Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 861 to 880 of 880

Thread: Sabres news and notes

  1. #861
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked 4,621 Times in 2,960 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    I'll take the stats in this one, thanks.
    You'll take you're "feelings" as usual.

  2. #862
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    You'll take you're "feelings" as usual.
    I've never seen someone elect to use a smaller sample size over statistical growth to make a point before.

    It defies logic

  3. #863
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,234
    Thanks
    5,552
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,982 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    33

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Meanwhile, Chad DeDomincis(SB Nation's Die by the Blade)mentioned that Buffalo and the Golden Knights have been talking about swinging a trade for a forward in exchange for Vegas getting some help on the blue line. Among the names mentioned: Jonathan Marchessault.
    "Do I have everybody's attention now?" -CM Punk, Monday Night RAW, 7/11/2011

    "I will tell anyone who doesn't like the fact that I march to the beat of my own drummer: Kiss my ***. Stay the hell out of my way."
    -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 10/29/19

  4. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (02-16-2020)

  5. #864
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanks
    15,938
    Thanked 9,968 Times in 5,839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    What would it take for the Sabres to pick up Eric Staal?

  6. #865
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanks
    15,938
    Thanked 9,968 Times in 5,839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    Meanwhile, Chad DeDomincis(SB Nation's Die by the Blade)mentioned that Buffalo and the Golden Knights have been talking about swinging a trade for a forward in exchange for Vegas getting some help on the blue line. Among the names mentioned: Jonathan Marchessault.
    If it isn’t Tuch... don’t care

  7. #866
    Registered User The Jokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    9,923
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    40

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    I've always liked Tyler Toffoli, anyone know what Kings would want?

  8. #867
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I've always liked Tyler Toffoli, anyone know what Kings would want?
    I've read a second and a decent prospect

  9. #868
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Mittelstadt got an assist tonight and UPL stopped 27 of 29 in a win for the amerks.

  10. #869
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 995 Times in 677 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15

    THE OTHER BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN!


  11. #870
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    22,943
    Thanks
    10,817
    Thanked 9,867 Times in 6,649 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    57

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    First game after Bogosian sent down to Rochester looks like Bogosian didn't suit up. Why not? Did he refuse to report?

    https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1020412

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I've always liked Tyler Toffoli, anyone know what Kings would want?
    Probably more after his recent hat trick.
    Welcome to Buffalo Henri Jokiharju

  12. #871
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,680
    Thanks
    15,938
    Thanked 9,968 Times in 5,839 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    48

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Mittelstadt got an assist tonight and UPL stopped 27 of 29 in a win for the amerks.
    Here’s hoping the two of them spend the entire year next year in Rochester

  13. #872
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Here’s hoping the two of them spend the entire year next year in Rochester
    UPL will almost certainly be in the AHL next year. Hes very up and down right now, which is to be expected as he adjusts to a faster league

  14. #873
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 995 Times in 677 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15

    Re: Sabres news and notes


  15. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (Yesterday)

  16. #874
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie. DetDannyWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,035
    Thanks
    167
    Thanked 995 Times in 677 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    15

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Risto trade rumors heating up again?

    https://theathletic.com/1613188/2020...ne-approaches/

  17. #875
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes


  18. #876
    Registered User Swiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sparing my telomeres
    Posts
    22,943
    Thanks
    10,817
    Thanked 9,867 Times in 6,649 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    57

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    First game after Bogosian sent down to Rochester looks like Bogosian didn't suit up. Why not? Did he refuse to report?

    https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1020412
    Called it.

    What basis does he have for not reporting? Every team in the league passed on him. Why would the Sabres trade him and retain salary? Makes zero sense. Let him sit.

    Only two explanations is A) he's decided to retire, or B) he's being a baby.

  19. #877
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    38,326
    Thanks
    8,192
    Thanked 10,978 Times in 8,054 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    90

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    Called it.

    What basis does he have for not reporting? Every team in the league passed on him. Why would the Sabres trade him and retain salary? Makes zero sense. Let him sit.

    Only two explanations is A) he's decided to retire, or B) he's being a baby.
    Probably B.

  20. Post thanked by:

    Swiper (Yesterday)

  21. #878
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked 4,621 Times in 2,960 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I've always liked Tyler Toffoli, anyone know what Kings would want?
    Sabres are not in the running for his services.

    No point in wasting the few assets Buffalo has on a UFA who will likely sign elsewhere in the offseason.

    Taffolli if/when moved will go to a current playoff team.

  22. #879
    Victimizing The Victimizer Downinfloflo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,276
    Thanks
    961
    Thanked 4,621 Times in 2,960 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    What would it take for the Sabres to pick up Eric Staal?
    He has a 10 team NT list.

    Think Buffalo is on it?

    And would he leave Minnesota for Buffalo?

  23. #880
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,234
    Thanks
    5,552
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 2,982 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    33

    Re: Sabres news and notes

    Quote Originally Posted by Downinfloflo View Post
    Sabres are not in the running for his services.

    No point in wasting the few assets Buffalo has on a UFA who will likely sign elsewhere in the offseason.

    Taffolli if/when moved will go to a current playoff team.
    And Toffoli was just traded to....Vancouver, per TSN's Darren Dreger.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •