Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaq Lawson update...

SpikedLemonade

Re: Shaq Lawson update...

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November.

Kind of disappointed to say the least.
    Doug Whaley will be fired at the end of this year.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Shaw Lawson update...

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Someone made the claim about the longer recovery time on a radio show this morning. Coach Sal refuted it and said the original 4-6 game time frame was most likely.

I don't know who to believe but I don't think it matters much. Even if it's just 4 games, we'll be lucky to be 1-3 by the time he comes back. I just hope he can get a few games in so he can get over the rookie learning curve now and be ready for next year.
    You are right.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,089 Times in 3,570 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Again, the Ravens aren't as bad as they appeared last year. They had a brutal schedule and a ton of injuries.

The Bills have done well against the Jets, but it's a night game on a short week. And the Patriots own us but somehow that "one team owns the other" logic doesn't apply there? Come on. There are countless times when the Pats were mired in injuries and they still whopped us, including without Brady twice. And it's in Foxboro. IIRC, the only time the Bills have ever won there was when the game was meaningless for them.
    The Ravens probably won't be much better this year. Sure they had some injuries, but they weren't playing well during the first half of the season (going 2-6) when most of their players were still healthy. And Suggs, who missed almost the entire season, is coming back from an achilles injury, which is a tough injury to come back from for a young guy, much less one who is 33 (it's worse for Steve Smith Sr., who is 37).

You do realize the Jets are also playing on a short week and the game is in Buffalo, right? Huge advantage Bills.

And the Pats have owned the Bills...with Brady at QB. He's a HOF'er. Garroopppollo is not even close.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,296 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    The Ravens probably won't be much better this year. Sure they had some injuries, but they weren't playing well during the first half of the season (going 2-6) when most of their players were still healthy. And Suggs, who missed almost the entire season, is coming back from an achilles injury, which is a tough injury to come back from for a young guy, much less one who is 33 (it's worse for Steve Smith Sr., who is 37).

You do realize the Jets are also playing on a short week and the game is in Buffalo, right? Huge advantage Bills.

And the Pats have owned the Bills...with Brady at QB. He's a HOF'er. Garroopppollo is not even close.
    Yeah yeah... Every time we play the Pats, "so and so is injured and that gives us a huge advantage" and they whoop us anyway. Pats are 2-0 against the Bills without Brady since he became the starter. Bills have a terrible record in Foxboro.

You are underselling the challenges of the Ravens' schedule when they went 2-6. It's in their house, first game of the year.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    Nothing new, the Bills like wasting 1st round picks.
    I wasn't aware that we were obligated to release him after the season.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I edited the thread title for spelling.
    Well, you're no fun.

A friend of mine close to the situation tells me that Ronald Trump will be the next President.

7. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (07-21-2016),YardRat (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,454 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope he can make it back for at least 6-8 games that will get him enough snaps to gain some needed playing time and get his rookie learning curve accelerated as Op says.

Couldn't care less about his numbers this year, just want him to get some snaps in and get back to full health.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even if it's just 4 games, we'll be lucky to be 1-3 by the time he comes back.
    I may not have that much confidence in Rexy getting us to the SB but cmon , we can beat the Ravens and especially the jets. Thats just crazy but then again I forget who I am quoting

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Brandon and Whaley both ****ing suck.

11. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (07-21-2016),WagonCircler (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I may not have that much confidence in Rexy getting us to the SB but cmon , we can beat the Ravens and especially the jets. Thats just crazy but then again I forget who I am quoting
    For the third time: the Ravens got screwed by injuries and the schedule last year. And it's the opener in their house. It's not going to be a win.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For the third time: the Ravens got screwed by injuries and the schedule last year. And it's the opener in their house. It's not going to be a win.
    Ok. but the jets without Fitz at buffalo? We'll be "lucky" to beat them?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok. but the jets without Fitz at buffalo? We'll be "lucky" to beat them?
    Night game on a short week. A home opener loss on national TV to his former team would be crazy embarrassing for Rex. Of the first 4, this is the most likely win, but it's also the kind of game the Bills usually blow.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,941 Times in 3,493 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE View Post
    I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now.
    Your friends are confused. This has nothing to do with his rehab, I can tell you from personal experience

Thanks
    Thanked 5,089 Times in 3,570 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah yeah... Every time we play the Pats, "so and so is injured and that gives us a huge advantage" and they whoop us anyway. Pats are 2-0 against the Bills without Brady since he became the starter. Bills have a terrible record in Foxboro.

You are underselling the challenges of the Ravens' schedule when they went 2-6. It's in their house, first game of the year.
    Brady is more than a "so and so" player. And they don't have anywhere near the talent that 2008 team did.

And the Ravens' first-half schedule included losses to the Browns, 49'ers, and Chargers, who were a combined 9-36 if you remove their wins over the Ravens. Suffice it to say, their problems had little to do with injuries and schedule.

Night game on a short week. A home opener loss on national TV to his former team would be crazy embarrassing for Rex. Of the first 4, this is the most likely win, but it's also the kind of game the Bills usually blow.
    Again, it's a short week for both teams. Why you keep mentioning it as if it's just a short week for the Bills is anyone's guess? It's the home opener for the Bills and as such they'll have far more motivation than they did when they faced the Jets at the end of both teams' seasons.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Brady is more than a "so and so" player. And they don't have anywhere near the talent that 2008 team did.

And the Ravens' first-half schedule included losses to the Browns, 49'ers, and Chargers, who were a combined 9-36 if you remove their wins over the Ravens. Suffice it to say, their problems had little to do with injuries and schedule.

Again, it's a short week for both teams. Why you keep mentioning it as if it's just a short week for the Bills is anyone's guess? It's the home opener for the Bills and as such they'll have far more motivation than they did when they faced the Jets at the end of both teams' seasons.
    You conveniently neglected that those losses to the 49ers and Chargers were on consecutive WC road trips, and conveniently threw out the wins over the Ravens to make the teams look worse.

And you don't think the Jets will be motivated to beat their old coach and a div rival in their home opener on national TV?

Also, I'm not sure if being "motivated" is a good thing for a Rex Ryan team. It seems to mean the same thing as "playing on pure adrenaline and taking even more stupid penalties than usual."

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Remember when OP predicted the Bills to start 0-3 last year with a point differential of -74? He was only off by 2 wins and 106 points...in 3 games.

19. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (07-21-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    Remember when OP predicted the Bills to start 0-3 last year with a point differential of -74? He was only off by 2 wins and 106 points...in 3 games.
    Did I actually say that? Usually I don't make predictions beyond W-L.

But my track record for predicting W-L on this website has been fairly accurate. I usually have it within one and last year was the first time I was really off. A couple of times I even predicted one MORE win than we ended up with.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Did I actually say that? Usually I don't make predictions beyond W-L.

But my track record for predicting W-L on this website has been fairly accurate. I usually have it within one and last year was the first time I was really off. A couple of times I even predicted one MORE win than we ended up with.
    Picking losing season after 16 years of crap doesn't make you a genius or a Savant, it makes you a realist.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We just swept them with their no. 1 qb. WTF are you yapping about ? It's also a short week for them . Like you said earlier about the ravens , it is our home opener.You're arguing with yourself as usual.

Don't give me it's usually a game the bills blow. If this is so, care to place an avatar wager?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Picking losing season after 16 years of crap doesn't make you a genius or a Savant, it makes you a realist.
    That's what I've been trying to say for years. Yet, people like justa and Gooby always argue with me when I predict losses.