Foles is being released, should the Bills get him ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: Foles is being released, should the Bills get him ???

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Where exactly does EJ fit ?
    He has never played well when called upon.
    He moves. They don't want a pocket passer behind that line standing there. Is EJ good ? No. Does Foles, whatever illusion you have about him, hold up behind the less than redoubtable right side of that line ? No.

You can't expect Peyton Manning to run like Cam Newton, or Russell Wilson to stand in the pocket forever like Carson Palmer. You can't expect Fitzpatrick to sling balls 60 yards in the air like Roethlisberger, like you can't expect a short precision passing game to work for Robert Griffin.

Imho.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Don't understand people here. Who gives a crap if he's a pocket passer? He's the backup QB which is a huge upgrade over EJ who downright sucks. Kyle Orton did pretty ok here being a pocket passer.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
        Don't understand people here. Who gives a crap if he's a pocket passer? He's the backup QB which is a huge upgrade over EJ who downright sucks. Kyle Orton did pretty ok here being a pocket passer.
        I'd rather have Kyle Orton versus EJ right now.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          I'd rather have Kyle Orton versus EJ right now.
          Again, we'd be screwed if we had to use either of them.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

1. Foles sucks
            2. He fits the scheme as well as Matt Cassell did last year.
            3. Foles sucks

He is soooo good that he had one lucky season, the Eagles had to trade him away for an injured Sam Bradford, then he promptly stunk up the joint and was replaced by Case ****** Keenum, and his franchise gave away the farm to trade up in the draft to get a real QB, and kicked him to the curb, instead of releasing Case ****ing Keenum.

Yeah, he's great. Bring him in.
            Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 07-29-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I think the plan is to keep EJ as the back up for one more year and then develop Jones to be the back up next year.

In the end I think Roman is getting rid of the QB position anyways and having 20 rb's on the roster.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I think the Bills will look at other teams vet QB's who may be on the bubble during camp.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  I think the Bills will look at other teams vet QB's who may be on the bubble during camp.
                  Here's the list of QBs in the NFL. Darned if I know who is available and worth it. BUF's not the only club scratching their head, I suppose.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Mace
                    Haha...yeah you think so ?
                    • Mar 2013

I don't get your reasoning. He's a two time failure in compatible systems who fits our system like tits on a bull, but you don't get why he doesn't belong here because you want just anyone being a backup qb regardless of whether he has a prayer of succeeding. If you didn't notice it's a different offense from Kyle Orton/Marrone, you sort of think none of the details matter any, which honestly makes you watch games blankly, without any real comprehension, not like football even takes a whole lot.

We already have a body to fill the spot, regardless of chance of success, don't we ?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                      I don't get your reasoning. He's a two time failure in compatible systems who fits our system like tits on a bull, but you don't get why he doesn't belong here because you want just anyone being a backup qb regardless of whether he has a prayer of succeeding. If you didn't notice it's a different offense from Kyle Orton/Marrone, you sort of think none of the details matter any, which honestly makes you watch games blankly, without any real comprehension, not like football even takes a whole lot.

We already have a body to fill the spot, regardless of chance of success, don't we ?
                      Uhhh that was a bunch of wasted typing.

Maybe while your criticizing people's aptitude you should replay the Jaguars game from last season. The back-up QBs job is to win enough games to keep you alive while the starter is temporarily out.
                      Last edited by HHURRICANE; 07-30-2016, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Uhhh that was a bunch of wasted typing.

Maybe while your criticizing people's aptitude you should replay the Jaguars game from last season. The back-up QBs job is to win enough games to keep you alive while the starter is temporarily out.
                        EJ lost us that game in about a 2 minute span, he's a complete choke job.

Comment

• mdcas22
                          the mouth of the south
                          • Aug 2015

if E.J duz play this year and some how gets hurt then that 5th year option kicks in and the Bills will dish out around 15 million for him to ride the pine's. I'd cut him and take my loss;s and sign if not Foles but a guy that is capable. This all sounds like Rex not wanting anything to distract his boy (tt). nothing wrong with bettering the position, they will sign any position but QB like water or at least have signed a many this off season and cut a lot, I can't keep up with all the signings and cuts but not the QB position.

Comment

• Swiper
                            • Sep 2010

Foles to Chiefs. Despite losing Chase Daniels they still have a couple of good young QBs on their roster. One my go now with this signing. Aaron Murray and Tyler Bray watch is on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/04/nick-foles-picks-the-chiefs/

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mdcas22 View Post
                              if E.J duz play this year and some how gets hurt then that 5th year option kicks in and the Bills will dish out around 15 million for him
                              That can't be true.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                                That can't be true.
                                It isn't. The fifth year option is a team option that a team can exercise on its 1st rounders after season 3. It is guaranteed for injury, but the Bills already declined to use it. EJ is on the last year of his deal.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X