Thread: Darren Sharper sentenced to 18 years for rapes

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Darren Sharper sentenced to 18 years for rapes

..."Former National Football League star Darren Sharper was sentenced on Thursday to 18 years in federal prison in a case stemming from accusations that he drugged and raped women in four states while working as a television analyst. Sharper, 40, who retired from the NFL in 2011 after helping lead the New Orleans Saints to a Super Bowl championship, had pleaded guilty in federal court in Louisiana in May 2015 to distributing controlled substances to three unsuspecting women and then having sex with them while they were incapacitated.

He also pleaded guilty or no contest last year to rape or attempted rape charges involving nine women, including in Arizona, California and Nevada."...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN10T1GU
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Darren Sharper sentenced to 18 years for rapes

As far as I understand with these federal cases, he could be out in 2029 because there is no parole in such cases...only time off the sentence if you're a good boy. I guess that's the math. That's a long time, but probably not long enough. 9 years was definitely ridiculous.

I'm sure he'll be protected in there because the case is high profile...people like to bring up the "Bubba in the shower" scenarios, but I don't think that'll happen here. So he'll probably get out when he's about 54 with money in the bank. Meanwhile, he gets what he gets. **** him.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Darren Sharper sentenced to 18 years for rapes

Darren Sharper was nominated to the. Hall of Fame this year.