of good quality. Are you going to argue that the certification/licensing agencies don't have strict enough standards?

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Is this a serious statement? I can't believe this would be a serious statement.
    Huh? The NFL is an entertainment business. Any vestige of winning for the sake of, has been buried years and years ago by profits, influence of pols and construction interests, and folks attending and gladly feeding the beast with their ducats. Cripes - Violence around NFL games, people standing all game long in the stands and shouting to break decibel records, attacking folks with other jersey colors, and so on.

I don't really blame the owners - they are cashing in on today's culture.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 06-16-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

3. Post thanked by:

Historian (06-17-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

feld, we sign cordy and incognito. one was fairly average, and the other is long in the tooth. they played well and they deserved what they got. however, it is a brutal place to be in the trenches. you need to have the depth to plug and play as guys need a week or two to heal from injuries. or worse have a capable backup play the whole year. we are thin. we had a good year last year in terms of lack on injuries. we have felton who costs a lot and was almost never in a position to make a block.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Have you seen their weight room? I have, and it's flipping exquisite.

And sure, I think a NATA certified trainer and a licensed nutritionist are of good quality. Are you going to argue that the certification/licensing agencies don't have strict enough standards?
    A weight room in Buffalo means nothing in the off season since the overwhelming majority of the players don't live there. And there are lots of people who are licensed and/or certified that aren't good at their jobs. And even if they are good, they still have to be available and the players need to be aware of the services they provide.

Who knows? Maybe they have the best training and nutrition program in the NFL. From the outside we have no way of knowing. But given all the other things they've ****ed up, it's not safe to assume they got this one right.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who knows? Maybe they have the best training and nutrition program in the NFL. From the outside we have no way of knowing. But given all the other things they've ****ed up, it's not safe to assume they got this one right.
    You are absolutely not worthwhile to have a conversation about the Bills with, Opie.

And you also have no clue as to why that is.

Have a good time.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    You are absolutely not worthwhile to have a conversation about the Bills with, Opie.

And you also have no clue as to why that is.

Have a good time.
    Hmm. You disagree with somebody who in your mind doesn't agree with your view, so you spout a personal attack?

Opi offers opinions here. I like 'em, I disagree with them time to time. BFD. It's what a fan site is about. Got it?
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 06-16-2016 at 01:14 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-16-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Hmm. You disagree with somebody who in your mind doesn't agree with your view, so you spout a personal attack?

Opi offers opinions here. I like 'em, I disagree with them time to time. BFD. It's what a fan site is about. Got it?
    Yeah, I'm set straight alright.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't care if you are "set straight" or not.

What I do care about is keeping some level of geniality on this site. Taking snide shots at posters via the keyboard and an internet connection makes me think of the scum that keys other people's cars in the dark of night.

Wise up and appreciate that you are welcomed in participating in a community. And act accordingly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What I do care about is keeping some level of geniality on this site. Taking snide shots at posters via the keyboard and an internet connection makes me think of the scum that keys other people's cars in the dark of night.

Wise up and appreciate that you are welcomed in participating in a community. And act accordingly.
    I do act accordingly, old pal.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,905 Times in 2,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A weight room in Buffalo means nothing in the off season since the overwhelming majority of the players don't live there. And there are lots of people who are licensed and/or certified that aren't good at their jobs. And even if they are good, they still have to be available and the players need to be aware of the services they provide.

so the vast majority of the Bills players show up not fat and in shape and it's because the bills organization is horrible is why one (I repeat one) of their players shows up fat.

you see that you are stretching to the realm of ridiculousness, right?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
    so the vast majority of the Bills players show up not fat and in shape and it's because the bills organization is horrible is why one (I repeat one) of their players shows up fat.

you see that you are stretching to the realm of ridiculousness, right?
    But wait a second- a minute ago, Karlos Williams was responsible for staying in shape on his own. So, when players are in shape, the team gets credit, but when players aren't in shape, it's the player's fault and the team doesn't bear any responsibility. Which is it?

And once again, I never said that Williams wasn't in shape because of the organization. I simply said that it's not safe to assume this organization has a good training and nutrition program.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do act accordingly, old pal.

If you mean insulting posters, making allegations, personal attacks, flinging denigrations - indeed, you act accordingly, according to your own lights.

You would be well-advised to revise your lights. Football comments are welcome.

Yer Old Pal says come back to the community. If you persist to stomp on olive branches, you are not going to come to a good end. As you imply, I'm old - and I've seen a whole lot of stuff.

I don't want to read about you in the papers. Come back and be with your friends. You matter - at least to me. Bank on that.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 06-16-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you mean insulting posters, making allegations, personal attacks, flinging denigrations - indeed, you act accordingly, according to your own lights.

You would be well-advised to revise your lights. Football comments are welcome - stop your trying to puff yourself up and your posits by flinging rocks at others.

Yer Old Pal says come back to the community. If you persist to stomp on olive branches, you are not going to come to a good end. As you imply, I'm old - and I've seen a whole lot of stuff.

I don't want to read about you in the papers. Come back and be with your friends. You matter - at least to me. Bank on that.
    I'm not very cordial to the willfully ignorant, old chum.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I always knew that would happen one day. While I have no gripes with the other teams, women are the way to go imho. Congratulations !

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,330 Times in 15,468 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Huh? The NFL is an entertainment business. Any vestige of winning for the sake of, has been buried years and years ago by profits, influence of pols and construction interests, and folks attending and gladly feeding the beast with their ducats. Cripes - Violence around NFL games, people standing all game long in the stands and shouting to break decibel records, attacking folks with other jersey colors, and so on.

I agree wholeheartedly.

There's one thing that bothers me about the Karlos situation though.

He was a real surprise last year. Picked up the program like a real pro, and ran his ass off.

Now if that's me, I say to myself...."Hey, if I drop another 10-12 pounds, or convert some fat to muscle...nobody is going to be able to stop me."

This guy kind of did the opposite. He put on weight without really thinking about it, until it was too late.

For once I thought this team had caught a break. You know, diamond in the rough?

Then again, I thought that about Kiko too.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,586 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Spiked is talking about his geniality being itchy and scratchy in the weather thread.
    Last edited by YardRat; 06-17-2016 at 04:43 AM.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 30,586 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I always knew that would happen one day. While I have no gripes with the other teams, women are the way to go imho. Congratulations !
    He's going to be set back to gay sometime in late November/early December when the Bills lose their ninth game and he has to change his avatar for a week.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, yeah. This seems like common sense.

I don't see how it means that there's not a single action that the Bills have made since 2000 that can be defended. That statement is still ridiculous.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I guess the only way to find out if the Bills are in the right/wrong here is to interview every trainer, nutrionist, coach, and player to see the exact situation the team and players are in when it comes to how a backup running back can possibly get fat during the offseason.

You're being stubborn. Stubby McStub.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 574 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OpIv37 reaching in ways not though possible to find something to complain about from OBD

I'm certainly not one to give the team any leeway or benefit of the doubt but even I see the massive stretch here with OpIv37 trying to assess blame (even if minuscule) to the team for one guy showing out of shape.

This is 100% on Karlos and his lack of commitment to staying in shape.