Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 positives of this Bills team

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 5 positives of this Bills team

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    He commented on something he thought was a positive- I stated why I disagreed. So yeah, it's on topic.
    "Don't make this about me!!!!"

It is a positive when someone understands a system better in their 2nd year . Did I say it will guarantee more wins? NO! But if you can't grasp what it is 1st year vs 2nd year, you should really refund your college tuition.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    "Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills" what else is there to say in comparison to 2015? The offense was a better unit that the D last year.

Would you rather I say," yippeee another new system to learn all over again. We should get better learning another new system"?

Oh, wait I remember you crying that we got rid of Pettine after just one year because we had to learn a new system.

Do you ever get tired of arguing and *****ing about yourself?
    Keeping a coordinator is better than losing one so I guess I can see how it counts as a positive. Still, I don't see it being enough of a positive to lead to more wins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"Don't make this about me!!!!"

It is a positive when someone understands a system better in their 2nd year . Did I say it will guarantee more wins? NO! But if you can't grasp what it is 1st year vs 2nd year, you should really refund your college tuition.
    So, basically your positive is "at least that ****ty thing that happened to our D last year didn't happen to our O this year." Wow, aren't we lucky. Yeah 2nd year may be better than first year, but being better than last year and being good aren't necessarily the same thing. You yourself stopped short of saying it will lead to more wins.

Well, if it doesn't lead to more wins, who gives a ****?

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1. We haven't lost any games in 2016
    2. Taylor should be better
    3. D added good players
    4. Depth looks good at most positions
    5. Message board rants about everything Bills don't mean anything to the team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Keeping a coordinator is better than losing one so I guess I can see how it counts as a positive. Still, I don't see it being enough of a positive to lead to more wins.
    I never claimed it would guarantee more wins. Continuity leads to better understanding compared to our D thats was confused last year under Rex.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So, basically your positive is "at least that ****ty thing that happened to our D last year didn't happen to our O this year." Wow, aren't we lucky. Yeah 2nd year may be better than first year, but being better than last year and being good aren't necessarily the same thing. You yourself stopped short of saying it will lead to more wins.

Well, if it doesn't lead to more wins, who gives a ****?
    Believe it or not the facts are there. Our O got better than the year before and our D got worse with boths units having new coches and systems.

Who cares? The thread starter. I justvrelied to his thread. You obviyosly give a crap because youre "going out of your way" to reply I mean ***** about what I replied to and continuously " making this about me".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Believe it or not the facts are there. Our O got better than the year before and our D got worse with boths units having new coches and systems.

Who cares? The thread starter. I justvrelied to his thread. You obviyosly give a crap because youre "going out of your way" to reply I mean ***** about what I replied to and continuously " making this about me".
    This has nothing to do with me.

Our O got better last year because we added talent, namely Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Karlos Williams and Incognito. Even Percy Harvin had a couple of good games. This year, we added no one to the O- just some depth.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This has nothing to do with me.

Our O got better last year because we added talent, namely Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Karlos Williams and Incognito. Even Percy Harvin had a couple of good games. This year, we added no one to the O- just some depth.
    Comon sense states continuity will help. Are you too "daft " to understand that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Comon sense states continuity will help. Are you too "daft " to understand that?
    Just like it's helped soooooooo many times in the past.....

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

-Tyrod Taylor shows some healthy promise. Please oh treacherous Fates promise he'll stay healthy.
    -Greg Roman's running game work. I get the idea he's a stabilizing presence on the high end of the coaching staff as well.
    -Left side of the offensive line, and they kept both of them !
    -Personnel upgrade. I can't wait to see Ragland, Shaq when he's healed (I think he'll make people forget the injury down the road), Kolby Listenbee was an excellent catch, I like having Cardale patiently on the pines to see what happens with him, I'm warming up to Kevin Seymour. I'm seeing Adolphus differently after thinking about Night Train pointing out he's not a 2-gap NT, but brings a rushing element. I like the DB depth they brought in with Anderson & Blanton, Douzable, Worthy & Zach Brown were solid depth pickups to compete for roster spots, and Striker could well surprise people.
    - Kim Pegula

I can even give 5 more.

- Colton Schmidt
    - Rob Ryan. I know that sounds stupid because I don't even like him, but I think adding him here somehow gives Rex's defense the best shot at success it can have.
    - Dezmin Lewis seems to be stepping up, and oh wouldn't a 6'4" receiving target be nice in the red zone ?
    - FO work. This might seem stupid too, but they impressed me with how they made the most of a bad cap situation, and pulled in quite a few value vet-minimum guys to fill out the roster.
    - The Buffalo Bills are safe and secure as the BUFFALO Bills in the hands of an owner who seems delighted to have them.

11. Post thanked by:

feldspar (06-19-2016),Night Train (06-18-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"Name 5 positive aspects about the 2016 Buffalo Bills" what else is there to say in comparison to 2015? The offense was a better unit that the D last year.

Would you rather I say," yippeee another new system to learn all over again. We should get better learning another new system"?

Oh, wait I remember you crying that we got rid of Pettine after just one year because we had to learn a new system.

Do you ever get tired of arguing and *****ing about yourself?
    Why bother?

Opie is clearly incapable of saying anything positive or expressing optimism about any aspect of the team (however minute) that he calls himself a fan of, even when promoted to try. He fancies himself a logical Mr. Spock...all you get are empty robotic responses, 78,000 of them. I guess opinions going forward are illogical or something to him.

"The Bills are a bad organization." That's it.

I wonder why anybody would even spend so much time thinking about this team with that attitude. I mean, do those kind of people even plan to enjoy themselves during football season? I plan on having a good time and being entertained for the most part, personally. That's gotta be my #1 positive. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't bother to watch the games or follow the team probably. I can't understand why anyone ever would.
    Last edited by feldspar; 06-19-2016 at 12:21 PM.

13. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (06-20-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,391 Times in 7,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not going to go out of my way to look for positives just like I don't go out of my way to look for negatives.

What a crock of ****.

15. Post thanked by:

feldspar (06-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

1) Josh Rosen in 2017 is still a possibility.
    2) Rex is reportedly on the hot seat.
    3) Pegula learned/eventually gave GMTM full control over the Sabres roster.
    4) Tyrod can be a nice bargaining chip before we start our next rebuild.
    5) There is a small chance Russ Brandon will be so busy running the business of both teams that he eventually gets his nose out of football operations and dedicates more time to his family.
    Last edited by Mouldsie; 06-19-2016 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Why bother?

Opie is clearly incapable of saying anything positive or expressing optimism about any aspect of the team (however minute) that he calls himself a fan of, even when promoted to try. He fancies himself a logical Mr. Spock...all you get are empty robotic responses, 78,000 of them. I guess opinions going forward are illogical or something to him.

"The Bills are a bad organization." That's it.

I wonder why anybody would even spend so much time thinking about this team with that attitude. I mean, do those kind of people even plan to enjoy themselves during football season? I plan on having a good time and being entertained for the most part, personally. That's gotta be my #1 positive. If that weren't the case, I wouldn't bother to watch the games or follow the team probably. I can't understand why anyone ever would.
    I go into the football season intending to enjoy it. But hey, we don't always get what we want. Sometimes it rains on the picnic, sometimes your friend gets drunk and ruins what started as a fun night out, sometimes the movie or tv show you are watching sucks, sometimes (usually for us) your football team sucks. Just because something is supposed to be fun doesn't mean it will be. You can sift through the shot and try to find a few positives, but why? It doesn't change the outcome. At the end of the day, we lose more than we win and our guys are playing golf while the teams we hate the most are in the playoffs.

You sit there and complain about my posts, meanwhile all you do is follow me around this board crying that I ever say anything positive. You go to a message board for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 16 seasons then get upset that people aren't more positive. Get ****ing real.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Let's look at this from another perspective: Let's say the miracle of all miracles happens. The Bills sneak in as a Wild Card, beat the Patriots in NE during the playoffs, and go on to win the SB. It's the greatest Cinderella story in the Super Bowl era- maybe the greatest in major North American sports.

A couple of months after the big win, a poster comes on this board and starts a thread that says "5 negatives about this Bills team" and starts it with the following:

1. NE finished with a better record than us and we still haven't won the division since 1995
    2. Tyrod played like a top 10 QB this year but he'll never be a top 5
    3. We weren't the best rushing team in 2016 like we were in 2015
    4. Jerry Hughes isn't getting as many sacks
    5. Russ Brandon is still part of the team
    Honorable Mention: we still have no cheerleaders

No one would take that person seriously. The thread would probably get moved to spam, and the poster would definitely get trashed (rightfully so).

But the team didn't win the Super Bowl last year and we're sitting here going "well we're good at RB and we have some consistency on offense for once and even though our owner doesn't seem to know what he's doing, he's like uber-rich and not a cheapskate like the last owner and Tyrod Taylor doesn't completely suck like every other QB we've had for the last 15 years..."

It's literally no different.

19. Post thanked by:

Skooby (06-19-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,218 Times in 3,687 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Let's look at this from another perspective: Let's say the miracle of all miracles happens. The Bills sneak in as a Wild Card, beat the Patriots in NE during the playoffs, and go on to win the SB. It's the greatest Cinderella story in the Super Bowl era- maybe the greatest in major North American sports.

A couple of months after the big win, a poster comes on this board and starts a thread that says "5 negatives about this Bills team" and starts it with the following:

1. NE finished with a better record than us and we still haven't won the division since 1995
    2. Tyrod played like a top 10 QB this year but he'll never be a top 5
    3. We weren't the best rushing team in 2016 like we were in 2015
    4. Jerry Hughes isn't getting as many sacks
    5. Russ Brandon is still part of the team
    Honorable Mention: we still have no cheerleaders

No one would take that person seriously. The thread would probably get moved to spam, and the poster would definitely get trashed (rightfully so).

But the team didn't win the Super Bowl last year and we're sitting here going "well we're good at RB and we have some consistency on offense for once and even though our owner doesn't seem to know what he's doing, he's like uber-rich and not a cheapskate like the last owner and Tyrod Taylor doesn't completely suck like every other QB we've had for the last 15 years..."

It's literally no different.
    You'd find a way to crap on the team even if they served you cheerios at the Bills' Disney championship celebration while eating alligator tail (had to add that in for dominance).

21. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (06-19-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    You'd find a way to crap on the team even if they served you cheerios at the Bills' Disney championship celebration while eating alligator tail (had to add that in for dominance).
    People say that, but this team hasn't been good in the history of this board, so really no one has any way of knowing.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,494 Times in 9,189 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well, it's just a thread for positives. There have to be some things you're happy about or you're just tormenting yourself. Sure, there's always something to be unhappy about, there were things I complained about with the 90's teams. If we had a Super Bowl champ I'd find something to complain about that I felt would make us better. But I mean once in a while you have to indulge yourself in whatever it is makes you happy about the team to give yourself something to hang onto and find joy in as they go, or again, you're just tormenting yourself with a passion that won't ever satisfy you.

A lot to be unhappy about over the years, even now. I'm onboard with that. But like there has to be some positive you find in them or you're just hoping for random chance to rescue it, and that's pretty depressing, even for an old punk rocker like yourself.

I figure there will be plenty of angst come September, best to save it for later and hope it doesn't come, and be happy about some stuff before it probably will.
    Last edited by Mace; 06-19-2016 at 07:15 PM.

24. Post thanked by:

feldspar (06-20-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

#1 nice jerseys

#2 nice helmets

#3 decent stadium

#4 great fans

#5 NFL ticket (direct tv)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cleveland got a championship before we did.

****ing CLEVELAND. And feldspar wants me to be positive. Wtf?