Thread: Baby Bombers

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Baby Bombers

Watching the Yankees over the past couple of weeks has been more fun than any time in recent memory. The infusion of young talent has been amazing to watch and knowing that the farm system has even more talent in the pipeline brings different perspective to he games.

I feel like the Sabres will show similar energy this season, regardless of whether they sign Vesey or not.

It's been a long drought. I can't wait to for the season to start.

2. Post thanked by:

ckg927 (08-18-2016),JATMtheJATM (08-16-2016)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,515 Times in 4,889 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Baby Bombers

I agree with this. And I really think the Sabres...IF everything goes the way we think it does...will at least content for a wild card spot this season, if not a playoff spot.

Memo to the Bills: THIS is how you do a rebuild.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

4. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (08-18-2016)

Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin' Buffalogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,034 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yanks finally got their act together. I like Gleyber but was really hoping they would pull Eloy Jimenez from the cubs instead. He's got superstar potential.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,508 Times in 12,046 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wasn't the yanks cupboard completely barren prior to the deadline?
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Wasn't the yanks cupboard completely barren prior to the deadline?
    No. The guys making noise right now, Sanchez, Austin and Judge are all homegrown studs and were in Scranton before the deadline.

But they hit the motherlode with the deadline deals.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    No. The guys making noise right now, Sanchez, Austin and Judge are all homegrown studs and were in Scranton before the deadline.

But they hit the motherlode with the deadline deals.
    Oh, ****. I'm thinking of the new York rangers.

I'm dumb

9. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (08-18-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    Oh, ****. I'm thinking of the new York rangers.
    Sore subject today.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    Sore subject today.
    Meh. Possible second line winger who is already developed skill wise. Would have loved him to sign, but we will be ok

12. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-21-2016),WagonCircler (08-20-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The young talent they picked up at the deadline was quite nice. i think they, and their fans, are overvaluing Clint Frazier. I've seen some people compare him to Mike Trout...sure he has 5 tools, but so did Desmond Jennings and Frazier hasn't exactly lit up the minors at any stop. He's still an intriguing prospect and has the chance to be a cornerstone of their franchise in 3-5 years.

Their homegrown talent is also quite nice...guys like Judge and Sanchez have been very impressive in limited duty this year.

There's a solid nucleus to build around if Judge, Sanchez, Austin, Frazier, Torreyes are all the real deal. Also a nice pitching staff to build around Justus Sheffield - if he can develop further, Tanaka and Pineda. Then they have some solid younger talent in guys like Gregorius and Castro. The bullpen has two pretty good arms in Betances and Clippard. Admittingly I haven't followed Clippard much recently but he was a nice bullpen piece a few years back who is a major innings eater on top of it.

The problem with the Yankees is they still have a lot of overpriced, over the hill, not well aged players on the roster. Sabathia, Texeira, Ellsbury, McCann. There's a lot of money tied up in those 4 guys and then the money A-Rod is still gonna get paid.

As a team, they're probably 2-3 years away from being a serious contender in the AL waiting for their pipeline to develop, getting rid of the aging talent and replacing it with new talent.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    The young talent they picked up at the deadline was quite nice. i think they, and their fans, are overvaluing Clint Frazier. I've seen some people compare him to Mike Trout...sure he has 5 tools, but so did Desmond Jennings and Frazier hasn't exactly lit up the minors at any stop. He's still an intriguing prospect and has the chance to be a cornerstone of their franchise in 3-5 years.

Their homegrown talent is also quite nice...guys like Judge and Sanchez have been very impressive in limited duty this year.

There's a solid nucleus to build around if Judge, Sanchez, Austin, Frazier, Torreyes are all the real deal. Also a nice pitching staff to build around Justus Sheffield - if he can develop further, Tanaka and Pineda. Then they have some solid younger talent in guys like Gregorius and Castro. The bullpen has two pretty good arms in Betances and Clippard. Admittingly I haven't followed Clippard much recently but he was a nice bullpen piece a few years back who is a major innings eater on top of it.

The problem with the Yankees is they still have a lot of overpriced, over the hill, not well aged players on the roster. Sabathia, Texeira, Ellsbury, McCann. There's a lot of money tied up in those 4 guys and then the money A-Rod is still gonna get paid.

As a team, they're probably 2-3 years away from being a serious contender in the AL waiting for their pipeline to develop, getting rid of the aging talent and replacing it with new talent.
    2-3 years is perfect timing for the kids to come of age. CC, Tex, McCann and Ellsbury (and sadly, Gardner) will all be elsewhere by this time next year--most of them by opening day next year.

The important thing is the change in philosophy, back to that of the Gene Michael days.

That's not to say that they won't make a run at a Trout or a Harper, but that would be to complete a team, not to build one.