X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    • Sep 2010

Re: Sabres news and notes

Sabres waive goaltender Michael Houser: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/buffalo-sabre...gton-1.1924445

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Portillo rights for a third rounder to LA
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
        Not quite Best in the World....
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
        Portillo rights for a third rounder to LA
        THAT makes sense, to be honest; Buffalo probably didn't see much of a future for him. They're more focused on Devon Levi as the goalie for the future.

Mind you, that's the SECOND goalie the Kings got today; they traded Jonathan Quick to Columbus in exchange for Joonas Korpisalo and another player. That one surprised me; I thought Quick was going to play his whole career for L.A.
        John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
        David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
          Not quite Best in the World....
          • Aug 2012

Jakob Chychrun gets dealt, finally....to Ottawa, in exchange for a 2023 conditional first and a pair of second-round picks...a conditional 2024 pick originally belonging to Washington and Ottawa's 2026. The first is 2023 top 5 protected and will be unprotected in 2024. If the Sens make the Eastern final, the Washington pick will become a 2024 1st round pick that's top 10 protected.
          John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
          David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• swiper
            • Sep 2010

Great move in dumping Portillo. Sent to LA who just unceremoniously dumped their goaltending icon. Good luck Portillo. LOL. Good return for Portillo. Now use it for something.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
              THAT makes sense, to be honest; Buffalo probably didn't see much of a future for him. They're more focused on Devon Levi as the goalie for the future.

Mind you, that's the SECOND goalie the Kings got today; they traded Jonathan Quick to Columbus in exchange for Joonas Korpisalo and another player. That one surprised me; I thought Quick was going to play his whole career for L.A.
              I dont see Portillo playing pro hockey long anyways. Not because the talent isn't there, but because he is way more business focused.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Anders bjork to Chicago for future considerations
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Greenway to sabres for a second and 4th round pick
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

7 points in 45 games? Championship!! Although I can't really speak with Nieterrider and namestikov only coming to the peg.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                      7 points in 45 games? Championship!! Although I can't really speak with Nieterrider and namestikov only coming to the peg.
                      It's kinda a jost thing. The belief is Greenway adds size and physicality to the team, but also the wild have been miscoaching him. Look how jost blossomed here. Granato thinks the same will happen for Greenway
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                        It wasn't about the points. Read the GMs excellent explanation: https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports...ordan-greenway

All the opposition teams in the NHL are targeting the Sabres emerging stars. Adams was a moron that he built this team with no enforcers. I mean their 4 line id Girgensons - Krebs - Okposo. None are any good at this point and not tough at all. Girgensons and Okposo need to go and Krebs does nothing anywhere they put him. They have no enforcer-types at all. They needed these two young players and they will likely mesh well with the other youngsters this team already has. Good pick-ups. Also nice thing Adams did for Asplund. He dumped Portillo and Bjork for something. He did ok for the team. He looks brilliant going into the draft.

Comment

• swiper
                          • Sep 2010

It's kinda a jost thing. The belief is Greenway adds size and physicality to the team, but also the wild have been miscoaching him. Look how jost blossomed here. Granato thinks the same will happen for Greenway
                          If I have to watch Jost, Hinostroza and Bryson much more my head is going to explode. They can skate like hell, but are so small. They never score. They get pushed around way too much. Look at how the Bruins are built Kevyn.

The Sabres have to stop feeling like they owe Hinostroza something. They don't. PLEASE move on.

Granato loves the guy, but he doesn't know when to cut the cord and it's hurting the team.
                          Last edited by swiper; 03-03-2023, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                            If I have to watch Jost, Hinostroza and Bryson much more my head is going to explode. They can skate like hell, but are so small. They never score. They get pushed around way too much. Look at how the Bruins are built Kevyn.

The Sabres have to stop feeling like they owe Hinostroza something. They don't. PLEASE move on.

Granato loves the guy, but he doesn't know when to cut the cord and it's hurting the team.
                            Jost has played extremely well in Buffalo. He's not an issue. Greenway is 6-6 and plays HARD. the offense isn't much, but thats not why you're bringing him in. He's perfect for the bottom 6 and plays tough nosed defense as a forward.

Hinostroza is just a guy. They already tried to move on from him, but injuries forced him up. Bryson, I don't see being in Buffalo much longer. He's occupying a roster spot that I'm sure the sabres are eyeing for improvement
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Jost has played extremely well in Buffalo. He's not an issue. Greenway is 6-6 and plays HARD. the offense isn't much, but thats not why you're bringing him in. He's perfect for the bottom 6 and plays tough nosed defense as a forward.

Hinostroza is just a guy. They already tried to move on from him, but injuries forced him up. Bryson, I don't see being in Buffalo much longer. He's occupying a roster spot that I'm sure the sabres are eyeing for improvement
                              Jost was told he was brought in to help the penalty kill. He understood that coming in. And he has. Just not the biggest guy in the world. But I hope he sticks.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Levi is a Richter award finalist again
                                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X