• Nov 2012

Re: Sabres acquire rights to Vesey for 3rd Rounder in 2016

First name Jim. Last name 5 letters. Savior II

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

According to one of those sources, however, Vesey’s top three preferred spots are currently the Chicago Blackhawks, the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils.

He thinks it's a good meeting to know what the process is like, so he's looking around.
      Last edited by Skooby; 08-15-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Forward Jimmy Vesey is sticking with his plan to become an NHL free agent on Tuesday. And Vesey's agent, Peter Fish, tells The Associated Press college hockey's top player won't rush into signing his first contract.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Vesey update for 08/18/16:

NHL Rumors: Jimmy Vesey Decision In A Day Or Two

Last edited by swiper; 08-18-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
            Sabres barely a blip on the radar, don't make plans to get his Sabres Jersey.

Comment

• Jry44
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              Sabres barely a blip on the radar, don't make plans to get his Sabres Jersey.
              These reports are only mentioning the new teams that he's met with. The Sabres are the only team that Vesey's team has talked to on multiple occasions, so I wouldn't say that the Sabres are barely a blip. TSN even reported that he and the Sabres were in "negotiations" right up until the night before the deadline, and not just giving a sales pitch.

I think they'll be in the top 3. My completely uninformed guess is that he stays home with the Bruins. But I wouldn't be shocked if he chose to play with Eichel either. Regardless, I don't feel like this is a franchise changing decision that teams are waiting on. It's just a rare chance for a team to get a cheap, young prospect that could develop into a solid pro. He will never live up to this hype, unfortunately.

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

I bet this kid and his show.

this is a sports agent jerking off at this point.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

I should point out that the sabres met with vesey in early july, talked t him right before the deadline, and met with him tuesday.

If nothing else, they tried. That's all you can ask
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                    These reports are only mentioning the new teams that he's met with. The Sabres are the only team that Vesey's team has talked to on multiple occasions, so I wouldn't say that the Sabres are barely a blip. TSN even reported that he and the Sabres were in "negotiations" right up until the night before the deadline, and not just giving a sales pitch.

I think they'll be in the top 3. My completely uninformed guess is that he stays home with the Bruins. But I wouldn't be shocked if he chose to play with Eichel either. Regardless, I don't feel like this is a franchise changing decision that teams are waiting on. It's just a rare chance for a team to get a cheap, young prospect that could develop into a solid pro. He will never live up to this hype, unfortunately.
                    I'd love for the Sabres to get him but lets be realistic here, Buffalo is a hockey loving town and the stadium is filled but for outsiders it's going to be a hard sale. Jack is about the only tie we had besides basically buying his rights for a short-time.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

And that's that...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

I was the only one to take the Rangers when the contest started, JTM did after a rumor 4 days later. Sabres had no real chance, big market wins.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

I was the only one to take the Rangers when the contest started, JTM did after a rumor 4 days later. Sabres had no real chance, big market wins.
                          I think having a former childhood teammate, Kevin Hayes, who went through the same scenario of staying in college for 4 years and then signing with a new team might have also influenced his decision. I'm upset as a Sabres fan but as eluded in other posts we still have a few other options at LW if want to.

Comment

• Jry44
                            • Apr 2013

I saw yesterday that Vesey is actually 15 months older that Filip Forsberg. Crazy....

Like I said before, it would have been great to have a cheap young prospect that could have become a solid player for us, but he alone was not the difference is making this team a contender in the eastern conference for years to come. I'm curious now to see if there was anything to those Rick Nash rumors...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

How old is this guy ?? Oh well he can be influenced by the big city, you watch it's the Rangers and you'll hear why as well.
                              What's funny here I am actually telling you guys why he's going there, being influenced by the big city and now you read it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jim...032611915.html

“I don’t think it had a factor in the decision, so to speak, but one of the things I definitely liked about New York was the top-notch lifestyle that the city offers.”

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

What's funny here I am actually telling you guys why he's going there, being influenced by the big city and now you read it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jim...032611915.html

“I don’t think it had a factor in the decision, so to speak, but one of the things I definitely liked about New York was the top-notch lifestyle that the city offers.”
                                Yeah, you should bask in glow of your prediction, but you didn't break the news. Breaking the news would mean like you have sources or something. You just made a good guess. That's all. And it was a good one.
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X