Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaq Lawson update...

Thanks
    Thanked 26,298 Times in 13,728 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Shaq Lawson update...

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    The Bills record the last 4 years in night games is 3-3 middle of the road but not epically bad as OPIV seems to think and 3 wins destroys his "one time is the exception" notion
    It was epically bad for a long time before that. It hasn't been better than mediocre in forever. Maybe it's starting to even out to be consistent with how the team plays in afternoon games, but again, I'll believe it when I see it.

May Day and Spring 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just hope that he can get back to his job. As you never want to see people like that hurt. God speed Shaq!
    ​Ready for NFL Draft!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    It was epically bad for a long time before that. It hasn't been better than mediocre in forever. Maybe it's starting to even out to be consistent with how the team plays in afternoon games, but again, I'll believe it when I see it.
    You said averaging out ?? Are you feeling ok ? Maybe our playoff appearances might as well, right ?

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Shaw Lawson update...

Did I actually say that? Usually I don't make predictions beyond W-L.
    You did.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4128983

Colts 38-3. Reality check coming on strong
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4132327

35-7 Pats. Chandler has at least 1 TD. Miserable showing from Taylor.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4135748

Miami 24-13.

Talent wise we are better than them but the game's in their house and it's going to be hot. The Bills seem to have trouble in early season games in FL. I also think they are still recovering from that ego bruise they got last week and won't be up for the game.
    You even go as far as saying we are a better team than Miami, but can't actually convince yourself that we'll win. You always have an excuse as to why we'll lose, whether it be too hot, too cold, too rainy, too dry, too short of a week, too soon in the season, too late in the season, too close to the middle of the season, too close to our bye week, too far from our bye week, west coast game, east coast game, no good on the road, no good at home, trap game, bad matchups, playing against a QB who runs too much, our QB runs too much, hurt egos, too cocky, revenge against our coach, our coach being too vengeful, lack of emotion, too much emotion, lack of discipline, lack of sleep, hangnails, hemorrhoids, or otherwise.

You might predict our season win record to be about 40-50% W/L percentage, but when it comes to individual game predictions I would guess that you're probably closer to 15-25%.

5. Post thanked by:

IlluminatusUIUC (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
    You did.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4128983

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4132327

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...=1#post4135748

You even go as far as saying we are a better team than Miami, but can't actually convince yourself that we'll win. You always have an excuse as to why we'll lose, whether it be too hot, too cold, too rainy, too dry, too short of a week, too soon in the season, too late in the season, too close to the middle of the season, too close to our bye week, too far from our bye week, west coast game, east coast game, no good on the road, no good at home, trap game, bad matchups, playing against a QB who runs too much, our QB runs too much, hurt egos, too cocky, revenge against our coach, our coach being too vengeful, lack of emotion, too much emotion, lack of discipline, lack of sleep, hangnails, hemorrhoids, or otherwise.

You might predict our season win record to be about 40-50% W/L percentage, but when it comes to individual game predictions I would guess that you're probably closer to 15-25%.
    Yeah, it's just me having an excuse why we'll lose. It's not like this team ever loses games they should win or anything...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, it's just me having an excuse why we'll lose. It's not like this team ever loses games they should win or anything...
    Is there a team in any sport that can't say that?

I mean, listen to yourself. This is what you said about the Bills playing against a 5-11 team.

For the third time: the Ravens got screwed by injuries and the schedule last year. And it's the opener in their house. It's not going to be a win.
    You give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt, and give us no chance? C'mon. No chance?!

This is what you said about a team we went 2-0 against last year who is now without their starting QB from that year. We're also on a 5 game winning streak against them.

Night game on a short week. A home opener loss on national TV to his former team would be crazy embarrassing for Rex. Of the first 4, this is the most likely win, but it's also the kind of game the Bills usually blow.
    You're already assuming we're going to blow it, even though it's our most likely win. You won't say it's a likely win, you just say that it's our best shot at a win. Really stepping out on a limb there. My favorite part is how the Jets benefit from having the same short we as we do.

NE is a L even without Brady (especially since our only pass-rushing threat is Hughes and they'll game plan around him). Remember, they beat us 2x without him the year he was hurt.
    This is great. We're going to lose to a team with a complete unknown at the most important position in all of team sports because of 1 player on the Bills who won't have a good game and the fact that the Patriots beat us twice 8 years ago. Nice logic.

Maybe we go 1-3, maybe we go 0-4, but the logic behind your predictions and how adamant you are about us losing is laughable.

8. Post thanked by:

ICRockets (07-23-2016),IlluminatusUIUC (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

but the logic behind your predictions and how adamant you are about us losing is laughable.
    I think he frames some of his thinking and notions and trends from the Jauron and Gailey years... They Bills are 3 full years removed from Gaileys last year... the best example is his perception of the night games holding true to a past trend and not being aware in the last 4 years that trend no longer exists..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...t=#post4202915

In regards to the topic, this being a bad 1st round pick IMO from day one. As usual, the Bills are always "smarter" than everyone else. Whaley should be fired. Even the freaking announcers knew this guy needed surgery.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,469 Times in 7,086 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills record the last 4 years in night games is 3-3 middle of the road but not epically bad as OPIV seems to think and 3 wins destroys his "one time is the exception" notion
    Op thinks everything bad (ONLY) that happened under a different coaching staff in the past applies to today's team. However , everything GOOD that happened under a different coaching staff does not. Stupid logic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think he frames some of his thinking and notions and trends from the Jauron and Gailey years... They Bills are 3 full years removed from Gaileys last year... the best example is his perception of the night games holding true to a past trend and not being aware in the last 4 years that trend no longer exists..
    You're probably right. He did say that we won't win against the Pats week 4 of the 2016 season because of what happened in 2008.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I mean, listen to yourself. This is what you said about the Bills playing against a 5-11 team.

You give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt, and give us no chance? C'mon. No chance?!

This is what you said about a team we went 2-0 against last year who is now without their starting QB from that year. We're also on a 5 game winning streak against them.

You're already assuming we're going to blow it, even though it's our most likely win. You won't say it's a likely win, you just say that it's our best shot at a win. Really stepping out on a limb there. My favorite part is how the Jets benefit from having the same short we as we do.

This is great. We're going to lose to a team with a complete unknown at the most important position in all of team sports because of 1 player on the Bills who won't have a good game and the fact that the Patriots beat us twice 8 years ago. Nice logic.

Maybe we go 1-3, maybe we go 0-4, but the logic behind your predictions and how adamant you are about us losing is laughable.
    I don't have time to address this now but that is not an accurate description of my logic at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wanted Ragland @19 and Nkemdiche in the 2nd but Nkemdiche was gone before the 2nd round started... You would think a coach on the hot seat would want his 1st round pick to be ready to play from the get go

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't have time to address this now but that is not an accurate description of my logic at all.
    Did I misquote you? Sometimes my copy and paste function changes the statement entirely.

16. Post thanked by:

ICRockets (07-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt because THEY'VE EARNED IT. They are a team that usually does very well but had a down year. That's the complete opposite of the Bills.

So wait, did I assume we are going to blow it, or did I say it's our best shot at a win? You're contradicting yourself there.

And if you read this full thread, you'll see I DID say it's our most likely win, in posts 41 and 53. And no, I didn't commit to saying we will win this game. They've proven time and time again that they can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm never confident that this team is going to win, no matter how bad the opponent. That won't change until they prove they can win consistently.

That is a gross oversimplification of what I said. The best chance to win that game is to get after that "complete unknown," but with only one real pass rush threat, we won't be able to do that. And it's not just one player having a bad game. Their talent level is still well above ours.

Remember, Cassel was a "complete unknown" the year Brady was hurt and he beat us twice. The Patriots have beat us time and time again with a litany of injuries. They've beaten us with 3rd string RB's and WR's playing DB. No matter what the situation is, Bellicheck figures this team out (or cheats, or both).

I find it laughable that people still think we are going to beat a team that has absolutely owned us for the last 16 years or so. Seriously, you're harping on how we beat the Jets 5x in a row but you seem to forget we've only beaten NE 3x since 2003 and one of those was a game where they were resting starters.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I give the Ravens the benefit of the doubt because THEY'VE EARNED IT. They are a team that usually does very well but had a down year. That's the complete opposite of the Bills.
    The Ravens have averaged less than 8 wins per season over the last 3 years. The 2016 Ravens have earned nothing.

So wait, did I assume we are going to blow it, or did I say it's our best shot at a win? You're contradicting yourself there.
    You said both, like I said.

And if you read this full thread, you'll see I DID say it's our most likely win, in posts 41 and 53.
    I know, that's what I said you said.

I also said that there's a difference between saying the Bills will 'likely win' and the Bills have their 'most likely win.' It means nothing. We can play NE 3 times and the Cardinals once. The Cards are the most likely win, but that doesn't mean they are a likely win.

And no, I didn't commit to saying we will win this game.
    I know, you're being wishy washy about that game.

That is a gross oversimplification of what I said. The best chance to win that game is to get after that "complete unknown," but with only one real pass rush threat, we won't be able to do that. And it's not just one player having a bad game. Their talent level is still well above ours.
    That's debatable at least, without Brady.

Remember, Cassel was a "complete unknown" the year Brady was hurt and he beat us twice.
    Yeah, 1 year removed from having probably the best team in NFL history. Their team is different and our team is different, it means nothing.

The Patriots have beat us time and time again with a litany of injuries. They've beaten us with 3rd string RB's and WR's playing DB. No matter what the situation is, Bellicheck figures this team out (or cheats, or both).
    Sure.

I find it laughable that people still think we are going to beat a team that has absolutely owned us for the last 16 years or so.
    I don't think the Bills will beat New England this year. I'm at least going to give them a chance, though. My predictions are not far off from yours, you just don't seem to think the Bills have a chance in hell of winning most of their first 4 games. Just the same as last year, when your predictions weren't even close.

Seriously, you're harping on how we beat the Jets 5x in a row but you seem to forget we've only beaten NE 3x since 2003 and one of those was a game where they were resting starters.
    I guess you could consider me stating a single sentence about it as 'harping.'

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

another thread hijacked by people arguing with OP.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    another thread hijacked by people arguing with OP.
    If we didn't argue, the thread would've been dead long time ago.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    If we didn't argue, the thread would've been dead long time ago.
    Quite correct. This site is where we release some of our jerkiness...which is a benefit to those around us in the real world. Much better to stomp our feet and whine here than on something like Facebook.

A catharsis, I would say.
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 07-22-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

22. Post thanked by:

justasportsfan (07-22-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Quite correct. This site is where we release all our jerkiness...to the betterment of those around us.
    I can't remember a more quite offseason than we have this year here on BZ. It's like hardly anyone talks football anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,883 Times in 4,053 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I can't remember a more quite offseason than we have this year here on BZ. It's like hardly anyone talks football anymore.
    It's a combination of it being an election year and the fact that literally none of us like Rex Ryan.

25. Post thanked by:

swiper (07-23-2016),trapezeus (07-25-2016)