• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
    I saw it in another article that also had the quote that Swiper posted. I think it said something like they didn't want him to sign with a team just because he was a fan.
    Imagine the Sabres telling any one of us that they want us.

"Mom. Dad. Sorry to break this to you, but I'm signing with Buffalo."

His parents or Eichel are not going to dissuade him from signing in Boston. Like it or not the Bruins are a team steeped in tradition. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with them in mid-August.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Not to mention it would be nice to have a player for two years on his entry level deal, especially with the cap situation getting tight.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        No doubt.

His parents or Eichel are not going to dissuade him from signing in Boston. Like it or not the Bruins are a team steeped in tradition. I'd be shocked if he didn't sign with them in mid-August.
        I think the Leafs and the B's have the inside track. Buffalo and Chicago are dark horses. Buffalo's a bit darker.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• gebobs
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          You'd think he'd want to be his old line mate with all the success they had together
          Who is that?

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post

"Mom. Dad. Sorry to break this to you, but I'm signing with Buffalo."

Oh, for sure. And if he signs with boston, best of luck to him.

One thing is for certain. They need to close the college draft pick loophole allowing them to go to free agency. If you don't sign, they shold have to re enter the draft.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is that?
            Eichel. In the pro league
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Who is that?
              Vesey & Eichel played together, look where it got them in the past & could get them in the future. If it doesn't mean anything to Vesey, cool. That being said, Jack could lobby for him to be on his line and have a valid case of previous experience. I'm not sure Vesey could ask for a much better compadre, seriously something to contemplate.

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                Vesey & Eichel played together
                When have they played together other than in the summer pro league? World juniors?

Comment

• gebobs
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                  Eichel. In the pro league
                  That's fine but I'd hardly characterize that as "his old line mate with all the success they had together". I get that they're pals and all and Vesey himself has said it would be nice to see a familiar face in the locker room next year.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

If Boston wants him, they get him.

It would be like one of us signing in Boston after cheering for Buffalo our whole lives.

Comment

• gebobs
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                      If Boston wants him, they get him.

It would be like one of us signing in Boston after cheering for Buffalo our whole lives.
                      Or signing with Chicago after cheering for the Sabres.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

a pro player has to know their careers are short. teams don't show loyalty to you. so you need to get the most money you can in what can be a short career. the money in his first contract is fixed at $900k. but putting up gaudy numbers with a talented team will make the second contract that much better than being on a dysfunctional team where you struggle. These kids have played for a lot of teams from their early days. they should know how to remove the hometown team excitement from what is in the best interest for them financially.

It is true the sabres are only promise and haven't shown anything yet, but I think the bruins and sabres are moving in clearly opposite directions that a non-sabres bruins fan would agree to.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          a pro player has to know their careers are short. teams don't show loyalty to you. so you need to get the most money you can in what can be a short career. the money in his first contract is fixed at $900k. but putting up gaudy numbers with a talented team will make the second contract that much better than being on a dysfunctional team where you struggle. These kids have played for a lot of teams from their early days. they should know how to remove the hometown team excitement from what is in the best interest for them financially.

It is true the sabres are only promise and haven't shown anything yet, but I think the bruins and sabres are moving in clearly opposite directions that a non-sabres bruins fan would agree to.
                          Exactly... And him being relatively older only adds to what you've said.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

No doubt.

I think the Leafs and the B's have the inside track. Buffalo and Chicago are dark horses. Buffalo's a bit darker.
                            The Leafs make zero sense. If he wants to win right away, Chicago makes the most sense followed by Buffalo. If he wants to play for his hometown team, then it's Boston. The Leafs aren't local and aren't good.

The only possible advantage the Leafs could have is playing time, but I feel like he'd get plenty of that in Boston or Buffalo too.

It's a choice I'm glad I don't have to make. I can't imagine being 19 or 20 and being given a choice between playing for a Buffalo team that has aged out and needs to rebuild or a Boston team that's up and coming.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              The Leafs make zero sense. If he wants to win right away, Chicago makes the most sense followed by Buffalo. If he wants to play for his hometown team, then it's Boston. The Leafs aren't local and aren't good.
                              The Leafs make no sense? How do you you figger?

His whole family is now in Toronto. His brother was drafted two years ago by the Leafs. His father is a scout. I think his mother drives the zamboni.

They just drafted Auston Matthews along with four others in the top 70 picks.

The Leafs aren't good fer sure, but they are rebuilding and they're probably just a year behind Buffalo in that respect.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                                Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                                • Nov 2012

The only time the leafs are good is when they have a former sabre. So he should sign here and then go to Toronto in 4 years. Deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X