• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Dreger: okposo to sign with sabres

Not to get away from the Kane talk, but does anybody have any opinion on the Okpaso numbers?

I know some claimed he would be overpaid, it's a 6 per year average overpaying for him?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      There's a difference between giving up and doing what's best for the team, this dude is not going to change and there's a better than average chance he gets himself suspended. We took a chance on him based on new scenery, he still is the same deal. Unless he finds God or comes to Jesus and says likewise, you shop him out of town.
      His value is low right now. For what we'd get in return, it's worth taking the risk that he won't **** up again.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Not to get away from the Kane talk, but does anybody have any opinion on the Okpaso numbers?

I know some claimed he would be overpaid, it's a 6 per year average overpaying for him?
        He's a top six forward. 20+ goal guy but he gets a lot of assists. Seems like going rate these days. If they overpaid, it certainly wasn't egregious.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          He's a top six forward. 20+ goal guy but he gets a lot of assists. Seems like going rate these days. If they overpaid, it certainly wasn't egregious.
          Since OP said this, we stole him.

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Since Kane's been a Sabre, he flaked on practice after the NBA all star game and he investigated for some sex charge that turned out to be nonsense. That's it..
            Here's what I think the difference is between the previous accusation and this one: This incident happened in public, and in a part of town where there are not just plenty of surveillance cameras, but even more Millennials with phones that take video.

If he really did throttle a woman--he's a goner.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              Here's what I think the difference is between the previous accusation and this one: This incident happened in public, and in a part of town where there are not just plenty of surveillance cameras, but even more Millennials with phones that take video.

There's a chance of a conduct clause and us getting rid of him without obligations, not sure the mechanisms but there's something.

Comment

• mightysimi
                Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                • Mar 2010

Lots of assists because Tavares was on the ice. I suppose he could have the same effect with Eichel but Eichel is not Tavares yet. I was worried when I heard Winnipeg wanted him because I am always skeptical of guys who play with top notch players. 20 goals/60+pts is not terrible though. Just have to hope he can continue to produce without JT.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I like Lecter's Plan B better.
                  That being said, the contract for Okposo is probably market value, so it's not an 'OMG! We paid WHAT?!' scenario.
                  Keep Kane...he's young, he'll mature, and I'd hate to re-live (sorry for a Bill's reference in a Sabres thread) a Marshawn-type trade (and results).
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                    Lots of assists because Tavares was on the ice. I suppose he could have the same effect with Eichel but Eichel is not Tavares yet. I was worried when I heard Winnipeg wanted him because I am always skeptical of guys who play with top notch players. 20 goals/60+pts is not terrible though. Just have to hope he can continue to produce without JT.
                    He played more with Nielson. Didn't play with Tavares as much.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post

Two things:
                      First, if there's video, why don't we know about it yet, especially if there are multiple videos?

Second, from what I read, he's accused of following a woman and grabbing her by the arm or shoulder. Don't get me wrong- that's terrible behavior. But it's a far cry from "throttling" a woman.

I have a hard time believing that there's video of an NHL player "throttling" a woman from weeks ago and nothing has happened. No news stories, no public release of the video, no charges filed.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the Sabres have some guys who can score as well.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I like Lecter's Plan B better.
                        That being said, the contract for Okposo is probably market value, so it's not an 'OMG! We paid WHAT?!' scenario.
                        Keep Kane...he's young, he'll mature, and I'd hate to re-live (sorry for a Bill's reference in a Sabres thread) a Marshawn-type trade (and results).
                        Pretty sure the team could still afford Lecter's scenario if they wanted.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mightysimi
                          Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                          He played more with Nielson. Didn't play with Tavares as much.
                          Really? Granted I don't get as many eastern conference games but every time I saw him he was with Tavares. If not, that is good news for you guys.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Really? Granted I don't get as many eastern conference games but every time I saw him he was with Tavares. If not, that is good news for you guys.
                            He will have more assists than goals, I'd expect ~55 points with ~20 goals.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              He will have more assists than goals, I'd expect ~55 points with ~20 goals.
                              That's about his going rate. He doesn't need to score 30 if he puts up 20 and 50-60 assists. Career, he's a .88 point per game player and those numbers are consistent with that.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ckg927
                                Not quite Best in the World....
                                • Aug 2012

Couple of notes:

First, the deal's front-loaded; Okposo will be paid $8M/season for the first 2. The middle 3 years, it'll be $6M/season. And $4M/season for the last 2(as per John Vogl of the News.)

Second, the chance to win a Cup in Buffalo sold Okposo on the Sabres...

Kyle Okposo wants to win a Stanley Cup. He believes he can do it with the Buffalo Sabres. Okposo left the New York Islanders on Friday, signing a seven-year deal with Buffalo reportedly worth $42 million. "What sold me was the chance to win a Stanley Cup," Okposo said, according to the Times Herald's Bill Hoppe. "I think we have a lot of pieces in play that can help us achieve that goal." Kyle Okposo talked with Matt Moulson, Drew Stafford and Thomas Vanek before signing with Sabres and liked everything he heard.— John Vogl (@BuffNewsVogl) July 1, 2016 The Sabres are rebuilding, but landing Okposo - who's posted 50 or more points in each of the last three seasons, and 60 or more in two of the last three - is a coup. He was one of the most coveted free-agent forwards on the market.While he enjoyed his time playing alongside John Tavares, Okposo is looking forward to playing with Jack Eichel. "He's got superstar status, and you definitely need that to win a Stanley Cup," he said. Okposo added that there were no negotiations between his camp and the Islanders upon the conclusion of the season.
                                John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                                David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

Working...
                                X