• Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Dreger: okposo to sign with sabres

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
    I think Kane will be gone.
    I would be completely shocked if Kane is gone.

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid. They traded for a guy, giving up plenty of assets, that they knew was frankly a head case. To dump him after a season because, well, he's still a headcase doesn't make a whole lot of sense and would reflect badly upon their initial evaluation of him.

Comment

• rbochan
      Zamboni Driver
      • Jun 2008

Kane and Moulson for a bag of pucks.
      Get it done GM(TM)!
      ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
      it's Don't Tread On Me.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        This is Craig Rivets top 3 lines

Reinhart..Eichel...Vesey
        Kane... OReilly... Okposo
        Ennis.. Girgensons... Bailey
        Why would he put all the kids on the top line and the vets on the 2nd line?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid. They traded for a guy, giving up plenty of assets, that they knew was frankly a head case. To dump him after a season because, well, he's still a headcase doesn't make a whole lot of sense and would reflect badly upon their initial evaluation of him.
          Kane is jailbait, he is a real Dumb*** and in the grand scheme of things needs to go. I can see several more negative events coming up over the summer & then it'll look brilliant on the management's part.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
            Okposo $42 million for 6 years? or is it 7

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it.

Meanwhile, everyone hating on him seems to forget that ROR celebrated his contract with the Sabres by drunk driving through a Tim Horton's.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

It would make Murray and Pegula look completely foolish and stupid.
                That ship has sailed, regarding Kane.

What would make them look even more foolish and stupid would be the inevitable next time this happens.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it.

Meanwhile, everyone hating on him seems to forget that ROR celebrated his contract with the Sabres by drunk driving through a Tim Horton's.
                  Are you trying to say that a drunk driving charge is MUCH bigger than a possible rape or at the least a sexual misconduct charge?

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                    Are you trying to say that a drunk driving charge is MUCH bigger than a possible rape or at the least a sexual misconduct charge?
                    I think he means the incident from last summer which turned out to be a fat nothing.

As far as this incident goes, it's ugly
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
                      I'm saying the charge doesn't matter because it turned out to be false. If it were true, of course it would be a bigger deal.

I'm not one of those people who thinks athletes have to be saints and role models. I'm just pointing out that Kane is getting a lot of hate when O'Reilly did something worse and no one seems to give a ****.

Personally, I think it's racism....against O'Reilly. People don't care cuz they see his Irish last name and just assume he's getting a DUI at some point.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        I'm saying the charge doesn't matter because it turned out to be false. If it were true, of course it would be a bigger deal.

I'm not one of those people who thinks athletes have to be saints and role models. I'm just pointing out that Kane is getting a lot of hate when O'Reilly did something worse and no one seems to give a ****.

Personally, I think it's racism....against O'Reilly. People don't care cuz they see his Irish last name and just assume he's getting a DUI at some point.
                        This looks like a problem, like it might stick. It's in perpetuity that these things keep coming up as well but hey maybe he can get off everytime right ??

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Mitch stop using such big words.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                            That ship has sailed, regarding Kane.

What would make them look even more foolish and stupid would be the inevitable next time this happens.
                            No it looks even worse giving up on him after one year and dumping him now when his value is low, especially when they should have known what they were signing up for when they traded for him to begin with.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

No it looks even worse giving up on him after one year and dumping him now when his value is low, especially when they should have known what they were signing up for when they traded for him to begin with.
                              There's a difference between giving up and doing what's best for the team, this dude is not going to change and there's a better than average chance he gets himself suspended. We took a chance on him based on new scenery, he still is the same deal. Unless he finds God or comes to Jesus and says likewise, you shop him out of town.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                                There's a difference between giving up and doing what's best for the team, this dude is not going to change and there's a better than average chance he gets himself suspended. We took a chance on him based on new scenery, he still is the same deal. Unless he finds God or comes to Jesus and says likewise, you shop him out of town.
                                Nah, you hold on to him for another season or two and see if he can right the ship, if he can't then you dump him. You look stupid as an organization just giving up on him after one year and make people wonder why you even bothered getting him in the first place.

The real lesson to take is don't trade for guys who are headcases in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X