X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetoxTent
    • Sep 2023

Re: Sabres news and notes

Anyone seeing that Kane is coming to Sabres today?

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
      Anyone seeing that Kane is coming to Sabres today?
      No. There was a rumor the deal was done, but on maintenance day, they suggest thats not the case and it's unlikely he signs if he wants a cup after Buffalos start and Thompsons injury. But they're still in it
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
        Not quite Best in the World....
        • Aug 2012

Comrie gets the start tonight against his old team, Winnipeg.
        John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
        David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
          • Aug 2012

3-1 Jets in the second.

I hate to say it...but if no one else will, I'll do it. Fire Don Granato. This team needs a spark and whatever Granato's doing isn't getting the job done. And if it's done...no, don't promote Seth Appert from Rochester. Get a hardass in there.

Comment

• DetoxTent
            • Sep 2023

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
            3-1 Jets in the second.

I hate to say it...but if no one else will, I'll do it. Fire Don Granato. This team needs a spark and whatever Granato's doing isn't getting the job done. And if it's done...no, don't promote Seth Appert from Rochester. Get a hardass in there.
            I watched the 1st and the 3rd (missed the 2nd period). The Sabres played well. They need a superstar. Peterka is not enough. They will need more than even Patrick Kane. Outside of Tuch, they don't have guys that will plant themselves in front of the net. Cozens has to re-find his game soon.

Comment

• DetoxTent
              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
              3-1 Jets in the second.

Don't panic, ckg. Did you like the results last season? Here are some facts to calm you down. From Paul Hamilton after last night's game:

Originally posted by wgr550.com
              At the end of the day we need to start bottom lining this and last year at this time, they were 7-10-0 while this year, they’re 7-9-1. Despite allowing very few chances, Don Granato was not happy and he said he told his team so after 40 minutes

LINK

The difference this season is that the fans all have heightened expectations. The team has not actually played any worse.

Comment

• ckg927
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                He's gonna need to do that a lot or the fans are going to be pissed. Especially if the season continues to be a miss
                Well...would you settle for a hat trick from The Savvy One? Maybe a NATURAL hat trick? He got that in last night's win against Spokane.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Benson staying. Burning his first year of his ELC
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Sounds like Isak Rosen is being called up.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

The belief is the Sabres are on the outside of the kane sweeps. Thankfully
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                        • Sep 2023

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                        https://twitter.com/CMDeDominicis/st...47317817946545
                        The belief is the Sabres are on the outside of the kane sweeps. Thankfully
                        I wouldn't base anything on that Tweet. I have my doubts about Kane's effectiveness. He'll be expensive and it will take him over a month of game play to be near his prime, IF things all go right for him. I know he and Kevyn Adams are friends and his family still lives in Buffalo. But I doubt Adams will upset the locker room chemistry by bringing Kane in. Even though it had been said last year that he would do it. Not holding my breath. But that Tweet means nothing.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

I wouldn't base anything on that Tweet. I have my doubts about Kane's effectiveness. He'll be expensive and it will take him over a month of game play to be near his prime, IF things all go right for him. I know he and Kevyn Adams are friends and his family still lives in Buffalo. But I doubt Adams will upset the locker room chemistry by bringing Kane in. Even though it had been said last year that he would do it. Not holding my breath. But that Tweet means nothing.
                          Well, Kane just signed with Detroit
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                            • Sep 2023

We'll see how it goes for him. Too much hoopla surrounding this signing. It somehow didn't sit well with me. I'm kinda glad, at this point, the Sabres stayed away. We'll see how he does.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

We'll see how it goes for him. Too much hoopla surrounding this signing. It somehow didn't sit well with me. I'm kinda glad, at this point, the Sabres stayed away. We'll see how he does.
                              I'm torn. Because Kane was the one thing KA was looking at to "improve" but Kane isn't much of a improvement.

I'm more or less frustrated that Adams is sitting on his ass saying "trust the process"
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
                                • Aug 2012

Here's two reasons WHY GMKA might have stayed away from signing Kane:

1. Zach Benson and how well he's fit into the offense.
                                2. Jack Quinn, though still not close to getting back into the lineup, IS skating again.

Comment

Working...
                                X