Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 299

Thread: Sabres news and notes

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Pu signs three year ELC
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Nylander skated today. That's big news for sabres fans and the amerks

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

  4. Post thanked by:

    coastal (11-05-2017)

  5. #64
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    15,506
    Thanks
    17,203
    Thanked 8,914 Times in 5,306 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    55

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Speed in the lineup... if he can be what his brother is... Middlestadt looks like a badass too... Pu... Guhle... add another piece this year...

    I'm assuming there is 0 chance of winning the draft lotto, so #1 target is the Russian.

  6. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Speed in the lineup... if he can be what his brother is... Middlestadt looks like a badass too... Pu... Guhle... add another piece this year...

    I'm assuming there is 0 chance of winning the draft lotto, so #1 target is the Russian.
    DONT RUIN MY DAHLIN DREAM!

  7. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Kevin weekes just posted a picture of Desjardins mask he just obtained for his collection, then mused of the sabres we're gonna add another to their collection soon. Appears a move of some sort MAY be on the way?

  8. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Mattias Samuelson is here to stay. Signed a 7 year, 30 mil extension today

  9. #68
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Mattias Samuelson is here to stay. Signed a 7 year, 30 mil extension today
    Are we assuming a big jump here? Doesn't it seem like a bit for a fairly unproven player? If he does jump, the contract will be great in a few years.

  10. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Are we assuming a big jump here? Doesn't it seem like a bit for a fairly unproven player? If he does jump, the contract will be great in a few years.
    Depends. He's got GREAT underlying numbers. I don't think you're ever gonna see him light up the scoresheet

  11. #70
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Depends. He's got GREAT underlying numbers. I don't think you're ever gonna see him light up the scoresheet
    How are his numbers not playing with Dahlin?

  12. #71
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    20,977
    Thanks
    8,579
    Thanked 6,511 Times in 4,886 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    56

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    Are we assuming a big jump here? Doesn't it seem like a bit for a fairly unproven player? If he does jump, the contract will be great in a few years.
    I'd argue that by the end of his contract, he'll be UNDERPAID.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

    "I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

  13. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    How are his numbers not playing with Dahlin?
    I don't know. He would have likely played the whole year last year with Buffalo, but had an injury prior to. It's a risk, but it's forward thinking by management. They're hedging he will be a major piece going forward and will be under value when the sabres are ready to contend and major players need pay days

  14. #73
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    6,274
    Thanks
    929
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,379 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I don't know. He would have likely played the whole year last year with Buffalo, but had an injury prior to. It's a risk, but it's forward thinking by management. They're hedging he will be a major piece going forward and will be under value when the sabres are ready to contend and major players need pay days
    I can see that. Getting in before the salary cap goes up can be great for this kind of stuff. Obviously if he keeps it up/improves though.

  15. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by mightysimi View Post
    I can see that. Getting in before the salary cap goes up can be great for this kind of stuff. Obviously if he keeps it up/improves though.
    He looked good last night. Kinda a throwback in some ways, but can skate and pass. His skating was a HUGE question mark when he was drafted, but it has become a strength. Good for him. At worst, it's not a huge cap hit if he fails to live up to his potential

  16. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Comrie to ROCH for conditioning.

    It's going to be interesting to see how the Sabres handle this when he's ready

  17. Post thanked by:

    Skooby (12-31-2022)

  18. #76
    Skoobasaurus-Rex Skooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    22,275
    Thanks
    14,914
    Thanked 5,217 Times in 3,686 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    63

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Comrie to ROCH for conditioning.

    It's going to be interesting to see how the Sabres handle this when he's ready
    UPL will not go back to Rocha cha cha, no chance.

  19. #77
    Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    33,117
    Thanks
    9,387
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    126

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Eric Comrie's debut in goal for the Rochester Amerks was a smashing success Saturday, as the Buffalo Sabres netminder made 34 saves to steal a 3-2 win over the Toronto Marlies in Coca-Cola Coliseum.

    Comrie, who has not appeared since suffering a knee injury while playing for the Sabres Nov. 16 in Ottawa, was in the first game of his conditioning assignment.

    The Amerks were outshot in the game, 36-13, but Comrie stood tall to earn First Star honors and lead Rochester to its sixth straight win. Comrie stopped 27 of 29 shots over the final two periods.
    Rochester improved to 17-9-1-1 to pull without four points of Toronto for first place in the AHL North.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

  20. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Eric Comrie's debut in goal for the Rochester Amerks was a smashing success Saturday, as the Buffalo Sabres netminder made 34 saves to steal a 3-2 win over the Toronto Marlies in Coca-Cola Coliseum.

    Comrie, who has not appeared since suffering a knee injury while playing for the Sabres Nov. 16 in Ottawa, was in the first game of his conditioning assignment.

    The Amerks were outshot in the game, 36-13, but Comrie stood tall to earn First Star honors and lead Rochester to its sixth straight win. Comrie stopped 27 of 29 shots over the final two periods.
    Rochester improved to 17-9-1-1 to pull without four points of Toronto for first place in the AHL North.
    There's gonna have to be a trade. I dunno if you can do this, but I guess I'd ask Levi's camp if he's for sure gonna sign at the end of the season, get his answer, and maybe trade Anderson at the deadline to a contender who needs a goalie. In the meantime, carry 3?

  21. #79
    Registered User Novacane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Dade City, FL
    Posts
    42,133
    Thanks
    13,216
    Thanked 12,381 Times in 7,266 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    129

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    UPL will be sent back down.

  22. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    58,730
    Thanks
    12,162
    Thanked 16,476 Times in 12,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    141

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    UPL will be sent back down.
    UPL sent down

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •