• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ckg927
    Not quite Best in the World....
    • Aug 2012

Re: Sabres news and notes

Owen Power is one of the three nominees for the Calder Trophy as the NHL's rookie of the year.

Granted, it's nice to see Power in the conversation...BUT the Calder is likely to go to Seattle's Matty Beniers. And he deserves that honor.
    John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
    David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• swiper
      • Sep 2010

Berniers was waaaay better than Power. Hopefully the light turns on for him next season.

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

I don't know +10 on that ****ty defensive team is pretty good. Specially playing almost 24 min a night.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Larry Pilut with the game 5 OT winner and the Amerks come back from an O-2 series deficit and advance
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Olivier Nadeau assigned to Amerks as his Q season ends.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
              I don't know +10 on that ****ty defensive team is pretty good. Specially playing almost 24 min a night.
              He had a lot of rough patches and played light against tough teams. He was bolstered by the team around him most nights, although I agree he showed improvement towards the end of the season. He needs more confidence, needs to feel like he belongs in this league. He should have that now. He was still playing timid at times, afraid to shoot the puck on net, thinking he was supposed to pass it to a teammate. He also needs to gain some upper body strength. It's coming. He'll be what he was supposed to. Berniers, however, was lightning right from the start.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                • Aug 2012

Sabres pick 13th. Didn't move up or down.

Bedard will go to Anaheim/Chicago/Columbus
                Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• swiper
                  • Sep 2010

I love Alex Tuch more and more....

The Sabres have nominated Alex Tuch for the King Clancy Award, which recognizes the player who “best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made noteworthy humanitarian contributions to his community.” Paul Hamilton has more:

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Tuch and the development of Tage make Eichel a non factor. Sabres way better off.

Comment

• swiper
                      • Sep 2010

See anyone on this list you'd like to add to the defense?

Originally posted by May 11, 2023
                      Lance Lysowski of the Buffalo News: Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams when asked if they’ll be looking at add another defenseman this offseason.

“What’s important is we have a really, really good D corps to start,” Adams answered. “When you think about the age of our guys and what I’ll call them is your core foundational pieces, we’re set up very well.”

Rasmus Dahlin and Owen Power will get long-term contract extension offers this offseason.

The Sabres could use another defenseman that could play on a top-two pairing with Dahlin, Power and Mattias Samuelsson.

They’ll have about $19.5 million in projected salary cap space. Finding a ‘cheaper’ option in free agency is an option – someone looking to play Dahlin or Power – but will most likely go the trade route.

Potential trade candidates include Matt Grzelcyk (BOS), Alec Martinez (VGK), Noah Hanifin (CGY), Connor Murphy (CHI), Will Borgen (SEA), Dylan DeMelo (WPG), Tyson Barrie (NSH), Dante Fabbro (NSH), and Sean Walker (LA).

Potential free agent candidates include Matt Dumba (MIN), Connor Clifton (BOS), Ryan Graves (NJ), Scott Mayfield (NYI), Justin Holl (TOR), and Radko Gudas (FLA).
                      Could get Borgen back? He's doing quite well I've heard. Or Matt Dumba as a free agent.
                      Last edited by swiper; 05-12-2023, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• mightysimi
                        • Mar 2010

DeMelo is only 1 of 2 RHD on the Jets. I would be surprised if he went and it didn't include a RHD in return.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                          See anyone on this list you'd like to add to the defense?

Could get Borgen back? He's doing quite well I've heard. Or Matt Dumba as a free agent.
                          Dumba is kind of like a ristolainen. Not as frustrating, but really poor underlying numbers that get overshadow by raw talent. Prone to make mistakes.

That said, as a free* player, I'd take him.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• mightysimi
                            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            Dumba is kind of like a ristolainen. Not as frustrating, but really poor underlying numbers that get overshadow by raw talent. Prone to make mistakes.

RHD and has a 20 goal season, might be a bidding war even if he hasn't been top notch. Although that was a few years ago so maybe you can get him on a good deal.

Sabres question, what would you guys trade to acquire Connor Hellebuyck?

Comment

• swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post

Maybe you know more about Dumba than I do. But the Sabres are looking for a youngish RD, 6' 0" or bigger who is defensively responsible. Dumba fits the bill. I agree there will be a lot of demand for him. He blocked 116 shots this past season. That is what they need.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                                Maybe you know more about Dumba than I do. But the Sabres are looking for a youngish RD, 6' 0" or bigger who is defensively responsible. Dumba fits the bill. I agree there will be a lot of demand for him. He blocked 116 shots this past season. That is what they need.
                                Take it for what you will

Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                                X