Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dareus Enters Rehab

Thanks
    Thanked 5,220 Times in 3,689 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Dareus Enters Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    We may as well forget about Dareus being an All-Pro like we hoped when he was drafted five years ago. Looks like he peaked early and now he's getting a bit battle weary. It will take every bit of fortitude by him to get back into the physical and mental shape necessary to compete at the pro level for 6+ months at a stretch. Frankly, I don't think he has it in him. He's going to waddle through the rest of his contract and go buy an island with a hemp plantation.

How does the rehab affect he availability for games? Is he still projected to be available by Week 5? Will he still be practicing with the team? Will he even be in game shape when his suspension is up? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no. Then again, when was the last time that fat slob was in game shape?
    Darius cannot practice with the team until after the completion of the 4th regular season game, so he's almost assured to be out of shape. The odds are long this will be a great season for him but then again, he won't be injured and should be ready to contribute at a somewhat high level.

2. Post thanked by:

gebobs (08-23-2016)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    The odds are long this will be a great season for him
    Nicely understated. The odds are indeed long. Like light-years long. He just isn't the kind of guy with innate talent and physical ability to pull it off. The odds are long even for him to pull out of this death spiral. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league in a few years.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

4. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016),WagonCircler (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lots of opinions here. And you know what opinions are like.

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I wonder. What?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You have to establish a pattern of behavior to actually get suspended for 4 games for violating the league substance abuse policy. He's already failed or no showed a number of tests. Dareus heading down to the chip strip the same night he announces he's gonna go to rehab just shows that he isn't willing to change his pattern of behavior and will likely further violate the substance abuse policy in the future.

And yes, going out and drinking is violating the league substance abuse policy once you're in the protocol. It's what got Josh Gordon a year off from football.

Maybe the rules are stupid, but they are the rules.

8. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-23-2016),Skooby (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    You have to establish a pattern of behavior to actually get suspended for 4 games for violating the league substance abuse policy. He's already failed or no showed a number of tests. Dareus heading down to the chip strip the same night he announces he's gonna go to rehab just shows that he isn't willing to change his pattern of behavior and will likely further violate the substance abuse policy in the future.

And yes, going out and drinking is violating the league substance abuse policy once you're in the protocol. It's what got Josh Gordon a year off from football.

He went out. I didn't hear anything about him drinking (not that it should matter because I don't think he's going to alcohol rehab), much less toking it up. I also don't understand where the urgency to enter rehab is coming from? It's not like waiting a few days is going to mean the difference between life and death. It's pot. You know, a formerly illegal drug which is now legal in one form or another in half the country, and which unlike other illicit drugs or alcohol is not physically addictive.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He went out. I didn't hear anything about him drinking (not that it should matter because I don't think he's going to alcohol rehab), much less toking it up. I also don't understand where the urgency to enter rehab is coming from? It's not like waiting a few days is going to mean the difference between life and death. It's pot. You know, a formerly illegal drug which is now legal in one form or another in half the country, and which unlike other illicit drugs or alcohol is not physically addictive.
    While alcohol isn't a violation of real society laws, it is a violation of the league substance abuse policy once you've entered the protocol.

While marijuana honestly isn't that bad and I don't even smoke the stuff, it is illegal in most of the US still and a violation of the league substance abuse policy.

When you announce you're going to rehab and then go clubbing later the same day, it doesn't look good on you. Especially with all the factors involved.

11. Post thanked by:

Historian (08-25-2016),Mace (08-23-2016),Skooby (08-23-2016),Turf (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Not to mention he didn't stay for the game. If I'm not mistaken, if he violates it again, isn't it a year suspension?
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

13. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

While alcohol isn't a violation of real society laws, it is a violation of the league substance abuse policy once you've entered the protocol.

While marijuana honestly isn't that bad and I don't even smoke the stuff, it is illegal in most of the US still and a violation of the league substance abuse policy.

When you announce you're going to rehab and then go clubbing later the same day, it doesn't look good on you. Especially with all the factors involved.
    Mr. Pink = Common Sense.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    Not to mention he didn't stay for the game. If I'm not mistaken, if he violates it again, isn't it a year suspension?
    That, then we get a 389 lbs douche the following year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    His next violation is 10 games and a subsequent violation is a year off, then has to apply for reinstatement and can get more games off.

Since I've used Josh Gordon a couple times in this thread...

Gordon's year off ban was for alcohol, applied for reinstatement, still has another 4 games off. Amusingly enough he returns for the Cleveland game against New England...the same game that Brady gets to come back for.

17. Post thanked by:

Mace (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have no doubt the Bills told him to skip the game so that they could get his replacement valuable PT with the starters. And so far I've heard nothing from the team suggesting he skipped without their permission.

And the rehab will either work or it won't: the exact day he enters it is immaterial. And that's up to Marcell.