• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

Still on the ground as of 2:35p...maybe they're looking for a pen? ;-)
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
      Still on the ground as of 2:35p...maybe they're looking for a pen? ;-)
      I hope the fax machine isn't jammed.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

delayed... departed AT 2:38... http://flightaware.com/live/flight/X...710Z/KBED/KBUF

Comment

• gebobs
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
          I hope the fax machine isn't jammed.
          Mmmmmm...mimeograph copies!

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

As optimistic as I want to be with this, it sounds like Vesey wants to play for the Bruins very badly.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

“I’ve said it all along that Boston is definitely on my list of teams that I’d like to talk to. It’s a team that I’ve rooted for all my life, and it’s a team that I watched win the Stanley Cup in 2011,” he said.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
              As optimistic as I want to be with this, it sounds like Vesey wants to play for the Bruins very badly.

http://www.wgr550.com/Vesey-says-he-...-Augu/22811396
              Not surprised, but while the hometown pull might be strong, th team is being run very poorly. It's possible that has a negative influence on him
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Yup...Harlow plays McDonough and they are both 3-1. McDonough has some talent: Keith Yandle, Brian Boyle, Johnny Gaudreau, Kyle Palmieri, and the Hayes brothers, Kevin and Jimmy.
                McDonough 5 - Harlow 4, OT

Comment

• gebobs
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  His family is trying to dissuade him from making that mistake. I think they would rather see him in Buffalo if he doesn't go with the Leafs.

Comment

• coastal
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

His family is trying to dissuade him from making that mistake. I think they would rather see him in Buffalo if he doesn't go with the Leafs.
                    Where r u getting that from?

Comment

• gebobs
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                      Where r u getting that from?
                      I saw it in another article that also had the quote that Swiper posted. I think it said something like they didn't want him to sign with a team just because he was a fan.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

I was checking Twitter every day. Driving myself crazy. I finally just had to stop.

The latest round of speculation that he is as good as signed with Boston was based on one interview he did with a Boston weblogger.

I think he said exactly what he had to say ("I'm definitely going to talk to them..."). What else could he say.

Anyway, it's clear that no matter what happens, it won't happen before August 15, so I decided to just stop searching Twitter for encouraging signs.

If he signs here, great. If he doesn't, the Sabres will be just fine. Either way, I think it was a good gamble on Murray's part.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          I was checking Twitter every day. Driving myself crazy. I finally just had to stop.

The latest round of speculation that he is as good as signed with Boston was based on one interview he did with a Boston weblogger.

I think he said exactly what he had to say ("I'm definitely going to talk to them..."). What else could he say.

Anyway, it's clear that no matter what happens, it won't happen before August 15, so I decided to just stop searching Twitter for encouraging signs.

If he signs here, great. If he doesn't, the Sabres will be just fine. Either way, I think it was a good gamble on Murray's part.
                          That's how I see it. I'm glad murray took the gamble and so far, he seems interested, but wants to weigh his options. He was impressed with the sabres brass when they visited him.

I think it's really between buffalo and boston. If they don't get him, they'll be fine
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            That's how I see it. I'm glad murray took the gamble and so far, he seems interested, but wants to weigh his options. He was impressed with the sabres brass when they visited him.

I think it's really between buffalo and boston. If they don't get him, they'll be fine
                            You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together, it'd probably make the transition that much easier for him. You'd think playing with a future superstar would almost assuredly make his career that much better, that has to weigh into this versus playing for the home team.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together, it'd probably make the transition that much easier for him. You'd think playing with a future superstar would almost assuredly make his career that much better, that has to weigh into this versus playing for the home team.
                              You'd think, but just as well, maybe playing at home is better for him.

Like I said, if we get him, great, but he's not a future mega star or anything. He looks like a second line winger, and while those are nice, we can survive without him.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                                You'd think, but just as well, maybe playing at home is better for him.

Like I said, if we get him, great, but he's not a future mega star or anything. He looks like a second line winger, and while those are nice, we can survive without him.
                                He'd be a solid 2nd line winger, which as previously mentioned is something we are lacking. It's not make or break but he seems like a character player with very nice awards, so the more the merrier (potentially).

Comment

Working...
                                X