Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What's it going to take to cancel Dareus contract ??

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Do we know he was drinking? Do we know when he checks into rehab? Is there anything preventing players from going out at night?

He walked off the field before a game and declared he was entering rehab. It's Monday. The Bills haven't practiced since the game. If he's not in rehab and missing practices then I'd be more concerned. Even then he isn't playing until week 5.

He said he was going to rehab. He didn't say when. And we don't know that he's missed any team activities without the Bills blessing.
    What sane person celebrates going to rehab or being suspended ?? It's not a contrite one who understands that their actions have become to detrimental to the team, what kind of example is he setting for everyone else ?? Highest paid player, acting the most childish. Worst possible scenario, really embarrassing the team as well as himself.

Maybe we should give him $200 Million in Duffs certificates as a bonus, all guaranteed for life / does that make sense ?? What a waste.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Way too harsh. I mean at worst we don't get to see on of the best Bills players help us try to win the first four football games.

Why do we act like it's one of our kids? It's was stupid move on his part. He's taking action.

Do we know if it's even an in-patient rehab? There's out-patient too.

3. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-22-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Way too harsh. I mean at worst we don't get to see on of the best Bills players help us try to win the first four football games.

Why do we act like it's one of our kids? It's was stupid move on his part. He's taking action.

Do we know if it's even an in-patient rehab? There's out-patient too.
    It's incredibly stupid when you've been suspended for being stupid, so there's a negative pattern forming here. Sorry to be so rough but I'm hearing nothing but bad things so far, lesson has not been learned (like at all).

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Another 5-6 in season, cut Dareus, we suck....

Take some Xanax and a break from this place. We aren't your shrink.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    If he's not able to play, there will be relief at some point if he's not getting paid.
    Here's the CBA...

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...-2011-2020.pdf

...if you can find any applicable language other than what I've already pointed out, please feel free to do so.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-22-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Here's the CBA...

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...-2011-2020.pdf

...if you can find any applicable language other than what I've already pointed out, please feel free to do so.
    I'm looking, believe me.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

HIPAA won't allow it, all I can say is Dareus' recent actions is part of a much bigger problem. The dude is running wild with his money, think Albert Haynesworth but with a more addictive personality (not in a positive way).

He actually gained weight in camp, LOL. What a freaking joke.
    That would be good if HIPAA actually applied to you. Just like it doesn't apply to reporters who break injury and treatment information all the time.

What's the next excuse for the innuendo without any facts?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

10. Post thanked by:

Dr. Lecter (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    That would be good if HIPAA actually applied to you. Just like it doesn't apply to reporters who break injury and treatment information all the time.

What's the next excuse for the innuendo without any facts?

Depends on my source now doesn't it ? So obviously it's medically related and if found out, could be a detriment. Dareus is a complete mess, like physically & mentally. He's really lost his way, like skipped the test so he could have a extra month off to play around and then comeback to his huge paycheck mess. Think Albert Haynesworth but seriously more messed up. These pictures of him going to "rehab" are a complete joke to him, you'll be hearing about it soon. Dareus had a plan, it worked and now he gets to play even more during the regular season while his teammates wait for him to return. I wouldn't count on or trust that guy, like at all.

One other quick note even though not as obvious, the Bills cut Karlos for more than being out of shape. Like way more and he's been passed over by 31 other teams for a good reason. Karlos from last season would of been a starter or second string back on about 1/3 of the NFL teams, maybe half. So what happened ??
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-22-2016 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't count on or trust that guy, like at all.
    I know the feeling, Sherlock.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,070 Times in 3,555 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

So you're implying Dareus has bipolar disorder? Sorry but you don't go to "rehab" for that one MMD. You also don't go there for pot. The "rehab" is to get his suspension reduced by a game, like Bell did and got. `

And unless he was seen toking it up when he was out on the town, it means little. It's not like he had to enter rehab immediately or he was going to die.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Luisito23 View Post
    ...Just kill this silly thread already.
    QFT, he is our best defensive player. Im happy we have him for the next 5 years..

“A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness,"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know Dareus personally and everyone is different but if what is alleged is true, rehab (no matter good the facility) will be waste of time and be nothing more than a PR poly. Some common rehab phrases come to mind when reading this thread. The first is "ready for rehab" meaning you can't be forced into rehab and expect it to be successful. At some level (and more than just lip service) you have to want to change your life and move past the drug use, that is not something anyone can force you to do against you will. The second rehab phrase is the "people, places and things" concept. Most people associate drug use with people that they know, places that they go and things that they do. Until the drug user changes the shady people that he associates with, the unhealthy places that he goes and the destructive things he does, sooner or later the drug use will resume. As a counselor once told me, you can't have your old life back just without the drug use. True rehab means giving up more than drugs, it means giving up people and habits that hurt you.

16. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016),YardRat (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,292 Times in 842 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One other quick note even though not as obvious, the Bills cut Karlos for more than being out of shape.
    A poster on another bills website claimed he had people who live in Tallahassee tell him things about Karlos that made his skin crawl... SO whatever your sources are telling you are quite likely true

18. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-22-2016)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,864 Times in 4,339 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

~ Dummy right again.
    Should have never gave this guy that much money.
    Hasn't done much in the Bills last 23 games.
    Huge waste of money.

20. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
    A poster on another bills website claimed he had people who live in Tallahassee tell him things about Karlos that made his skin crawl... SO whatever your sources are telling you are quite likely true
    I really didn't want to go into it but the people we keep bringing in are of little moral fiber, it's talent and don't care about injuries or history. It's probably why we keep taking hits left and right.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

All right, now I'm pissed. I just saw a twitter pic of Marcel leaving the stadium wearing the same ridiculously ugly shirt he had in this photo. So straight from walking out on the team for rehab to whatever he was at. Wow.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

23. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not going to happen. The rehab is a bonus. It won't affect his play at all since he's out for the first 4 games anyways. If anything he'll clean up his act for good.

I'm glad he's a Bill. He's going to be a Bill for a long time.
    Problem is, right now he's going down the Josh Gordon path.

Lots of talent, nothing between the ears.

At least Dareus waited til he got a big contract before he stopped caring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy View Post
    ~ Dummy right again.
    Should have never gave this guy that much money.
    Hasn't done much in the Bills last 23 games.
    Huge waste of money.
    Right there with ya. Good thing we didn't draft Patrick Peterson!

25. Post thanked by:

Skooby (08-23-2016),TacklingDummy (08-23-2016)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    All right, now I'm pissed. I just saw a twitter pic of Marcel leaving the stadium wearing the same ridiculously ugly shirt he had in this photo. So straight from walking out on the team for rehab to whatever he was at. Wow.
    Does that look like a person ready to fix his life and take things seriously or a complete F-up ??? No contractual language for stupid behavior while he was being investigated for reckless driving and S-weed was about as dumb as it gets, this solidifies that.

I'd plan on the team trying to find a legal way out after he can't pass a physical to return to play or he gets suspended again. He's not going to pass up to 360 drug tests a year for multiple years in a row or stay out of legal trouble, there's just no way that all happens.

He a force to be reckoned with, in the buffet line.
    Last edited by Skooby; 08-23-2016 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Forget Dareus.. how do we get out of Russ Brandon's deal?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Depends on my source now doesn't it ? So obviously it's medically related and if found out, could be a detriment. Dareus is a complete mess, like physically & mentally. He's really lost his way, like skipped the test so he could have a extra month off to play around and then comeback to his huge paycheck mess. Think Albert Haynesworth but seriously more messed up. These pictures of him going to "rehab" are a complete joke to him, you'll be hearing about it soon. Dareus had a plan, it worked and now he gets to play even more during the regular season while his teammates wait for him to return. I wouldn't count on or trust that guy, like at all.

One other quick note even though not as obvious, the Bills cut Karlos for more than being out of shape. Like way more and he's been passed over by 31 other teams for a good reason. Karlos from last season would of been a starter or second string back on about 1/3 of the NFL teams, maybe half. So what happened ??
    No, it doesn't.

He's been having trouble for a long time and said such publicly on multiple occasions for years.

Are you saying that you have been told he intentionally skipped his test to take an extra month off? Is that what your claim of information is?

As for Karlos Williams, it's been widely reported by multiple people that the Bills cut Williams for a myriad of factors that included, but were not limited to, his conditioning, commitment, and attitude. The same things were voiced about him coming out of FSU considering how highly thought of the kid was coming into school. A five year history of those three things combined will scare off every team from a waiver claim. Plus all NFL rosters are currently full and there is a cut down deadline on Sunday.
    Last edited by DraftBoy; 08-23-2016 at 06:03 AM.