• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Shaq Lawson update...

Looking at the schedule again, I'm thinking 3-6 at the break. Even with my doubts, I'll call the home opener a win, and there is no excuse for not beating SF at home. The Rams aren't good, but the WC road trip is tough, and we should beat the Fish, but it is in their house. I'll say we take one of those two.

The rest are losses.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICRockets
      Childish Fake Voter
      • Jul 2008

I'm not even going to try to guess our record. I love our offense, I hate our head coach. No clue how to reconcile those 2 things to make a prediction that sounds accurate.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Re: Shaw Lawson update...

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        NE is a L even without Brady (especially since our only pass-rushing threat is Hughes and they'll game plan around him). Remember, they beat us 2x without him the year he was hurt.

Balt isn't what they once were, but they are not as bad as they seemed last year. The schedule and injuries ****ed them. And the opener in their house? L.

The travel may **** with AZ but they are a better team than us. L

The only possible win I see is over the Jets, and with a short week and this team's historical struggles in night games, that's not even a guarantee.
        The Ravens are a shell of their former selves. Flacco's contract has hamstrung them and their talent has eroded thanks to that, uncharacteristically poor drafting by Ozzie, age, and FA defections.

Without Brady, the Pats are beatable. Garroppoolloo is a nobody and the Bills will feast on him.

The Bills own the Jets. It will be even worse if Geno starts.

They'll lose at Arizona for sure.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
          The Ravens are a shell of their former selves. Flacco's contract has hamstrung them and their talent has eroded thanks to that, uncharacteristically poor drafting by Ozzie, age, and FA defections.

Without Brady, the Pats are beatable. Garroppoolloo is a nobody and the Bills will feast on him.

The Bills own the Jets. It will be even worse if Geno starts.

They'll lose at Arizona for sure.
          Again, the Ravens aren't as bad as they appeared last year. They had a brutal schedule and a ton of injuries.

The Bills have done well against the Jets, but it's a night game on a short week. And the Patriots own us but somehow that "one team owns the other" logic doesn't apply there? Come on. There are countless times when the Pats were mired in injuries and they still whopped us, including without Brady twice. And it's in Foxboro. IIRC, the only time the Bills have ever won there was when the game was meaningless for them.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
            I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November.

Kind of disappointed to say the least.
            Nothing new, the Bills like wasting 1st round picks.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
              I know there are conflicting reports on when Lawson will be back but I can tell you that he will not be playing this year. I talked to two friends close to the situation and he's literally working on swinging his arm 6 inches back and forth right now. He'll be lucky to be lifting in November.

Kind of disappointed to say the least.
              Doug Whaley will be fired at the end of this year.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Someone made the claim about the longer recovery time on a radio show this morning. Coach Sal refuted it and said the original 4-6 game time frame was most likely.

I don't know who to believe but I don't think it matters much. Even if it's just 4 games, we'll be lucky to be 1-3 by the time he comes back. I just hope he can get a few games in so he can get over the rookie learning curve now and be ready for next year.
                You are right.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Again, the Ravens aren't as bad as they appeared last year. They had a brutal schedule and a ton of injuries.

The Bills have done well against the Jets, but it's a night game on a short week. And the Patriots own us but somehow that "one team owns the other" logic doesn't apply there? Come on. There are countless times when the Pats were mired in injuries and they still whopped us, including without Brady twice. And it's in Foxboro. IIRC, the only time the Bills have ever won there was when the game was meaningless for them.
                  The Ravens probably won't be much better this year. Sure they had some injuries, but they weren't playing well during the first half of the season (going 2-6) when most of their players were still healthy. And Suggs, who missed almost the entire season, is coming back from an achilles injury, which is a tough injury to come back from for a young guy, much less one who is 33 (it's worse for Steve Smith Sr., who is 37).

You do realize the Jets are also playing on a short week and the game is in Buffalo, right? Huge advantage Bills.

And the Pats have owned the Bills...with Brady at QB. He's a HOF'er. Garroopppollo is not even close.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                    The Ravens probably won't be much better this year. Sure they had some injuries, but they weren't playing well during the first half of the season (going 2-6) when most of their players were still healthy. And Suggs, who missed almost the entire season, is coming back from an achilles injury, which is a tough injury to come back from for a young guy, much less one who is 33 (it's worse for Steve Smith Sr., who is 37).

You do realize the Jets are also playing on a short week and the game is in Buffalo, right? Huge advantage Bills.

And the Pats have owned the Bills...with Brady at QB. He's a HOF'er. Garroopppollo is not even close.
                    Yeah yeah... Every time we play the Pats, "so and so is injured and that gives us a huge advantage" and they whoop us anyway. Pats are 2-0 against the Bills without Brady since he became the starter. Bills have a terrible record in Foxboro.

You are underselling the challenges of the Ravens' schedule when they went 2-6. It's in their house, first game of the year.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                      Nothing new, the Bills like wasting 1st round picks.
                      I wasn't aware that we were obligated to release him after the season.
                      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• feldspar
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I edited the thread title for spelling.
                        Well, you're no fun.

A friend of mine close to the situation tells me that Ronald Trump will be the next President.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

I hope he can make it back for at least 6-8 games that will get him enough snaps to gain some needed playing time and get his rookie learning curve accelerated as Op says.

Couldn't care less about his numbers this year, just want him to get some snaps in and get back to full health.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Even if it's just 4 games, we'll be lucky to be 1-3 by the time he comes back.
                            I may not have that much confidence in Rexy getting us to the SB but cmon , we can beat the Ravens and especially the jets. Thats just crazy but then again I forget who I am quoting
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BuffRanger
                              • Sep 2004

Brandon and Whaley both ****ing suck.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                                I may not have that much confidence in Rexy getting us to the SB but cmon , we can beat the Ravens and especially the jets. Thats just crazy but then again I forget who I am quoting
                                For the third time: the Ravens got screwed by injuries and the schedule last year. And it's the opener in their house. It's not going to be a win.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X