The dog ate my homework and I'm reporting overweight because.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: The dog ate my homework and I'm reporting overweight because.....

He's 23 YO, he can lose that weight in 4 weeks max with proper diet & exercise. I lost dozens of pounds in that time without professional help and a similar weight (~double his age). The concussion events worry me more than him being chubby, it's a career ender.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      He's 23 YO, he can lose that weight in 4 weeks max with proper diet & exercise. I lost dozens of pounds in that time without professional help and a similar weight (~double his age). The concussion events worry me more than him being chubby, it's a career ender.
      First, the lack of accountability within this organization is the issue here, not how quickly he can lose the weight.

Second, the article says Rex pulled him off the field and put him on a stationary bike to sweat off the pounds, which means he's missing practice time.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

This happens to someone every year for every team. If he's fat in August we have a problem on our hands. There is just nothing else to overreact about, so here we are.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
          This happens to someone every year for every team. If he's fat in August we have a problem on our hands. There is just nothing else to overreact about, so here we are.
          People try to stay in shape but fail every year for every team.

This is the first case I'm aware of where a player didn't even try and openly admitted it.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            First, the lack of accountability within this organization is the issue here, not how quickly he can lose the weight.
            Should we release him?

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

From Boomer & Carton this morning. Karlos Williams is just 23 and having his 4th child!

Travis Henry is that you?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                Making Spirits Bright
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                From Boomer & Carton this morning. Karlos Williams is just 23 and having his 4th child!

Travis Henry is that you?
                He's probably just Catholic.

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  He's probably just Catholic.
                  Having children out of wedlock, I doubt so.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

how many articles that highlight potential risks do we have to dismiss until we can say, "wow, it looks like 2016 is going to look about the same as 2015?" for the people who don't want discussions on message board and want us to all sit back and relax that our first rounder is out, our lead back has not participated, our back up TD running back is out of shape, our two backups can't make passes without pads on, our coach thinks his idiot brother will make it better first." But its june, no one is allowed to comment.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      how many articles that highlight potential risks do we have to dismiss until we can say, "wow, it looks like 2016 is going to look about the same as 2015?" for the people who don't want discussions on message board and want us to all sit back and relax that our first rounder is out, our lead back has not participated, our back up TD running back is out of shape, our two backups can't make passes without pads on, our coach thinks his idiot brother will make it better first." But its june, no one is allowed to comment.
                      That's about right. Not too much to look forward to at this point.

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

the lack of accountability within this organization is the issue here...
                        No it isn't.

The issue here is that Karlos Williams is being a dumbass...AGAIN. Read his draft profile here:

"'Explosive Rushes' (15-plus yards) fell off substantially in 2014. Gained additional weight preseason, which appears to have slowed him. Lost starting job to freshman."

"He seemed almost content to lose his job in 2014..."

Latest on RB Karlos Williams including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

The guy only actually played RB in college for two years, and he showed up overweight between those two years.

The issue here is personal discipline, which is reflected already in the same way in his brief history. Discipline issues should come as no shock for a guy that was expecting his 4th child at age 22. Maybe he "didn't even try" birth control.

If Papa can't play as well as others, you bet there will be consequences for him. The Bills have the depth at RB for some serous competition as it is.
                        Last edited by feldspar; 06-15-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          No it isn't.

The issue here is that Karlos Williams is being a dumbass...AGAIN. Read his draft profile here:

"'Explosive Rushes' (15-plus yards) fell off substantially in 2014. Gained additional weight preseason, which appears to have slowed him. Lost starting job to freshman."

"He seemed almost content to lose his job in 2014..."

Latest on RB Karlos Williams including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

The guy only actually played RB in college for two years, and he showed up overweight between those two years.

The issue here is personal discipline, which is reflected already in the same way in his brief history. Discipline issues should come as no shock for a guy that was expecting his 4th child at age 22. Maybe he "didn't even try" birth control.

If Papa can't play as well as others, you bet there will be consequences for him. The Bills have the depth at RB for some serous competition as it is.
                          Well, the people that drafted a guy with discipline issues will not be held accountable for making that draft choice.

The coaches will not be held accountable for not trying to motivate a guy with known discipline issues.

And Karlos will only be held accountable if our depth at RB proves to be as good as it looks on paper (and if we are that talented, the same thing would have happened even without the weight issue).
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Well, the people that drafted a guy with discipline issues will not be held accountable for making that draft choice.

The coaches will not be held accountable for not trying to motivate a guy with known discipline issues.

And Karlos will only be held accountable if our depth at RB proves to be as good as it looks on paper (and if we are that talented, the same thing would have happened even without the weight issue).
                            It's nice that you are right no matter what. You get some new information, twist your story around, and are still right all along somehow.

Who is going to hold YOU accountable for being a jerkoff like that?

Karlos Williams was a 5th round pick. You take risks on guys picked in that area. I would not call him a bad pick just yet...would you? If he wants to show up overweight, that's on him and him alone. Nobody in the Bills organization is responsible for that. How were they supposed to stop him?

Besides all that, the guy has about 3 months to work that off.

So, Karlos Williams shows up overweight...who is to be held accountable for that and how exactly, in your estimation?
                            Last edited by feldspar; 06-15-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

agreed, its not a terrible pick at 5, and his stats through one year were pretty good, though he was slowed by injuries.

the bills still had to pick another back, and they saw gillisee do just as well. so if the bills had a view that their offense could be plug and play with any rb but aided by 1 superstar runningback, why waste a pick at all on an RB? and then why do it again in the following draft?

ultimately, to me, it looks like the bills simply have no view on how they want to build their team. they just put out fires as they come up and when they don't, we have a guy named Leon Joe as a starting LB.

I would rather have a FO that had a specific view, failed, and then left than having this lack of vision, pick random players in draft, aid it with additional free agent pick ups and then start all over when that didn't work. that is what is so unaccountable for Brandon and his minions. they just do whatever, and Brandon will sell anyone of them down the river to keep his gig. but tell me more about how he's just a marketing guy. he's the Kaiser soze at this point. No one believes he does as much damage as he does.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                                • Feb 2006

Some players show up fat and out of shape to minicamp all over the NFL. This is not isolated to the bills.

Comment

Working...
                                X