• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Shaq Lawson update...

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

And you don't think the Jets will be motivated to beat their old coach and a div rival in their home opener on national TV?

"
    The jets lost to Rex on national TV last year on a Thursday night in Metlife Stadium.. And they lost to Rex with a playoff berth on the line... 0-2

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Shaw Lawson update...

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
      Yes you're very likely right... OPIV predicted Indy would beat Buffalo 38-3 and he predicted Miami would beat Buffalo 24-13.. Someone on this site once said they would love it if OPIV was his bookie he would be a millionaire 10x over

And what is this short week and night game **** paranoia against the Jets.. Last year the Bills went into Metlife Stadium on a Thursday night game with 3 days rest and beat the Jets
      So one night win overrides all the ****ty night game performances of the past? I'll believe this team can perform in night games the same way they perform in afternoon games when they prove it more than 1x.

And it's amazing how everyone remembers the games I got wrong but forgets about the dozens I've gotten right, despite everyone arguing with me.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. When all else fails, rely on the BZ mantra of using the exception to prove the rule.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

The jets lost to Rex on national TV last year on a Thursday night in Metlife Stadium.. And they lost to Rex with a playoff berth on the line... 0-2
        oops! Looks like his arguments are going down the toilet.

He should com up with something else.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

So one night win overrides all the ****ty night game performances of the past? I'll believe this team can perform in night games the same way they perform in afternoon games when they prove it more than 1x.
          someones getting desperate.
          well if crappy performances of the past under a different coaching staff makes your argument, then we're going to 4 straight superbowls.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            someones getting desperate.
            well if crappy performances of the past under a different coaching staff makes your argument, then we're going to 4 straight superbowls.
            Lots of the guys who are still here were part of those ****ty night game performances and Red's sample size is too small to draw conclusions. I take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

You conveniently neglected that those losses to the 49ers and Chargers were on consecutive WC road trips, and conveniently threw out the wins over the Ravens to make the teams look worse.

And you don't think the Jets will be motivated to beat their old coach and a div rival in their home opener on national TV?

Also, I'm not sure if being "motivated" is a good thing for a Rex Ryan team. It seems to mean the same thing as "playing on pure adrenaline and taking even more stupid penalties than usual."
              The Ravens lost to the Browns at home, then traveled to the 49'ers, stayed there to play the Cards, and came home for the Chargers. Stop with the excuses there. And yeah I threw out the wins over the Ravens to show you how poor those teams were. But fine, if you think 12-36 helps your argument, knock yourself out.

If the Jets didn't have motivation to beat their old coach at home earlier in the season, much less with the playoffs on the line at the end of the season, why would anyone have any faith in them doing it when the season is just starting and both teams are in contention (or not out of contention if you prefer), and the Bills are at home? And the Bills were motivated to beat the Jets last year, and did.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Lots of the guys who are still here were part of those ****ty night game performances and Red's sample size is too small to draw conclusions. I take the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach. They haven't earned the benefit of the doubt.
                they already swept the jets. you are not giving the bills the benefit of a doubt but you are giving the team they swept recently the benefit of a doubt? I always knew you got screwed with your college degree. You need to ask for a refund. You're not making sense .

Not taking the bet I see. Thought so
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  The Ravens lost to the Browns at home, then traveled to the 49'ers, stayed there to play the Cards, and came home for the Chargers. Stop with the excuses there. And yeah I threw out the wins over the Ravens to show you how poor those teams were. But fine, if you think 12-36 helps your argument, knock yourself out.

If the Jets didn't have motivation to beat their old coach at home earlier in the season, much less with the playoffs on the line at the end of the season, why would anyone have any faith in them doing it when the season is just starting and both teams are in contention (or not out of contention if you prefer), and the Bills are at home? And the Bills were motivated to beat the Jets last year, and did.
                  You are under rating the Ravens but I'm not gonna argue the same points over and over. Just wait and see.

And the issue isn't faith in the Jets. I said this is the most likely in the first four games. But it's also the type of game that the Bills tend to lose. On paper they should win but I lack faith in them to not blow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  they already swept the jets. you are not giving the bills the benefit of a doubt but you are giving the team they swept recently the benefit of a doubt? I always knew you got screwed with your college degree. You need to ask for a refund. You're not making sense .

Not taking the bet I see. Thought so
                  You're asking me to bet against the Bills in the only game in the first 4 I think they should win. I'm not going to bet against my own opinion.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

You are under rating the Ravens but I'm not gonna argue the same points over and over. Just wait and see.
                    qw
                    If they suffered a load of injuries in the first half of the season, I'd be more inclined to believe you. But the only player of import they lost early was Suggs. If he alone was enough to derail that team during that first half, it doesn't bode well for them considering he's coming back from a torn achilles and likely will never be the same player again. And what of the Bills' numerous injuries last year? But yes, we'll have to agree to wait and see.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

You're asking me to bet against the Bills in the only game in the first 4 I think they should win. I'm not going to bet against my own opinion.
                      your opinion is that we would be lucky to beat them . Your words , not mine. If you want to admit you were just being dramatical in saying that then just admit it.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        qw
                        If they suffered a load of injuries in the first half of the season, I'd be more inclined to believe you. But the only player of import they lost early was Suggs. If he alone was enough to derail that team during that first half, it doesn't bode well for them considering he's coming back from a torn achilles and likely will never be the same player again. And what of the Bills' numerous injuries last year? But yes, we'll have to agree to wait and see.
                        It's amazing to me that some Bills fans want to say that other teams looked bad because of injuries, and in the same breath say that Injuries on the Bills are just an excuse for not being successful.

I call that hypocrisy.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          It's amazing to me that some Bills fans want to say that other teams looked bad because of injuries, and in the same breath say that Injuries on the Bills are just an excuse for not being successful.

I call that hypocrisy.
                          Injuries are a huge frustration though.

To be fair, I don't follow other teams enough to really know if our injuries are better or worse than theirs. But it seems like every year, we get killed by injuries. Different players, coaches, training staffs, FO's- but same results. There's no good explanation for it.

But, in terms of the Ravens, they are generally a good team that had a really off year due partially to an uncharacteristic number of injuries. That's not a very good comparison to a team like the Bills that perennially struggles and perennially has injuries.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                            • Feb 2009

The Bills have beat the Jets in 2 night games 2 straight years 2014 and 2015... November 24 2014 the Bills beat the Jets in Detroit 38-3 on a Monday night

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

The Bills have beat the Jets in 2 night games 2 straight years 2014 and 2015... November 24 2014 the Bills beat the Jets in Detroit 38-3 on a Monday night
                              But the jets were coached by Rex in 2014.that doesnt count.

- Opiv
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                                • Feb 2009

The Bills record the last 4 years in night games is 3-3 middle of the road but not epically bad as OPIV seems to think and 3 wins destroys his "one time is the exception" notion

Comment

Working...
                                X