• Feb 2013

Re: Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

Comment

• gebobs
      One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
      • Sep 2003

Looks good with that logo.
      Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DetDannyWilliams View Post
        Please tell our prospects to stop saying things that are going to drive his price up and make it more likely that he hits FA.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

it goes both ways. if the system is all praise to you, you should feel wanted. and lastly, it's not about money. he is capped at just under $1MM as a rookie. sabres can afford it. it's his choice. if family or hometown is more important to him, then there isnothing the sabres can offer to change his mind. but if he wants to contend and be a meaningful player for an interesting run at the ground floor, buffalo is the easy choice. and he's got his pal telling him the same thing. if Vesey tells us to screw off, he will easily be one of the most hated players.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
            it goes both ways. if the system is all praise to you, you should feel wanted. and lastly, it's not about money. he is capped at just under $1MM as a rookie. sabres can afford it. it's his choice. if family or hometown is more important to him, then there isnothing the sabres can offer to change his mind. but if he wants to contend and be a meaningful player for an interesting run at the ground floor, buffalo is the easy choice. and he's got his pal telling him the same thing. if Vesey tells us to screw off, he will easily be one of the most hated players.
            I would laugh if he wastes away in Boston's rebuild while the Sabres win a Cup.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gebobs
              • Sep 2003

Vesey's agent on Sabres' visit: 'The meeting went very well'

The Sabres made their promotional pitch. Jimmy Vesey liked what he heard.

The next step requires something that’s often in short supply: patience.

Buffalo General Manager Tim Murray, coach Dan Bylsma and Jerry Forton, the assistant director of scouting who has a prior relationship with Vesey, met with the prospect Thursday in Boston. They didn’t demand to know whether he’ll sign before becoming an unrestricted free agent Aug. 15. They just wanted to show Vesey what the organization is all about.
              Jerry is a friend from the old neighborhood and he was the goalie on varsity soccer with me at Canisius HS. I thought he got canned by the Sabres a while ago but I guess they brought him back.
              Last edited by gebobs; 07-08-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• gebobs
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Please tell our prospects to stop saying things that are going to drive his price up and make it more likely that he hits FA.
                He's going to get the rookie max wherever he goes. Money is not the issue, right?

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                  He's going to get the rookie max wherever he goes. Money is not the issue, right?
                  I believe he's in line for mega bonus bucks though
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Jry44
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                    I believe he's in line for mega bonus bucks though
                    Which we know will be absolutely no issue with the Sabres. Pegula never hesitates to open up the check book.

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

The kid is a big signing in the larger scheme of things... opens up the possibility to trade for someone like Fowler or Bishop and really go for it THIS year.

We have Girgs, Ennis, a 2017 1st round pick and (2) 2017 2nd round picks as trade pieces.

miss out on Vessey and we're still a top 6 LW shy... and does that open up a Nash scenario later in the summer?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

The need for LW is serious... I think we're 2 LW's short of a good 4 lines.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                          I've seen some people tossing out the idea of zemgus on the left wing.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            Ok, so it's kane, foligno, moulson, deslauriers. Yeah, left side is a touch weak. Larsson can also play the left wing as can girgs.

And perhaps I'm being optimistic, but there's no way moulson can have as bad a year this year as he did last year.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

And finally, if I'm GMTM, I check out brandon pirri. 80 points in 166 career games. Bout 39 points over the course of a full season. He's a UFA. plays left wing. If vesey doesn't sign.... he's a middle 6 winger would could help your depth. Just a thought
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• The Jokeman
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                                And finally, if I'm GMTM, I check out brandon pirri. 80 points in 166 career games. Bout 39 points over the course of a full season. He's a UFA. plays left wing. If vesey doesn't sign.... he's a middle 6 winger would could help your depth. Just a thought
                                Good stats and still young at 25. The only concern is his ability to avoid injury. Yet if looking for a one/two year stop gap I'd roll the dice. Yes that a hint he could also be Las Vegas bound though looking over our roster Larsson could be the odd man out too.

Comment

Working...
                                X