• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Eichel and Vesey also have the same agent.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Joe McDonaldESPN Staff Writer

Peter Donatelli, who represents Jimmy Vesey, had this to say about the Buffalo Sabres acquiring the rights of his client from the Nashville Predators: "In our opinion, the only thing that has happened is now the Sabres have stepped into the shoes of Nashville for exclusive rights [to negotiate] until Aug. 15. However, at this time, it doesn't change Jimmy Vesey's intention to become a free agent on Aug. 15."
      Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

He's not signing here.

Toronto or Boston. Not just that but not sure he's a top 6.

Comment

• Dude
          that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
          • Feb 2005

I know the Sabres have a ton of picks, but I still can't believe that GMTM would essentially give one away for nothing. He wouldn't have made this trade if he didn't think he could sign the kid.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Well believe it... because he just did.

Comment

• The Jokeman
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              And things could change in the next 40 something days that he might elect to sign here. Maybe more talks with Eichel will convince him. I get he feels he wants to sign with his hometown team in Boston but if the kid is as smart as one would think his Harvard education would a lot him a team like Buffalo that seems to be on it's way up makes more sense. Of course if he wants to reunite with his dad and brother in Toronto that's another story but to me that's too much pressure on him to succeed IMO. Of course I'm a biased Sabres fan and want him here.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

you have to dismiss most of what coastal says because its nonsense.

that being said the Vesey signing isn't a sure thing, but I'd give up one of 4 3rd rounders to show the guy a level of commitment and have a focused pitch to sell him the sabres exclusively. put him up in housing, have him near eichel, have eichel's positive experience of being on the team, have a fan support day where people show him some outpouring of support that makes him see what playing for the sabres means and then if he still wants to go to free agency, know that you made your best pitch possible. the sabres aren't competing on money. he's going to make $900k where ever he goes.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Like I said... ugliest girl at the prom wondering why no one wants to get stinky fingers with her.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

He's signing a rookie contract, regardless of how anyone wants to look at it. I'm certain that wherever he decides to go will be based on the opportunity available there and some type of assurance that he will be playing in the NHL, not the minors. That all being said, I've been watching videos of his play and he's good but not on Jack's scale.

I hope the Sabres bring in some big name FA that make the team more attractive and successful for the other role players. We need some help, it's not all going to come from within.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 06-21-2016, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

I would rather get better younger contracts and see how this team adapts to those players than to get two high priced stars that require longer term so when reinhart, eichel and a few other young players are due, we don't have the means to keep them.

Comment

• Dude
                        that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                        • Feb 2005

Oh cool. So GMTM is a personal friend? Can you ask him to post here?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          I would rather get better younger contracts and see how this team adapts to those players than to get two high priced stars that require longer term so when reinhart, eichel and a few other young players are due, we don't have the means to keep them.
                          Our best years came about when we had Briere and Drury were here, after they left we had nothing left. We need an injection of major talent and mix it in with our youth to learn / grow together, lets not forget the past.

Comment

• coastal
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dude View Post
                            Oh cool. So GMTM is a personal friend? Can you ask him to post here?
                            I don't think Murray has a friend in this world.

doesnt matter though.. he admittedly came out and said he had the pick to blow so why not try to negotiate with him exclusively.

The player's agent responded by saying the Sabres are Nashville... c u Aug 15th.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Go tongue your Canadian friends ass some more.

Comment

• Swiper
                                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                                you have to dismiss most of what coastal says because its nonsense.
                                No we can hold it to tell him, once again, what an idiot he is when GMTM signs this player.

Comment

Working...
                                X