Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
Results 921 to 929 of 929

Thread: Sabres news and notes

  1. #921
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,227
    Thanks
    8,244
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    92

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/dyla...ar/c-316542558

    Cozens named WHL first team all star

  2. #922
    Registered User Ginger Vitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Every mock draft has the Sabres picking 7th.... Too low to get the consensus best defensemen Jamie Drysdale and the 2nd best defensemen Jake Sanderson would be a bit of a reach at 7... Another consideration is goaltender Yaroslav Askarov who is being called the 2nd coming of Carey Price... He would b e a bit or a reach at 7 but not a huge reach... A few mocks have him being taken just outside the Top 10.. The 2020 nhl draft class is considered to be solid for offensive firepower

  3. #923
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,918
    Thanks
    5,713
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    34

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/dyla...ar/c-316542558

    Cozens named WHL first team all star
    Honestly, what do you do with Dylan? He's got nothing left to prove in the WHL, but(as of now)he can't jump to the AHL. (The rule that prohibits it, however, expires on June 30th if memory serves.)
    Last edited by ckg927; 04-07-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

    "I will tell anybody who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drum, and it's real simple: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

  4. #924
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,918
    Thanks
    5,713
    Thanked 4,077 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    34

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    Every mock draft has the Sabres picking 7th.... Too low to get the consensus best defensemen Jamie Drysdale and the 2nd best defensemen Jake Sanderson would be a bit of a reach at 7... Another consideration is goaltender Yaroslav Askarov who is being called the 2nd coming of Carey Price... He would b e a bit or a reach at 7 but not a huge reach... A few mocks have him being taken just outside the Top 10.. The 2020 nhl draft class is considered to be solid for offensive firepower
    Here are some mock drafts I've seen:

    Draftsite: Cole Perfetti(C/LW, Saginaw)
    Bleacher Report: Jamie Drysdale(D, Erie)
    My NHL Draft: Anton Lundell(C, Hifk)
    Tankathon: Marco Rossi(C, Ottawa 67s)

  5. #925
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,227
    Thanks
    8,244
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    92

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Here are some mock drafts I've seen:

    Draftsite: Cole Perfetti(C/LW, Saginaw)
    Bleacher Report: Jamie Drysdale(D, Erie)
    My NHL Draft: Anton Lundell(C, Hifk)
    Tankathon: Marco Rossi(C, Ottawa 67s)
    Rossi or askarov.

    Which means we wont get either

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Honestly, what do you do with Dylan? He's got nothing left to prove in the WHL, but(as of now)he can't jump to the AHL. (The rule that prohibits it, however, expires on June 30th if memory serves.)
    9 game trial. The Sabres have rushed too many prospects. They cant do that with cozens.

  6. #926
    Registered User Ginger Vitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    406
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    18

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    UPL is a good goalie prospect but Askarov is all world... Id prefer the Sabres took him instead of another center

  7. #927
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    39,227
    Thanks
    8,244
    Thanked 11,128 Times in 8,161 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    92

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    UPL is a good goalie prospect but Askarov is all world... Id prefer the Sabres took him instead of another center
    I want BPA. And also biggest impact player available.

    If that's askarov, YES YES YES.

    if they get askarov, they can develop both and trade away UPL for assets if askarov is the real deal.

    That said, drafting goalies is far from a science. The Sabres took 2 in the first round between 95 and 97 and the 5th rounder from the 99 turned out to be the second best goalie in Sabres history.

    So, who knows.

  8. #928
    Registered User Night Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Last Depot
    Posts
    25,708
    Thanks
    5,495
    Thanked 9,676 Times in 4,901 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    99

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    No thoughts above are wrong at all.

    I just think they should go young and move 5-6 young forwards in the organization under contract into the lineup and cut bait with the pretenders/floaters that permeate this current roster. Can't see any FA in his right mind wanting to come here. Build something and quit throwing crap at the wall.

    Denial is killing this front office.
    " When we were young, we were poor. But that didn't stop us from being miserable."


  9. #929
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin mightysimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    4,504
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 1,316 Times in 916 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    20

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I want BPA. And also biggest impact player available.

    If that's askarov, YES YES YES.

    if they get askarov, they can develop both and trade away UPL for assets if askarov is the real deal.

    That said, drafting goalies is far from a science. The Sabres took 2 in the first round between 95 and 97 and the 5th rounder from the 99 turned out to be the second best goalie in Sabres history.

    So, who knows.
    That is true for sure. Can't think of too many 1st round picks starting other than Price, Vasy, Markstrom and Fleury(if he keeps the job)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •