Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: My Sabres plan B

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I think he's saying "why not both?"
    Oh yeah.

I am fine with that idea - but I think Okposo is going to get mega overpaid and there will be a lot more competition for him.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      Oh yeah.

I am fine with that idea - but I think Okposo is going to get mega overpaid and there will be a lot more competition for him.
      Bingo. I'm interested in his game, but if he's getting 6 per....
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

He's not really anything like Snyder.
        The first thing he did after acquiring the team was try to buy a championship. That's exactly like Snyder.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          The first thing he did after acquiring the team was try to buy a championship. That's exactly like Snyder.
          I would say he's more like mark cuban
          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
            I would say he's more like mark cuban
            Without the ability to speak clearly.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

He threw one at one guy, 5 years ago and now's he's exactly like Snyder?
              How many players has he "bought" since then? How many times has he interfered in the running of his team?

You're either acting like the chick who brings something that happened way in the past and can't past it or like BillsImpossible by taking the most superficial look at something possible - I'm not sure which......

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

My worry with the Lightning players is that they want to stay together for one more run and no offer is going to make anyone leave. They may think they've got it all together and need one more chance. Yes it would be better to stick it to them and make him sign for more than he otherwise, but I can't see tb players leaving at this point.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

He threw one at one guy, 5 years ago and now's he's exactly like Snyder?
                  How many players has he "bought" since then? How many times has he interfered in the running of his team?

You're either acting like the chick who brings something that happened way in the past and can't past it or like BillsImpossible by taking the most superficial look at something possible - I'm not sure which......
                  The same year we got Leino, he signed Ehrhoff and another expensive D man (can't remember and too lazy to look it up). Then we had limited cap space for a couple years until it became painfully obvious that we had to break it down and start over. The is only the second time he's had both a decent core and cap money to spend in the same season with the Sabres.

However, he did the EXACT SAME THING with the Bills last year: McCoy, Clay, Tyrod, Incognito, Harvin.... He went all in on fancy new toys that didn't yield results.

The guy's had two opportunities to spend big with the third coming tomorrow. And he's gone all in both times.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

Tyrod, Incognito and Harvin were not expensive last year. They were actually quite cheap. Clay and McCoy were, but it's no different than what most NFL teams do - i.e throwing money at players that don't always work out.

Erhoff had a 4 million cap hit and wasn't expensive. The term was long - but he wasn't expensive or a big cap hit.

The cap issues came more from Vanek, Pominville, Miller, etc who had contracts from BEFORE Pegula. Do you want to compare their cap hits to those of Leino and Erhoff?

And who is this mystery other Dman?

The problem is that you *****ed for years that these teams didn't spend money. Now they do and you complain about that. I get that some of these guys didn't work out. but that doesn't make him exactly like Snyder at all.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Tyrod, Incognito and Harvin were not expensive last year. They were actually quite cheap. Clay and McCoy were, but it's no different than what most NFL teams do - i.e throwing money at players that don't always work out.

Erhoff had a 4 million cap hit and wasn't expensive. The term was long - but he wasn't expensive or a big cap hit.

The cap issues came more from Vanek, Pominville, Miller, etc who had contracts from BEFORE Pegula. Do you want to compare their cap hits to those of Leino and Erhoff?

And who is this mystery other Dman?

The problem is that you *****ed for years that these teams didn't spend money. Now they do and you complain about that. I get that some of these guys didn't work out. but that doesn't make him exactly like Snyder at all.
                      Completely wrong. I've always said that throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away. It needs to be spent wisely.
                      Spending right up to the cap on skill players without building the line or having the right defenders for the coach's system isn't wise.

Losing out on the first biggest name and throwing money at the second biggest name isn't wise. And $4 million a season was a big contract 5 years ago.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

And Robyn Regher was the other D man I was thinking of.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Completely wrong. I've always said that throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away. It needs to be spent wisely.
                          Spending right up to the cap on skill players without building the line or having the right defenders for the coach's system isn't wise.

Losing out on the first biggest name and throwing money at the second biggest name isn't wise. And $4 million a season was a big contract 5 years ago.
                          No, $4 million a year really wasn't that huge 5 years ago. His cap hit was well down the list on the Sabres roster below players that were signed before Pegula was around (the point I made too and you ignore while it is completely relevant)

And Tyrod, Incognito and Harvin weren't expensive. That point still stands (and you ignored it)

And of course throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away. It does need to be spent wisely. That wasn't the point either.

Snyder, nearly every single year, throws money at players that is laughable. He runs the team and makes bad choices himself.

Pegula does neither of those. He's really nothing like the arrogant blowhard named Snyder.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

And Robyn Regher was the other D man I was thinking of.
                            Who also wasn't that expensive.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

No, $4 million a year really wasn't that huge 5 years ago. His cap hit was well down the list on the Sabres roster below players that were signed before Pegula was around (the point I made too and you ignore while it is completely relevant)

And Tyrod, Incognito and Harvin weren't expensive. That point still stands (and you ignored it)

And of course throwing money at a problem doesn't make it go away. It does need to be spent wisely. That wasn't the point either.

Snyder, nearly every single year, throws money at players that is laughable. He runs the team and makes bad choices himself.

Pegula does neither of those. He's really nothing like the arrogant blowhard named Snyder.
                              Throwing money at McCoy and Clay with an unproven QB and questionable OL is laughable.

Throwing money at Leino cuz he lost out on the guy he really wanted is laughable.

Pegula is not an arrogant blowhard like Snyder- I'll give you that. But he isn't any wiser than Snyder in terms of throwing money around.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Oh and as far as inheriting those other contracts: Regier was responsible but Pegula kept him around and allowed him to exascerbate the problem. Just because he didn't start the fire doesn't mean he didn't throw a lot of fuel on it.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X